Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Multiplayer not working with friends specificaly

Having trouble running SFD? This is the place to get help and report errors.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Captain JO
Meatbag

Multiplayer not working with friends specificaly

Post by Captain JO » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:13 am

I have played SFD for a while now and I've never had any Problems with the Multiplayer but now I can't connect to my friends and they can't connect to me, I can still connect to other lobbies, just not my friends. I have already set up Port forwarding in my router, UPnP is enabled and I still get the Port forwarding failed message. I don't know how to fix this and would really hate having to stop playing SFD with my friends

If you have any idea how to fix this please tell me

Thank you in advance :(
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:02 am

Captain JO wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:13 am
[...] I have already set up Port forwarding in my router, UPnP is enabled and I still get the Port forwarding failed message.
If you are manually forwarding SFD you need to disable the automatic port forwarding option from the in-game settings menu.

You also need to ensure that the forward settings stick between the sessions, either by setting a static IPv4 address or adjusting the forwarding entry to match the dynamic address every reboot/preset period of time.

Your friends also need to do all of this, not just you as a host. You can refer to this tutorial to see how to forward the game correctly. Specifically, check out the troubleshooting section at the end of the guide; many things can prevent you from port forwarding successfully, namely your ISP putting you behind a NAT, the IPv6 protocol being enabled, mixing up the addresses in the entry, and more.
1 x