Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Superfighters Deluxe Planned Features

Here you can see some of our planned features for Superfighters Deluxe.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Superfighters Deluxe Planned Features

Post by Gurt » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:14 pm

This is a list of planned features for Superfighters Deluxe that's not yet finished.
As the game is released on Steam we're working on post-launch updates.

Edit 2019-08-16: Since our decision to not make any new major content updates for SFD and instead begin thinking about our next project, the remaining planned features have been marked as [CANCELLED]. This doesn't mean you won't get any new content, just that what you get will be smaller and less work-intensive things. New weapons and items, especially ones with such far-reaching consequences as the grappling hook and jetpack, are simply too complex and time-consuming for us to make at this point. /Hjarpe

Gameplay:
• Another gamemode (like Survival, CTF) other than Versus. We will see what it will be. (DONE)

Bots:
• Improved A.I. Fix navigational errors and improve their counter-play for close to short-range projectile and thrown-items. Learn them to ride a rocket and throw grenades if we have the time.

items.
• Maybe doors that, when closed by a certain team, can only be opened by a member of that team - other teams will have to break the door to get through.

Weapons and powerups:
The ability to dual-wield pistols and uzis.
Grappling hook.
Jetpack.
• Some sort of turret.
Some sort of automatic drone. (DONE)
A health item that works as a powerup and can be used at will.
• Special ammo types that affect your current weapon, e.g. incendiary bullets, explosive bullets or bouncing bullets. (DONE)

Character customization:
• Special items unlocked by completing challenges (e.g. getting a certain score in survival mode or finishing a campaign on a certain difficulty). (DONE)
Last edited by Gurt on Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
7 x
Gurt

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:01 pm

I think that some items will make the game a bit surreal. One of the interesting things in SFD is that the battles are used realistic items of action movies, weapons like SMG, machete, pistol, M60... Some items such as boomerangs and strength power up will take away some of the essence of the game, even if it is fun. Other items such as C4, Grappling Hook and Tazer I think it's extremely cool and I think it should be added in the game.

The health item (I think it was not spoken in any other topic) is an item that would be in our inventory and could be used at any time?
3 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:28 pm

DeadlyPawn wrote:I think that some items will make the game a bit surreal. One of the interesting things in SFD is that the battles are used realistic items of action movies, weapons like SMG, machete, pistol, M60... Some items such as boomerangs and strength power up will take away some of the essence of the game, even if it is fun. Other items such as C4, Grappling Hook and Tazer I think it's extremely cool and I think it should be added in the game.

The health item (I think it was not spoken in any other topic) is an item that would be in our inventory and could be used at any time?
It makes more sense if you think of SFD as an over-the-top violent comic book or cartoon show. It has realistic elements, futuristic elements and plain silly elements (explosive barrels everywhere, comically placed pianos and lakes of glowy green acid). The campaigns will hopefully make it clearer what sort of tone and setting we're going for. That said, we'll try to keep things relatively grounded.
2 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

xero1090
Meatbag
Post by xero1090 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:39 am

May you focus on local multiplayer (i.e 2 players on the same keyboard, and joystick etc) please ? Me and my little brother only play the 1st superfighters because of this feature, so can you please focus on this first ? thx :D
0 x

Antwan
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Fighter (SPZ)
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Antwan » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:08 pm

Will you be able to put CPU while you're hosting?
2 x
When I'm coming,YOU MOVE!!!!!!

the guy thats not good
Fighter
Fighter
Title: erectin' a map
SFD Account: kelpy
SFD Alias: kelpy
Started SFD: 1.8.5c
Post by the guy thats not good » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:02 am

Could you add a Votekick/ban system instead of the one right now? I see many people get rage kicked by hosts because they get killed by them a lot. Just a thought.
Last edited by the guy thats not good on Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
danke

TheOriginalCj
Title: Lifetime Sentence to SF Wiki
SFD Alias: RedneckJed
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.0

Post by TheOriginalCj » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:53 am

the guy thats not good wrote:Could you add a Votekick/ban system instead of the one right now? I see many people get rage kicked by hosts because they get killed by the a lot. Just a thought.
They do plan on adding a votekick/ban feature for dedicated servers I assume.
0 x
Superfighters Wiki Founder
The Superfighters Wiki
Join the Wiki!
Danger Ross wrote: What are you doing here wiki-slave?! GET BACK TO WORK!

