Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Rarely, pulling out a weapon will make it invisible and behave weirdly.

Here you can find all verified bugs in SFD.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Rarely, pulling out a weapon will make it invisible and behave weirdly.

Post by mgtr14 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:46 pm

I don't know the exact conditions for this.

What happens is that the weapon is simply invisible to you (Don't know if it is also invisible to other players) and using it is somewhat impeded IIRC.
0 x
Shut up bitch!!

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:26 pm

This can happen with any weapon you just picked up for the first time to my knowledge. My best guess is that a TCP package is dropped by the network library we're using for whatever reason in rare situations - even though it promises to never drop TCP packages.
It's not like we can repeat this ever and figure out what's going on but I have seen it. The good thing is that it's a visual bug only (and only to you) so you can just shoot/throw whatever weapon you have and it will show up again.

I don't know if we ever can fix it as I can never repeat it and investigate. I have already spent too much time trying to figure it out throughout the years and all I have is vague guesses for what the cause may be. It's not like it happens often either! Figures... :(
1 x
Gurt