Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

SFD is consuming all RAM memory (100%)

Having trouble running SFD? This is the place to get help and report errors.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
AxmanaleX
Meatbag

SFD is consuming all RAM memory (100%)

Post by AxmanaleX » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:06 am

Greetings, I hope you read my problem, well you see, for a few days, the SFD began to literally consume all my ram memory, (I have 2gb) but previously this did not happen, that is, it stayed around 80%, I already tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it, but it's still the same, currently it's impossible to play SFD, it takes around 5 minutes to open the game, and it's super slow and with constant fps drops to 0, I don't know what to do anymore, that's why I resorted to forum, I hope you can help me, (PS: I was wondering if there is any option within the SFD to assign the ram consumption of the game, that is, that the game only runs with 1GB of ram or 512mb, )
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:42 am

2GB of RAM is the bare minimum to run SFD, and meeting this bare minimum of a requirement is usually not a good time for any game. It’s not an “okay performance” measure, it is quite literally the bare minimum to boot the game up and play at 15-30 FPS. Having any other process or task running in the background, such as using Chrome to listen to music - will render you unable to play the game. Running scripts or custom maps (with integrated scripts) will only exacerbate the issue.

There is nothing we can do to alleviate hardware issues. It’s 2022, the industry standard is 8GB of RAM. Look up a guide on how to optimize your OS (FR33THY makes good video guides on YouTube), clean up your background process list, make sure nothing else like Discord, Spotify, Skype, OneDrive, third-party Antivirus software is running in the background. Save up some money and upgrade your 18-year-old laptop so you can play other games besides SFD.
1 x