Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Status Update 2018-07-02 (Beta)

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
[Failman]
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Failure of memes
SFD Alias: Chuckmagaden, Chuck, or random
Started SFD: Before pants

Re: Status Update 2018-07-02 (Beta)

Post by [Failman] » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:24 pm

Don’t know how I feel about exluding a large part of the cummunity since the best way to find a bug is just to play the game for a very long period of time and note down any weirdness, but shrug.

Fourm: I been playing this game since 1.3 in middle school but came into the cummunity i think during 1.6-4 maybe I’m not sure anymore, I’ve tried to be as active as I was during that time but well everything takes backseat when exams are around the corner. Not an issue now that it’s summer though I’m on vacation. :D
Feedback: Back in the days I was as active as I possibly could be and gave my opinion on anything gameplay related I made a lot of suggestion topic and nitpicked any proposal someone made, heck even now I still give my opinion with as much detail as possible(with a few grammatical errors) If it comes down to being blunt about a problem I’ll be that guy. I gave my feedback on every SFD update in the old fourms and any upcoming features while also playing devils advocate for strong agruements that didn’t make sense to me, mostly about fairness and illiusionary guidlines on how someone should play the game, although I also do try to mention any problem on an implemented feature or a suggestion.
Map/Script Maker: I am nethier of these things but I have tested various maps and given feedback on any bugs when I was younger (Not to mention the 150 maps I have in game).
Moderator: I’m not a moderator, probably never will be and I’m ok with that. I’m satisfied with getting to give my opinion on what I think would make the game better while trying to remind people of the rules as a member of the community, basically playing little sister instead playing big brother.

Not gonna lie I don’t have much to bring to the table but I’d really like to follow the development of this game I’ve invested so much time in to the end, but whatever happen I’m still excited to see a steam release and you can bet your bacon I’ll be the first one on line upon release, not even gonna wait for a sale.
7 x
Sorry for any errors(so much FAIL)

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:36 pm

If you haven't PM'd Zyfex about it, I would recommend doing so. He's made numerous bug report threads about various bugs from obvious to obscure. I'm sure he'll find some things that we all won't and can report it for a smoother launch.
Last edited by Lunatic on Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: He's Zyfex, not Khnight. Sorry lol
14 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

M_M_M
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: soopreeme groundpood
SFD Alias: MMM
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.0

Post by M_M_M » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:05 pm

Getting beta access would be an honor, since I've probably put as much time into the map editor as I have playing the game itself.

I've also been part of a tester team for another game (Rimworld), so I have previous experience reporting issues or general feedback on projects.
2 x
hello yes

GreenyShark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0

Post by GreenyShark » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:23 am

I only fit two of the shown criteria, And all I can really do to show you your C++ errors is email, Post, or PM to the developers the bugs I find, and my future feedback for the beta. Just don't throw explosives at me.
0 x

Vitamin E
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Completely Neutral
Started SFD: around 2012
Post by Vitamin E » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:54 am

I’d love to help test out the next version of SFD

1. I make maps and post them here on the forum pretty frequently Every couple weeks or few months I usually upload a new map. (I uploaded 4 today)

2. I have made a few bug fix suggestions in the past and I was the one to suggest the addition of the rice hat

3. I have made 70+ maps over the years that I’ve played SFD partly so I can play the game for longer.

I think I’m pretty good at the game, so I should be good at finding flaws in the new bots or new maps that have been added. I’ll be able to find any sort of easy abuse or cheese that can be done.
11 x

Oof Boi
Meatbag
SFD Account: DaddyOof
SFD Alias: DaddyOof
Started SFD: Beta v.1.0.2c
Post by Oof Boi » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:31 am

I’d like to join the beta test. I haven’t really been relevant in the past of this game and have only been playing for 7-9 months as opposed to those who have been playing since 2012 but I would really like to play the next version of the game. Though though best/only ways I may be able to help is through feedback and posting bug reports.
1 x

Armadyl5
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: 1.2.1

Post by Armadyl5 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:31 am

Joining the Beta tests would be great ! :D

most of my time goes to the map editor, still play the game enough, and i swing by the forums every now and then, so i guess im active.

i will try to report bugs and glitches as i find them, especially in the map editor.

i have a good chunk of maps and scripts on sfd mapsite, and i keep working on new maps, scripts, and content updates.
Last edited by Armadyl5 on Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9 x
Never Surrender !

