Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

[Strange bot stuff] Bot melee dificulty

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Iliyan
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Enthusiast of SF and SFD
SFD Account: Iliyan
SFD Alias: Iliyan[44]
Started SFD: Carving for it since normal SF

[Strange bot stuff] Bot melee dificulty

Post by Iliyan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:32 pm

Hmm were to start... well because i only play in blurrys and mulefire servers i some times end up alone and play vs the bots(yes i know im sick, i got Issues,ok) so i noticed the that hard bots melee was kinda too good so i went to experimentation confirm my suspicions(suspicions i got because blurry has expert bots and mulefire has hard bot dificulty). So afther 10 rounds(i restarted the server multiple times so that bots were difrent every time because i dont know how bots work ,(ok i see some jugement in youre face its time to stop or im going to get mad and come for youre ass) hard bot vs expert i did drow some conclusion and here are the result:
Hard bots melee gust obliterates expert bot all and every single time, hard bot alwais has 50% hp left, and expert bot only wins only if he has a gun as i have saw bots have same aiming skills but expert bot shoots more rounds and faster so he wins in shooting but melee,no, truely dismal.

I was happy to see that hard bot was better at melee and it was not my imagination because i too was thinking that hes melee was better when i fought them.
2 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:39 pm

Bumping this for attention.
I tested this theory back when the thread was posted and confirmed it to be true. Hard bots truly are harder than Expert.

They seem to be more nimble and execute moves almost instantly, whether it's blocking hits from afar, blocking mid jump, picking up weapons, kicking or grabbing to interrupt combos etc. I believe the difficulty was deemed "Hard" because you can kind of fool them with ADAD combos? But even that doesn't work, not really. They like spicing things up by changing punch/block intervals and implementing kicks into aggressive melee combos.

Their aim is pretty good too.

I urge you all to replace Expert bots with Hard ones in your lobby and see just how much harder the game gets. As someone looking for a challenge, I've made the transition and never went back to Expert bots since.

This isn't something that needs to be fixed per se, it's just the Hard/Expert labels should be switched around; Expert bots should be named Hard and Hard bots should become Expert.
1 x

Iliyan
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Enthusiast of SF and SFD
SFD Account: Iliyan
SFD Alias: Iliyan[44]
Started SFD: Carving for it since normal SF

Post by Iliyan » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:32 pm

I say make Hard bots shot faster and name them Expert, and dont do anything to Hard bots gust change the label to hard.
Also noticed all serves changed to hard bots (and felt good) in blurrys and multefire they changed the bot configuration because "lazy dev bastards"(i love them) dont whant to bother changing the label/names.
0 x