Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Server being ddos attacked

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
CrazyDuck
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: CrazyDuckk
SFD Alias: CrazyDuck
Started SFD: 2014

Server being ddos attacked

Post by CrazyDuck » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:00 pm

My server was attacked by another ddos attack, Last time was about six months ago, we found out how Hacker got the server IP address through SFD, and I sent it to Gurt because I couldn't get in touch with the other authors, needed to add friends, and they wouldn't agree.
other author says: Hey! Try that guy's way! and that guy's way is "Don't give out the IP to other guys" or "buy Ddos Protection", That's impossible because buying ddos protection is tens of times more expensive than running a server, and Don't tell others your IP? Come on, people can easily get your IP through SFD, about how to get ip i have sent a private message to gurt, and the emails too. It has been half a year, and there is still no reply. What the hell are you guys doing?
3 x

android7
Fighter
Fighter

Post by android7 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:18 pm

Hi,
there is nothing that the devs can do. It is the way hosting any game works, the client needs to know the IP of the server.
0 x

NiGHTWiNG
Meatbag
SFD Account: Diffensive

Post by NiGHTWiNG » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:02 pm

Hello fighter,

One month ago I published a video about how to get the host IP, despite in the video saying that this is only for knowledge and not harrassment, there are still kids who are immature and think that shutting down someone router is funny. I myself years ago thought it was worth for the people who are low lifes and who thinks they know best. I used to DDoS people years ago, I was childish but with time I grow up. I leaked the method because this ain't nasa book secret or area 51, since you are the one who's opening ports on your PC to create the server, the client(player) has to connect to your open ports. As you can get IP from all players, players can also get your IP because the server does a handshake with the client (ACK SYN). The best option you could do is contact your ISP for a new IP address if you signed the contract as dynamic IP and rebooting your router does not change it.
1 x

Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Wasted potential
SFD Account: ake004
SFD Alias: Retired SFD player
Started SFD: When melee was good

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:52 pm

NiGHTWiNG wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:02 pm
One month ago I published a video about how to get the host IP, despite in the video saying that this is only for knowledge and not harrassment,
When was there ever a time people have not abused knowledge? This kind of stuff should be seen coming, especially if you used to do it yourself.
0 x
🎶I will tell your story if you die
I will tell your story and keep you alive the best i can
But I've always had the feeling we would die young
Some die young
🎵
https://i.imgur.com/D479VLi.png

CrazyDuck
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: CrazyDuckk
SFD Alias: CrazyDuck
Started SFD: 2014

Post by CrazyDuck » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:33 pm

android7 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:18 pm
Hi,
there is nothing that the devs can do. It is the way hosting any game works, the client needs to know the IP of the server.
Do you know the attacker can directly from the game console access to the server's IP address? Even if the server has a password or you've been banned, you can still get it ? This is a fatal flaw in this game, and only Dev can fix it . But unfortunately, they've already abandoned this game
0 x

Odex64
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content Creator
SFD Account: Odex64
Started SFD: PreAlpha

Post by Odex64 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:51 am

Of course you can still access the IP, how are you supposed to join any game even if they're protected
0 x