Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

V sync not working properly

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Nebraska4
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Nebraska4
SFD Alias: Nebraskee
Started SFD: Early 2019
V sync not working properly

Post by Nebraska4 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:37 pm

Hi,
I noticed v sync only works intermittently. I have a 1080p 75Hz monitor connected to an AMD Radeon RX 580 GPU. When it is not on there is a lot of lag while recording, and vise versa. Hopefully this can be fixed soon so I can start recording videos without lag.
Thanks!
0 x
Well who knows

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:14 pm

Are you using an AMD in-built recording software or an external one like OBS? I don't have an AMD card but most graphic cards normally have built-in features that automatically enable/disable v-sync when a game drops above and below your monitor's refresh rate. It may be this? Seems to me the solution would just be to keep SFD's v-sync enabled?
0 x

Nebraska4
Fighter
Fighter
Post by Nebraska4 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:32 am

a) I do keep v-sync enabled
b) I use the x-box game bar to record
So the issue is that game's v-sync isn't working correctly, and I don't believe it's just my computers settings as I have heard of this issue before. It could just be the Xbox game bar that is causing the issue, but the game's v sync doesn't work right anyhow.
0 x
Well who knows

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:46 pm

I have been using both Fraps back in the days and OBS Studio today when recording videos so I'm not sure if this is related to your specific software and hardware.
The V-sync is just a flag we turn on/off within the XNA framework itself, we can't control it much more. We assume it works.
You can try to set a fixed FPS manually in the config.ini file to 60 or something while recording, see if it works better. There should be a commented key,value in the config.ini file for you to change.
0 x
Gurt

Nebraska4
Fighter
Fighter
Post by Nebraska4 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:57 pm

I think I was able to fix it by turning off v sync in my GPU menu. Thanks though.
0 x
Well who knows