Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Shut's Scripts For Maps

Share questions and tutorials related to the map editor. Share you maps in the Superfighters Deluxe Custom Maps section.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
ShutDownMan
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Yeah, science!
SFD Alias: ShutDownMan, Devil Shut
Started SFD: 1.2.something

Shut's Scripts For Maps

Post by ShutDownMan » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:36 pm

Hello people o/
I'm ShutDownMan and I am a script creator...
Some time ago A long time ago I decided to make a post with some scripts to help map makers with the script part, and this way make easier to create a good yet simple scripted map.

I know this post is a bit outdated (I decided to repost it on this new forum because I feel it can still help people), but it's not useless, as these are old scripts some can not work anymore and some can not work as expected, in those cases, just reply the issue in this post and I will (sometime) look it up and fix it.

With no further ado, here is some of my 'working on' scripts:

Regen bots ++ This is a simple script that make every bot at the map regen it's health when it's "calm" (not attacking or losing health).
Idea from Immortaxio135
----------------------

Regen players ++ Same core of Regen bots, but only for players.
----------------------

Bleeding ++ A really handy standalone script for those who like the hardcore SFD.
Script from Gwendalaze
----------------------

Random Health Drop + With that script you can set the percentage of chance that a bot can drop pills or medkits.
Idea from Kawabanga
----------------------

Bloody Vampires + A combo of Ply regen + 2 Teams script that only the red team have the ability to regenerate health and the blue team have a higher chance of having more players.
Idea from Kawabanga
----------------------

Ammo box + A nice tiny script that "reloads" your weapons.
----------------------

4 Teams script + This is similar to Teams Script (by DanTheMan) but with 4 teams and a little improvement to avoid players spawning at the same spot,
Today it is pretty random and it do support the server command '/setteams'.
----------------------

2 Teams script + Same core of the 4 Teams script but, obviously for 2 teams. =3
----------------------

Teleport joint + This is what I call a 'teleport joint'. With it you can just get it's logic and make "functioning doors" easier.
----------------------

CustomId commands v0.1 + This script allows you to do some simple commands at area triggers CustomId box, such as: Set player's profile, give the player a set of weapons and remove the area trigger.
Is still extremely WIP
----------------------

Sniper Mini-game + This is a simple standalone script that prevents players from changing weapons in Sniper mini-games.
----------------------

Nyan ! A really cool script I made for Gerald (RIP), it is used on his map and I found it a really cool map idea. So I hope some of you guys make awesome maps with this simple mechanic. =P
----------------------

'Choose your team' room ! I used this concept at my (and Net's) serie of maps BoT, where at the start of the round you can choose your team.
(this script doesn't allow unfair fight at the beginning. Example: 3 vs 1)
----------------------

+ Script for map makers
+ Standalone script
! Map Idea
* Alternative websites

Here's the full list of projects/example maps.
You can also suggest ideas for tiny scripts or even gamemodes that I can try to make.
Remember to tell me when a bug happens, these are still WIP =P

Sorry for the long post, here's a potato.

For the community!
Last edited by ShutDownMan on Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
6 x
~ShutDownMan

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:31 am

Thank you Shut!

You know, I am making scripts too, but I hate making these team-up systems. For some reason. Thanks for the 2 teams system!
1 x

Dumby Eggy
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: Huevon NEO
SFD Alias: Huevon SFD
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.8

Post by Dumby Eggy » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:29 pm

Hey dude thank you for the teaams system. I tried to adapt the BoT teams system's script but I got errors and fag potatoes.
Also I checked the regen HP system. Don't you think it's too "hard" the script you made ?

Anyway, keep good and thx for the scripts
(Also happy new year 2017 :D )
1 x
HINT: You will not surprise me if you are good with snipers and magnums and katanas; but I will give my respect for someone who is a weapon-master. So don't wait any cheer marksmen...8-)

ShutDownMan
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Yeah, science!
SFD Alias: ShutDownMan, Devil Shut
Started SFD: 1.2.something

Post by ShutDownMan » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:58 am

Dumby Eggy wrote:Hey dude thank you for the teams system. I tried to adapt the BoT teams system's script but I got errors and fag potatoes.
Also I checked the regen HP system. Don't you think it's too "hard" the script you made ?

Anyway, keep good and thx for the scripts
(Also happy new year 2017 :D )
Oh, as I see I could actually help someone...

After so much time I really thought this post was dead, I made those scripts just because I wanted to ease out the process of map-making, the scripts are not to be modified or understood by people starting with it, they were made just to help people design maps.

I actually thought of commenting every line and making the scripts a lot easier to modify, but it would have been a bit of wasted work as I didn't see no one really trying to understand the scripts, just using them...

Also, as the post says, the scripts are outdated, changes in the game have been made and even with the developers creating backwards compatibility for most changes some can still break scripts up.

I really see no problem in keeping this post up-to-date other than interest, if people don't use the scripts I really see no reason to keep them up (it's a bit strange, but that's what it is, I do for the people, if they don't want, what can I do?).

Thanks again Dumby for letting me know the scripts were put to use. think I will update all of them now...
2 x
~ShutDownMan

Tom78_78
Meatbag
Started SFD: 1.1.2

Post by Tom78_78 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:07 pm

Thanks a lot for this scripts shut, you help a lot of map makers with it, it would be awesome if you continue your work !
1 x