Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

SFD 1.2.1 conversation and download

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Wasted potential
SFD Account: ake004
SFD Alias: Retired SFD player
Started SFD: When melee was good

Re: SFD 1.2.1 conversation and download

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:15 pm

Finally downloaded the game. Now i'm mind blown... :D
"Superfighters deluxe": Devolution

Just wondering, kinda boring alone. Any scipts, to add bots into the mix? :?:
Thank you so much
0 x
🎶I will tell your story if you die
I will tell your story and keep you alive the best i can
But I've always had the feeling we would die young
Some die young
🎵
https://i.imgur.com/D479VLi.png

Curtex
Meatbag
Title: Pudding of Doom
SFD Account: Curtex
SFD Alias: Curtex
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.2.0

Post by Curtex » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:03 pm

Older servers were simple asf, the community was damn small and it was really easy to find the same people over and over again, felt warm to boot up the server and know everybody joining!

I've always been mixed between the old style looks and the newer we got a bit later, old ones weren't as "edgy", but they had their touch. Gameplay was dope even then, but you really felt the difference between being a host, a client with good ping or a client with bad ping.

The local server-sided thing made it solid, but it would look dumb pretty often for clients, the massive input delay was killer as well even with rather low pings.

The fast action was dope though, I got way better after the big rework.
Only thing I hated about the old ones was the kick+shotgun spam, it was nearly unstoppable for the most part, and I couldn't replicate it a single damned time!
1 x

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:04 am

Curtex wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:03 pm
Older servers were simple asf, the community was damn small and it was really easy to find the same people over and over again, felt warm to boot up the server and know everybody joining!

I've always been mixed between the old style looks and the newer we got a bit later, old ones weren't as "edgy", but they had their touch. Gameplay was dope even then, but you really felt the difference between being a host, a client with good ping or a client with bad ping.

The local server-sided thing made it solid, but it would look dumb pretty often for clients, the massive input delay was killer as well even with rather low pings.

The fast action was dope though, I got way better after the big rework.
Only thing I hated about the old ones was the kick+shotgun spam, it was nearly unstoppable for the most part, and I couldn't replicate it a single damned time!
They were simpler times for sure. Ultimately the progress of time brought the devs to the end product we have today, without the bells and whistles we'd all been waiting for. "At some point, you put the paintbrush down and say it’s done. Blemishes and all." It's incredibly hard to say today that I'm ok with it all, but it's not my creative project. Wish I could have told myself that 10 years ago but when you have such a fast paced game as 1.2 with all it's potential, you want to see how fast the game could go. I should have paid more attention to how much a tribute SFD is to classic action movie stereotypes. Call this my apology to Gurt and Hjarpe.

Ultimately I think I sunk a good bit of my childhood and even adult life into this game throughout it's lifespan. I'd say I'm grateful we were able to go through it every step of the way. This snapshot of the development process, from it's more cartoony aesthetic and fast-paced gameplay, shows how far the devs have come stylistically and otherwise. I wish I could organize another few rounds of 1.2 some time.
4 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)