Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Inability to connect to some servers after moving

Having trouble running SFD? This is the place to get help and report errors.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Inability to connect to some servers after moving

Post by RickAvory » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:14 am

Hey.

I recently moved to another location, with a new wifi connection affiliated with the university I attend. For whatever reason, I lost the ability to join some servers that I previously was able to join. This sucks because it seems that lately the only servers I CAN join are servers that are incredibly high ping and low quality. The servers I cant join consist of people who I used to see pretty regularly and had a good ping on, and were servers that accommodated my preferred style of play.

I will be prompted with the "Connecting... 1,2,3" all the way to ten. Again, this was something I had no issues with my previous connection, but now suddenly am having issues. I see that people are in the server, so it appears that the issue is isolated to me.

I appreciate your help.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

DaxOttsel
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Hello there1
SFD Account: DaxOttsel
SFD Alias: Kevin
Started SFD: 2019

Post by DaxOttsel » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:58 am

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in this. It's not YOUR problem, it's a problem of the game cause It happens to a lot of people. We do not know the reason why, in fact some people can join perfectly to other servers, but they cannot host a server themselves. So yeah... Unfortunately many people have told the developers for a long time about this internet connection issues, but they never fixed it. The only solution we found is to change your ISP and pray that when you make the change it works.
0 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:44 am

I don't remember when it started exactly, but some players (they have full version of game) have endless loading when they join my server and (most part) still can join.
I have a static IP, opened ports, so it should work

Same is happening to me and Mulefire, i can't join Mulefire really. I have a low ping, there are still some players in it, i don't have corrupted files, i don't have ban or anything like that + i do it for multiply times to make sure that it's not server loading and it still doesn't work to me.
0 x
-Content-maker.