Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Map Editor Suggestions

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Re: Map Editor Suggestions

Post by Shock » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:01 am

When you're using BGtext or Text, it is uncomfortable to make custom tiles because the trigger mark prevents you, look at that:

I would like to at least recommend adding:

Far background wall tile with text color palette + one pixel tile with same options
Background wall tile with text color palette + one pixel tile with same options
Foreground wall tile with text color palette + one pixel tile with same options

Or same tiles structure as placeholders, but with RGB color palette

So, this will allow you to choose any color from RGB palette and you can make different locations or custom objects.

Notice: This could a bit allow the game to live longer because sometimes it will be useful and players could somehow easily make new custom tiles
9 x
-Content-maker.

Tom78_78
Meatbag
Started SFD: 1.1.2

Post by Tom78_78 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:12 pm

Great idea that would be very useful !
0 x

xdhoomy12x
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: xdhoomy12x
Started SFD: 1.3.3

Post by xdhoomy12x » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:35 am

i think a dark theme for it would be great, at least the script tab
1 x

penjamiLE
Meatbag
Post by penjamiLE » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:50 pm

I want to have doves that can carry items or cargo containers with ease. Atm it is not possible in sfd, but by adding a trigger of some sort that makes stuff weightless, doves can carry me around while I am sitting in WC or subway train
1 x

tilt56
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: tilt56
SFD Alias: tilt56
Post by tilt56 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:45 am

I would like to see the addition of a marker that can be toggled on or off. not quite like a switch. I couldn’t find anything like it when looking for it. The closest/only thing I could find was a made up thing when moving a solid object into an area marker. So far the way the game seams to read markers is just by a single blip or pulse, but what my suggestion is to add something that can input and output either a 1 or 0 at all times (just like electricity and transistors)

either this, or this and input it with logic gates
0 x
Be Nice

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:52 am

When you make campaigns, sometimes you'll have to make different types of bots and some of them may be civilians and if you already have some weapons or throwable items, you can still damage them. I'd like to suggest possibility to disable friendly fire and add some additional modifiers.

1.Friendly fire/throwing modifier - may be disabled or enabled;
-first of all if you disabled this option, projectiles/throwables will go through the bots and cant damage them.

2.Explosion critical damage - may be disabled or enabled;
-if it's disabled, bots or players can no longer get stun or fly away from the explosion.

2 x
-Content-maker.

Jovani
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Heroe
SFD Account: Jovani
SFD Alias: Johnny
Started SFD: 2014
Post by Jovani » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:22 am

! Message from: KliPeH
Merged standalone thread with this existing one.

This new area trigger is for a consecutive activation with <ms> delay option (you can set the time it takes to activate again) if the player is inside it. It would helpful in map editor players to make especial zones where there is radiation, hot steam, hp regeneration zone, poison, etc. Also to create a mechanism to detect if the player is still in an arena.

Example: https://i.imgur.com/LM0z79g.mp4 (this is just montage)

Before, I tried to make the "consecutive activation" by using a dynamic Arena Trigger to moving it from side to side, but sometimes it was lagging and staggered...
 ! Message from: KliPeH
Merged standalone thread with this existing one.

A trigger that serves to activate when player does a specified move.

Example:

You must select the move that player must do (kick, roll, grab...) in options that this trigger has to activate the object that you want to activate.

(I think I'll stop suggesting ideas for a while because game will not update in a long time, there are no servers available, they delete the help that I want to give and my head explodes to see if grammar is correct...)
1 x
-I hope one day to have green ping on most servers...
-SFD is a good game that inspired people to make friends, be artists and "YouTubers". I hope one day SFD becomes famous and everyone recognizes it.

Vitamin E
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Completely Neutral
Started SFD: around 2012
Post by Vitamin E » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:36 pm

Adobe Slopes

Dirt and asphalt are my favorite tiles to make custom maps with because they have 3 types of slopes. It’s great for creating natural type shapes for organic styled maps. This is why I build many of my maps out of dirt.

It is for this reason that I would be so grateful if there were adobe slopes. Either that or add a dark gray alternate color for the asphalt tiles, whichever is easier to implement. Then there would be the possibility to build with dirt and stone together.

———————————————————————

Lava

We have acid and water, so why not add in the classic video game liquid known as lava? Lava would be great for creating a spooky atmosphere. We could make dungeons, volcanoes, hell, evil lairs, etc. Working together with adobe slopes we could make some awesome stuff

———————————————————————

The map editor is already so awesome and versatile but with the addition of adobe slopes and lava, it would be even greater than it already is. Thank you for reading my suggestion.
3 x

BurrCA
Meatbag

Post by BurrCA » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:31 pm

Simple suggestion:
FgRailing, as simple as that, yet I think we need these, these could look like metal objects, may be slightly bigger because, bgrailing is supposed to be on the background, as it is foreground these are in front of players like most of foreground tiles and that would be pretty much it.
1 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:48 pm

Hello, you know that the players are still making maps for this game and we don't have too many things to use, to improve atmosphere in our maps. These simple suggestions might take not too much time to add and they're actually pretty simple, but it makes so much ways out of the limit that we have now.

1.Few colors for Static BG Searchlight;
Just adds few colors besides cold white for light, maybe same pallete as for moon/stars.

In Map Editor:

Before:

After:

2.Static FBG Searchlight;
Adds static straight fbg searchlight as if it was Static BG Searchlight, but far away;
Might be helpful when you want to put gradient behind the city for better contrast and doesn't cover background objects;

Result:

3.AnyColor BG wall, FBG wall;
Adds BGwall with text color mechanic, so you can use any color for this wall

In Map Editor:

Result:

4.Light sources;
Adds some light sources, maybe same pallete as for moon/stars.

Result:
7 x
-Content-maker.

Odex64
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content Creator
SFD Account: Odex64
Started SFD: PreAlpha

Post by Odex64 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:50 pm

too good to be true
3 x

Danila015
Meatbag
SFD Account: Danila015

Post by Danila015 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:51 pm

First and third option could be very cool in game
1 x

Sushi
Meatbag
SFD Account: MiamiMai

Post by Sushi » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:14 am

With the new light system, we could see even more interesting designs for the game! Would be a nice addition, really.
1 x