Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Status Update 2020-06-02

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Status Update 2020-06-02

Post by Gurt » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:16 pm

There was no update for SFD during May as we're doing the annual report and fiddling around with papers and stuff. Administrative work that is. I hope I will find inspiration for another smaller update in the middle/end of June.

Something other than SFD: While Hjarpe is tinkering with his game project I will continue to experimenting building a framework for our next game. As it's an offline and we have learned a lot from previously games we're building it from the ground up with mod support in mind. My goal is to allow the end user to just place a folder (or a zip file) containing all the mod files in a special plugin folder and the game should just read everything from it. I'm almost there. And yes, Harmony https://github.com/pardeike/Harmony is already a part of it.
8 x
Gurt

Odex64
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content Creator
SFD Account: Odex64
Started SFD: PreAlpha

Post by Odex64 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:43 pm

Great news! It's nice to hear such as interesting infos about your new project, especially the highly requested mod support which will increase the game's life span and gives us the ability to customize a lot of things!

But on behalf of everyone we have several questions: (don't answer if it'll be a surprise)
  1. What genre of game is this?
  2. Are you going to use Unity? if so will it be 2D or 3D? imagine SFD3D lol
  3. What do you mean by "offline"? Is the game online or completely singleplayer?
  4. Will the game include a map editor? And how will we create mods??
  5. Wil be there Beta tester before the public release?
  6. and please, keep it up with your great work ;)

Well, I think that's all so far. I really love your projects (especially the ability to create stuff and bring our creativty into it). I wish you only the best for this new game and the modding feature; Let us know more with your status update :)
5 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:41 pm

This: https://mythologicinteractive.com/BarbarianOdyssey
It's an offline singleplayer 2D platformer, it will be done in Unity using RetroBlit. We will have a map editor in one way or another.

"And how will we create mods??"
That's super early to tell, but I can imagine that we include some sample visual studio project for mods changing some aspect of the game, like the GUI for instance or something so you can pick it up and work from there or something.
6 x
Gurt

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:17 am

Gurt wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:41 pm
This: https://mythologicinteractive.com/BarbarianOdyssey
Hm, it's almost a decade since I wrote that. We are nothing if not slow determined.

Seriously though, I can't wait to get started on BO, it's been gestating a looong time, and definitely has more going on than your average action platformer. Also, the tools we have access to now are insanely good compared to when we started SFD.

I'm just gonna finish my stealth thing which has taken somewhat longer than expected, but the finish line is very much visible.
5 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:02 am

I hope this game will include "barrel jump" (boost/dash) bug as well. I am waiting for the game really, will there be character customization? If yes - I'm in, thanks for map editor ;)
1 x
-Content-maker.