Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Kneeling after mid-air melee attacks when it shouldn't happen.

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Kneeling after mid-air melee attacks when it shouldn't happen.

Post by mgtr14 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:06 pm

I mean mid-air melee attacks done in a way to avoid kneeling, like jumping in very tight spaces or running off of crates/barrels and attacking before touching the ground. This avoids the kneel cooldown, but it happens eitherway sometimes.
2 x
Shut up bitch!!

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:58 pm

The game is very buggy so this tends to happen. It’s probably some stuff with the BOX2d or whatever the devs call it. Not sure if it could be fixed
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:33 pm

Similar topics have already been brought up some times in the past and our answer is the same:

SFD isn't deterministic in events or simulation in physics. This is due to technical inheritance of constantly having a playable version of the game since 2012 and the version of the box2D engine we use. Depending on your distance you need to fall, your velocity, fps and ping (which all contributes to "rubberbanding" effects) you may or may not be over the threshold velocity needed to fully kneel or take damage.
2 x
Gurt

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Post by mgtr14 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:45 pm

Gurt wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:33 pm
Similar topics have already been brought up some times in the past and our answer is the same:

SFD isn't deterministic in events or simulation in physics. This is due to technical inheritance of constantly having a playable version of the game since 2012 and the version of the box2D engine we use. Depending on your distance you need to fall, your velocity, fps and ping (which all contributes to "rubberbanding" effects) you may or may not be over the threshold velocity needed to fully kneel or take damage.
I'm reviving this thread because this has now become a huge problem.

You like the fact that one can use their immediate environment to their advantage, whether that'd be in melee or ranged. However, the kneeling bug hurts this aspect a lot for melee. A lot of melee and combos depend on kneeling being consistent and only happening when it should.

I know that this isn't some broken code you can fix overnight, but maybe there is another way. Noble has suggested increasing the "height threshold" by just a bit, so it atleast happens less frequently.
2 x
Shut up bitch!!

Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Wasted potential
SFD Account: ake004
SFD Alias: Retired SFD player
Started SFD: When melee was good

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:35 pm

mgtr14 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:45 pm