Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Sometimes you get stuck in the punching position.

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Nebraska4
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Nebraska4
SFD Alias: Nebraskee
Started SFD: Early 2019
Sometimes you get stuck in the punching position.

Post by Nebraska4 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:45 am

You can change direction, but nothing else. You can move again when you are bumped out of that position. I don't think this would be built into the game.
0 x
Well who knows

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:51 pm

I have not encounterd this myself playing the game. Can you share a bit more how to reproduce it, step by step?
0 x
Gurt

Odex64
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content Creator
SFD Account: Odex64
Started SFD: PreAlpha

Post by Odex64 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:59 pm

This bug happens often while playing and moving/melee a lot with yellow/red ping. I don't know what's the reason of that or what are the steps to reproduce it. Looks like it happens randomly.
0 x

Zyfex
SFD Q.A. Tester
SFD Q.A. Tester
Title: point collectin'
SFD Alias: Khnight
Started SFD: forever

Post by Zyfex » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:29 pm

1 x
but in reality

Nebraska4
Fighter
Fighter
Post by Nebraska4 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:08 am

Zyfex wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:29 pm
http://mythologicinteractiveforums.com/ ... f=20&t=419
are you talking about this bug?
Yes that's exactly the one I'm talking about! I'm not quite sure how to replicate it as it really seems to come randomly. In that post Gurt said that it was fixed but strangely enough I still see it. I can check my recordings to see if I see it but that would be hard as I have hours upon hours of recordings.
0 x
Well who knows

Zyfex
SFD Q.A. Tester
SFD Q.A. Tester
Title: point collectin'
SFD Alias: Khnight
Started SFD: forever

Post by Zyfex » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:29 pm

Nebraska4 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:08 am
Zyfex wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:29 pm
http://mythologicinteractiveforums.com/ ... f=20&t=419
are you talking about this bug?
Yes that's exactly the one I'm talking about! I'm not quite sure how to replicate it as it really seems to come randomly. In that post Gurt said that it was fixed but strangely enough I still see it. I can check my recordings to see if I see it but that would be hard as I have hours upon hours of recordings.
as far as i know it just can't be repeated as easily as it is in the video. usually when i see it, its after a fighter jumps up onto an object (like a concrete slab) and tries to attack. you can consistently get a similar bug if you spam crouch as your melee weapon breaks, but this one doesn't lock the fighter in place
1 x
but in reality

Nebraska4
Fighter
Fighter
Post by Nebraska4 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:21 pm

Zyfex wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:29 pm

as far as i know it just can't be repeated as easily as it is in the video. usually when i see it, its after a fighter jumps up onto an object (like a concrete slab) and tries to attack. you can consistently get a similar bug if you spam crouch as your melee weapon breaks, but this one doesn't lock the fighter in place
Hmm yes I think I do remember being up on a box when it happened to me most recently; it has happened to me many times though seemingly at random.
0 x
Well who knows

tilt56
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: tilt56
SFD Alias: tilt56
Post by tilt56 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:51 am

I remember fighting with a person that was able to reproduce this easily with 1 ping. I have been meaning to ask him how he did it, but from what I remember, he was punching a crate and jumping really quickly while moving backwards repetitively.
0 x
Be Nice

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:26 pm

I spent some time just puncing crates with different pings. Can't get stuck.
tilt56 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:51 am
I remember fighting with a person that was able to reproduce this easily with 1 ping. I have been meaning to ask him how he did it, but from what I remember, he was punching a crate and jumping really quickly while moving backwards repetitively.
Punching a crate... OK... and jumping really quickly while moving backwards repetitively. ... how do I do that? Maybe that's the input causing this lockup, putting you in some limbo state. I don't think you can moonwalk in SFD so how do I move backwards?
1 x
Gurt

Nebraska4
Fighter
Fighter
Post by Nebraska4 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:43 pm

I think I remember jumping down from a crate and punching and I got into the position. From what I know, try jumping up onto the crate and then jumping down and punching right after could get you stuck. I could of course be wrong on this, but those are just my ideas.
0 x
Well who knows