M_M_M
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: soopreeme groundpood
SFD Alias: MMM
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.0

Post by M_M_M » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:11 pm

the guy thats not good wrote:Could you add a Votekick/ban system instead of the one right now? I see many people get rage kicked by hosts because they get killed by the a lot. Just a thought.
They should probably find a better host to play with then, instead of hindering the decent ones.
0 x
hello yes

xero1090
Meatbag
Post by xero1090 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:44 am

PLS Finsh Local multiplayer right now pls (i.e 2 players on 1 keyboard) PLS
1 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:08 am

xero1090 wrote:PLS Finsh Local multiplayer right now pls (i.e 2 players on 1 keyboard) PLS
Begging will not get them to their goal any faster, or change their current project. They said multiple times they're working on dedicated server software, so it'd be logical to assume local play will NOT be coming any time soon. Perhaps we'll get it in the next few updates.

Speaking of current projects, I think a "what we're currently working on" thread should be created on the new forums as well. Since updates don't show up under 'new unread posts' just lock it and bump it every time you need to update it.
5 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:07 pm

I've removed the feature "Some sort of interface for sharing maps with others online." from the list - now that SFDMaps ( http://sfdmaps.at.ua/ ) exists and maps are super-easy to find, download and install we don't think this feature would be worth the time spent :)
1 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:42 pm

I do hope you consider it down the road, though. sfdmaps isn't hosted or controlled by you, and while I'm sure the people working there would be more than happy to work with you, it wouldn't hurt to have your own setup for things. Probably not something to worry about in the now, but definitely in the future.
1 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

Iliyan
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Enthusiast of SF and SFD
SFD Account: Iliyan
SFD Alias: Iliyan[44]
Started SFD: Carving for it since normal SF

Post by Iliyan » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:51 am

Im looking forward for the Features, But:
The Strength powerup that makes you temporarily grow in size and lets you punch people harder and further. this powerup is for me a bit too much i fear that it will be too op and kinda unreal compared to the overall powerup arsenal.
And the Boomerang for me are realy bad weaponds (because compared to other weaponds its real-world-combat-usefullnes is poor)
If i had to imagen the place of the boomerand in the mele herarchy it woud be like this fist<boomerang<throwable lamp... up to katana.
And i know the boomerang is a renge weapond but if we realy need to use a primitive trowing weapond way dont we use a spear the most usefull weapon in all pimitive-human history by far. Even Australian aborigen say it that spears were thair most usefull and preferential weapons.
Are you inserting the boomerang for the exotic factor?
1 x

AnimalWithin
Meatbag
SFD Account: AnimalWithin
SFD Alias: Animal

Post by AnimalWithin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:32 pm

Hey, i agree with you guys about boomerang and power up, but don't discard that idea yet, remember that those features might be useful for a challenge or game mode
1 x

jejodeca
Meatbag

Post by jejodeca » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:05 pm

i think the first thing you might add is local multiplayer,i just have one computer so i cannot play with my friends
2 x

ItzQwerkipie
Meatbag
Post by ItzQwerkipie » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:36 am

:D I wanna use that shock baton and tazer badly also,will the electrical weapons have some sort of stun ability?
0 x
Its A new SucCeruno

GreenyShark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0

Post by GreenyShark » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:25 am

! Message from: KliPeH
Unlocked thread so people can continue discussing planned features without resorting to creating new threads.
Merged a new take on an idea with an already existing thread.
Exactly what the title says.
Turrets in SFD could create danger zones.
It could be a throw-able box that you throw to the platform that you want your turret to be placed.
Once it is on a platform, It takes some time to "transform" into a turret, and then it does it job, as a turret.

The throw-able box should do some damage when thrown, and should then transform into a turret when it lands on a platform.
The turret could be a sniper turret, or a machine-gun turret, And whenever a player (other than the one who placed the turret)
is in the line of sight of the turret, it shoots. The turret should not be able to detect players behind cover, And the turret should
be able to only shoot in an 180 degree angle facing in only one direction on the x-axis.

This could also be a map editor item, where you could replace the bullets with any type of bullets for example, you could replace it with bazooka bullets.

The turrets could also have health bars and can be destroyed. So an easy weakness for turrets is for a player to walk behind the barrel, and destroy it.

Just an idea
1 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:59 am

Since our decision to not make any new major content updates for SFD and instead begin thinking about our next project, the remaining planned features have been marked as [CANCELLED]. This doesn't mean you won't get any new content, just that what you get will be smaller and less work-intensive things. New weapons and items, especially ones with such far-reaching consequences as the grappling hook and jetpack, are simply too complex and time-consuming for us to make at this point.
3 x

Cabo_Fiambre
Fighter
Fighter
Post by Cabo_Fiambre » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:29 am

So, this means that this was the last campaign?
0 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:20 am

OREO wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:52 am
Like why cancel it? Iam sure we wouldn’t mind it being postponed, don’t be like Minecraft (who made us wait for the super duper graphics pack only to cancel it).
Because each of those features would literally take months to make, test, and get working alongside everything else in the game. We'll be thinking about little things we can add in future, but big new features like the grappling hook are out of scope I'm afraid.
1 x