Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Optional Friendly Fire

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Optional Friendly Fire

Post by hyper copter » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:15 am

We all have these moments where your teammate and a foe are fighting and you are standing there with an aimed weapon waiting for the foe to be in your direction, Or you just try your teammate's luck and shoot hoping it doesn't hit him.
My idea here is making friendly fire (being able to inflict damage to your teammate) optional via the game info menu.
It has to be a whole section like scripts because a lot can be configured;

[*] Melee - If your teammate's punches and kicks can hit you and inflict damage to you, Or if they just go through you.
(this, of course, includes melee weapons such as knives and chairs)
[*] Bullets - If bullets shot by your teammate can hit you and inflict damage to you, Or if they just go through you.
[*] Thrown Objects - If thrown objects by your teammates can hit you and inflict damage to you, Or if they just go through you.
(that includes grenades, molotovs, chairs, flag poles, baseballs, all melee weapons & firearms)
[*] Launched Grenades (grenade launchers' bullets) - If grenades launched using a grenade launcher by a teammate of yours can hit & explode you, Or if they just go through you.
[*] Rockets (bazookas' bullets) - If rockets shot using a bazooka by a teammate of yours can hit & and be ridden by you, Or if they just go through you.
[*] Reflected Bullets - If bullets shot by a foe and reflected by a teammate can hit you and inflict damage to you, Or if they just go through you.
[*] +Reflected Bullets - If bullets shot by a teammate and reflected by a foe can hit you and inflict damage to you, Or if they just go through you.
[*] Diving - If your teammate can dive into you, Or if he just goes through you.
[*] Falling - If a teammate of yours can fall on you and inflict damage to you, Or if he just goes through you.
[*] Thrown Bodies - If a fighter thrown (grab, block/punch) by your teammate can fall on you and inflict damage to you.

This should not include any explosions caused by your teammate.

The reason I made this topic is that I wanted an option that makes you unable to kill or hurt your teammate in any way possible.

Something I missed?
Last edited by hyper copter on Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:36 am

i already suggested it somewhere as i remember
https://www.mythologicinteractiveforums ... =39&t=3072
0 x
-Content-maker.