Always Fight For Your Rights , and Don't Let Your Friends Down .

Tushy
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Tushy
SFD Alias: (Mask)Tushy
Started SFD: Pre-alpha 1.1.3

Post by Tushy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:36 pm

I have a decent amount of time on my hands this summer and I would be an honor to be able to Beta Test the game which has given many great friends old and new, that has also given me the chance to become a leader of the clan I joined back in 2012. And I talk about the clan leader thing because it has given me the chance to become somewhat responsible about something I care deeply about. I believe that I owe it to the devs and this community for giving me such great experiences back in 2012-2013 and now in 2018 that I started playing again that I should work on figuring out bugs/glitches and all sorts of different things on this new update. Which reminds me of when back in the day when everyone was waiting for the pre-alpha 1.2 update.

To be honest I dont think that 3 total posts on the forums counts as being active, so yea I aint active in my opinion.

I also aint a mod, but I am the owner of the Mask Clan server on discord and up until I believe I have a done a pretty good job there.

I did once try to make something on the map maker but failed miserably.

Last but not least one of my 3 total posts was about a clan oriented update.

Thank you for your time.
3 x

piterskiy
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: PiterskiyReal
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.4.X

Post by piterskiy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Maybe im not active in forums, but i've played this game for more than 2 years, since the pre-alpha, and im still playing it.
Probably im not the guy who fully understand how the game works, but for sure I do understand many things, and i hope for a chance to be a beta tester.
2 x

Minion222
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Overly White Min
SFD Account: Minion222
SFD Alias: @Minion
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.7.0
Post by Minion222 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:48 pm

So i just have a question do the beta testers get a free copy of the final game or do they not (it's just a random questiont i don't really care for a free copy)
2 x
Ight i guess this is my signature now

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:33 pm

I'd love to become a beta tester, I have one of the highest post counts on the forums, I published maps for the community, I have contributed to discussions on game mechanics and additions and have also published bug reports. I also moderate the community-made SFD Discord server and Blurry's Server. Although I haven't been around the community for as long as many other players have, I think I may be able to contribute some ideas through the beta testing.
14 x

ClockworkDice
Fighter
Fighter
Started SFD: Sometime in Pre-Alpha
Post by ClockworkDice » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:20 pm

Only reason I can think of to include me in the beta is that I made a couple of scripts and two maps. One of them is totally forgotten, and the other is stilled played on some servers a year later (This kind of amazes me). I won't be disappointed if I'm not included, as there aren't really many reasons to include me, but I feel that offering the few reasons that do exist can only help. (I've also made a couple forum posts but they weren't super important)

Also, extremely excited to see that the game will be coming to steam in the near future. Maybe that will give the game the recognition and playerbase it deserves. (Might miss it being so tight knit if it gets TOO big though)
3 x

Formel
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Not drunk enough
SFD Alias: Col. Kelly Formel
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.4.2

Post by Formel » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:42 pm

1. Forum activity and feedback
I monitor almost every important topic connected to bugs and balance. Made a report once, was that person who proposed to set grab on "R" button instead of kinda ridiculous A+D combo (btw, I proposed that button just because it might be easier to set possible controller support mapping). Was kinda active in current grab discussions. Well, just actually active here and there honestly. I just like this game despite being "a bit" too old for this.
2. Maps
I'm not really into making maps myself, I just don't have enough patience to do this. But I can easily see problems with them, like "not enough cover" or "too much cover" or even "why the hell does this place have only one way in and out".
3. Moderation
No comments here

I'm not really hoping to get in, but I'm sure that you guys are making a game that's gonna be worth my 10/15/20/??? bucks. Well, it is worth it even now, considering how much time did I spent on it... Uh, lyrics.

