- Windows 10*, Windows 8.1*, Windows 8*, Windows 7* Service Pack 1 , Windows Vista Service Pack 2*
- A 512 MB graphics card supporting DirectX 9.0c Shader Model 2.0 is required* to start the game.
- We recommend* at least an Intel Dual Core 2.2+ GHz (or equivalent) **. 4 cores are recommended if you plan to host a game online / create a server.
- Free space on your harddrive.
- We recommend* 2 GB of RAM (more RAM if you want to multi-task).
- A keyboard.
- An active internet connection to receive updates and play online.***
- Additional Gamepads if you plan to play local coop (two or more players sharing the same keyboard isn't optimal and you will run into keyboard ghosting issues).
REQUIRED SOFTWARE (prerequisites):
-Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=5555
-Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (included in Windows 8 and later, you only need to install this for Windows 7, Windows Vista)
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=30653
-Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=20914
-DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=34429
You can download the software from Microsoft Download Center, searching for the above software will give you results.
- An active internet connection required to play with others (the only thing you can do in the alpha for now).
You can adjust certain settings in the game that may improve performace:
- Turning off weather and far backgrounds in the settings may increase performance.
- Lowering the resolution may increase performance.
- Lowering the effect level may increase performance slightly in certain situations.
**The game may work with slower processors but can affect gameplay.
*** Internet "Speed" of 512 kbps (~64KB/s) both up and down as minimum when joining a game.
At least 3 Mbps (~0.4 MB/s) up if you plan to host a game with up to 8 players. (Playing SFD online generates data traffic. If you pay per GB data you play at your own risk)