Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

It's still possible to block and grab right thereafter, even if the opponent keep punching.

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
It's still possible to block and grab right thereafter, even if the opponent keep punching.

Post by mgtr14 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:33 pm

It also depends on range, but it's possible at fist range. You can use the A+D grab method in a way to first block an attack and then initiate a grab quick enough to grab your opponent before they can even land their second punch.

The A+D method of grabbing has always been broken for this reason, being able to block an attack but also come right back with a grab in an unnatural speed compared to blocking normally and using a separate key for grabbing.
Last edited by mgtr14 on Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1 x
Shut up bitch!!

Odex64
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content Creator
SFD Account: Odex64
Started SFD: PreAlpha

Post by Odex64 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:58 pm

Today a player showed me a new melee trick; it basically jump-kicks you and "flies away" a few tiles from you. I've never seen something like that but I guess it's just a ping issue, like that popular "4 punch-combo". Said that, melee is really a big problem of the game, full of bugs and exploits and it's almost impossible to fix them all. I just hope it will be less buggy at some point.
0 x

Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Wasted potential
SFD Account: ake004
SFD Alias: Retired SFD player
Started SFD: When melee was good

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:50 pm

Did you mean: "It's still possible to block a punch and grab right thereafter, even if your opponent keeps punching"?
Cause I think bots sometimes manage this when i played single player. But not sure if i ever saw this in multiplayer.
Odex64 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:58 pm
I guess it's just a ping issue, like that popular "4 punch-combo".
Maybe, I remember before back in Beta 1.0.2c with 30 ping you could consistently block every counter punch an opponent with 140 ping punched at you. Also 4 hits is pretty much impossible to do today, unless you have like 200 ping and a shitty connection.
Odex64 wrote:
Said that, melee is really a big problem of the game, I just hope it will be less buggy at some point.
Melee is beyond fixing. At least back in the day exploits were more accessible regardless of ping.
0 x
🎶I will tell your story if you die
I will tell your story and keep you alive the best i can
But I've always had the feeling we would die young
Some die young
🎵
https://i.imgur.com/D479VLi.png

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Post by mgtr14 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:17 pm

Odex64 wrote:
Today a player showed me a new melee trick; it basically jump-kicks you and "flies away" a few tiles from you. I've never seen something like that but I guess it's just a ping issue, like that popular "4 punch-combo". Said that, melee is really a big problem of the game, full of bugs and exploits and it's almost impossible to fix them all. I just hope it will be less buggy at some point.
Yeah, but this problem can easily be fixed by either tweaking it further or entirely removing the A+D button combo to grab, and only let players use a dedicated button for grabbing.
I don't see how using a new key is harder than simultaneously pressing 2 buttons in a game that can barely handle successive inputs due to factors such as action cooldowns, general input delays, etc.
0 x
Shut up bitch!!