P.S. Del, if you get in and I don't, I'll have your butt for that. Just for your personal awareness.
9 x
Regin of doom! Deciver of fools! Alcoholic! Bad puns included.

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:50 pm

A little update: I only have time inviting around 5 to the beta each day - that's the time I spend on this right now. So this process will take a few weeks before we have reached our initial amount of beta testers. We're monitoring your replies here as we still need more beta testers. It will take some time before I catch up to my list over members to invite.
Minion222 wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:48 pm
So i just have a question do the beta testers get a free copy of the final game or do they not
Beta testers will not automatically get a free copy of the game.
Some members will get a copy of the game but for other reasons and they probably know who they are already (or will get a glad surprise near launch).
14 x
Gurt

Captain_dikal
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Mapmaker?
SFD Account: Captain_dikal
Post by Captain_dikal » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:40 pm

Hmm, I would also like to participate in the beta-test, probably this will be a good experience :)
I will be brief.

Activiy: Meh, almost every day I check the forum & site, wait for the status updates/translate them for the Russian-speaking audience, read various topics.

Map making: Oh, once I was obsessed with the map editor, I made a lot of maps and developed ideas for them. Now - only sometimes I launch the map editor.

Mo...moderation?: Well, maybe you will have a feeling of deja vu. I am administrator in Russian-speaking community - #RussianSuperfightersDeluxe.
4 x

Santa Claus
Fighter
Fighter
Title: fighter
SFD Account: Santa Claus
SFD Alias: (LM) Santa Claus
Started SFD: before fire
Post by Santa Claus » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:42 am

I really would like to join the beta. I've been playing sfd for 3 years and had a lot of fun doing so. I've also been active recently in the game, but haven't posted anything on the forums in a while. Wow, this got me nervous. I would be so happy to test out the beta and give some feedback.
Last edited by Santa Claus on Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
13 x
Originally posted by Gurt
We will keep this one even if it's a real bug - because it's cool.

xShadowNinja1632
Meatbag
SFD Account: xShadowNinja
Post by xShadowNinja1632 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:37 pm

I play this game more than 2 years, i love this game because of its graphics enough for my computer. And actually i posted only one topic in here, and it was only a problem. so please can i have the Beta version,i will be glad testing it.
0 x

Retired Santa
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Ruro
SFD Alias: Retired Santa
Started SFD: November 2013

Post by Retired Santa » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:24 pm

It would be great if I could participate in the beta testing. I've been playing for a couple of years now, and SFD is definitely one of my favorite games ever.

- I hop in every now and then to check on any news of the progress. The only feedback I've given for the game was to not cancel grabs.

- The map editor has been where I've been spending most of my time in SFD recently. I've been working on a few adventure maps because I've been really eager to play campaign mode and play against bots. Here's a scene to one of the adventure maps I'm working on: https://youtu.be/NFFt7Lj448c
I've also worked on a few versus maps, but I never really publish any because I always feel like something is off in them.

If I'm lucky enough to get an invite to the beta testing, I'll do my best to give feedback and report any bugs or anything that I think could make the game better.
6 x
"Take care of yourselves, and have yourself a damn good one."

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:03 pm

HAH theres no way im getting invited I only meet like one of the criteria, its good to know you guys are making legit progress keep it up my dudes
0 x

TheBlackshot
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Trigger-Black
SFD Alias: Blackshot
Started SFD: Winter 12/13

Post by TheBlackshot » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:38 pm

am I still welcome here? Jokes aside

I was one of the passionate, competitive souls back in the day. By now I've shifted away before finally managing to get some enjoyable maps done at least. Speaking of which, my combative nature pursued certain designs and concepts for those versus maps. Now with the campaign editor and bots I've heard of, I'd like to experiment and find out what adventures I'm able to create, what experiences I could possibly induce for the future of the map making community. Not excluding my own presence in the fights regardless.

If I'm not part of your plans, best of luck to you guys :)
6 x
Blame the game, not the player