Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Having trouble running the game through steamplay (Proton).

Having trouble running SFD? This is the place to get help and report errors.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
wilsonandco
Meatbag
Title: The Superfighters King (Flash)
Started SFD: Hopefully soon

Having trouble running the game through steamplay (Proton).

Post by wilsonandco » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:47 am

I am having trouble running the game through steam play on Linux, ProtonDB has given me the knowledge that there are people running the game just fine, but their vocabulary is very alien to me and I'm struggling to replicate their success.

Whenever I try to run the game it opens but then closes before my screen can even render the program.

I am running the steamOS/Linux version of steam through Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS, I am using Proton 7.0-3 in my attempts to run the game as that was what the latest ProtonDB user used, that doesn't mean I haven't tried the others, I tried all of them but to no avail. I have downloaded and installed winetricks, dotnet45 and xna40 as per the steps given by the users post, and I had previously downloaded wine64 to run the original superfighters.exe file posted to the Mythologic Interactive website. Do I need to configure these programs to tailor them to SFD? and if so how do I do that?

Any help will be appreciated, I just want to move on with the times and transfer my Superfighters skills to the newer and more mainstream platform, the game looks awesome and I'd love to play, I'm just struggling to figure out how.

PS;
I am going to attempt downloading the windows version of steam and run it through wine as I trust wine more than proton, (and yes I know that sounds silly) I'll get to writing a response if that works, if it does not, I'll just be here, waiting.
0 x
Pvt. Caboose, Blue team:

"Your toast has been burned, and no amount of scraping will remove the black parts."