Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

"Unpixelated" soundpack.

Custom textures and sounds
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
AyyKyu
Meatbag
SFD Account: AyyKyu
"Unpixelated" soundpack.

Post by AyyKyu » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:28 pm

Unpixelated Soundpack.

I really love playing SFD, but there was one thing that kinda ruined the experience for me before. Those pixelated sounds. I am not saying it's the wrong dev choice. I just don't like them. So I decided to "unpixelate" the current sounds. I took some liberations here and there, but it should stay pretty close to vanilla. Atleast I think so.

Here's a little preview of what you can expect:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKYRznr0ZWk

Download Link:
MEGA

Installation process is as easy as it gets: just drop the contents of the archive in the game folder.
Last edited by AyyKyu on Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

Duck
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: gogogadgetkeyboard
SFD Account: Shui
Started SFD: Jul 2013

Post by Duck » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:45 pm

This sounds awesome! Do you think this pack will affect load times or performance?
Side note, sometimes I wish the sounds were more pixelated; maybe someone will make a retro soundpack sometime (retro as in SNES).
0 x
'<'

AyyKyu
Meatbag
Post by AyyKyu » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:49 pm

Duck wrote:This sounds awesome! Do you think this pack will affect load times or performance?
Side note, sometimes I wish the sounds were more pixelated; maybe someone will make a retro soundpack sometime (retro as in SNES).
Doesn't affect perfomance at all as far as I tested. Initial start up loading time got one second longer tho.
2 x

Judy
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Quitethespicymeme
SFD Alias: Judy
Started SFD: February 2015
Post by Judy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:53 pm

I really like your pack :) i was wondering how cool it would be for someone to make real sounding effects, but they work really well with the 8-bit game. definitely going to use them!
0 x
I'm the Killer Queen :twisted:

Retired Santa
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Ruro
SFD Alias: Retired Santa
Started SFD: November 2013

Post by Retired Santa » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:20 pm

First off, I just want to say that these sound great. But I've noticed they sort of sound like they're from Garry's Mod, is that where they come from?
0 x
"Take care of yourselves, and have yourself a damn good one."

AyyKyu
Meatbag
Post by AyyKyu » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:08 pm

Retired Santa wrote:First off, I just want to say that these sound great. But I've noticed they sort of sound like they're from Garry's Mod, is that where they come from?

Many sources, to be honest. Most of them are actually personal edits. But there are some sounds from Source engine, as I couldn't find a decent alternative. That's why you might've thought about GMOD.
1 x

Pyoxy
Meatbag

Post by Pyoxy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:23 pm

I need help, for some reason the mod doesnt work and the orginal sounds still play!
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:33 am

Pyoxy wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:23 pm
I need help, for some reason the mod doesnt work and the orginal sounds still play!
Have you updated the game recently? Updating the game removes all mods and returns files to their default state, whether it's custom textures or sounds. Try reapplying the soundpack?
0 x

Pyoxy
Meatbag

Post by Pyoxy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:55 am

KliPeH wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:33 am
Pyoxy wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:23 pm
Have you updated the game recently? Updating the game removes all mods and returns files to their default state, whether it's custom textures or sounds. Try reapplying the soundpack?
I have downloaded this mod with the most recent version of the game that exists right now, so it cant be that.
(also what do you mean by reapplying the soundpack, like downloading it again or what?)
0 x