Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Small Suggestions topic

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Re: Small Suggestions topic

Post by hyper copter » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:13 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:23 am
In the host options menu, allow hosts to select which method the game will use to determine the next map in the queue - by voting (the default and the only option currently), by map order (one after another alphabetically), or by a random shuffle. My suggestion is mainly focused on the latter option - I am suggesting you allow hosts to remove the voting ability (including that of the host) and consequentially remove the long idle time that comes with it.

I want the game to just select a random map for me every few rounds so that I don't have to press vote keys or wait the voting period out. Just let me play whichever map you select for me without waiting.
Agreed. I agree with suggestions that involve making a feature optional. Giving freedom to the player (the host in this case, what players can and can't do.) is always a step on the plus side.
2 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once''
- Andrew B. Sweger

Proxmin-O
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Proxmin
Started SFD: August 2016

Post by Proxmin-O » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:13 am

hmm adding musics of hl2 ( Half-Life 2 ) but Sfd's version would be great.

edit: It bothers me but possible to add red smoke trail when flaregun was fired?.( Zyfex's idea)
0 x
"You never know whats coming in your way"

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:16 pm

Proxmin-O wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:13 am
hmm adding musics of hl2 ( Half-Life 2 ) but Sfd's version would be great.

edit: It bothers me but possible to add red smoke trail when flaregun was fired?.( Zyfex's idea)
You are able to replace MP3 files. Just download the music you want, go into the music folder, Rename the file that you want to change the music to, to an already existed music file (ex. Shards, Zombie Nightmare etc) then replace the music file in that folder.

For more in-depth instructions, I recommend looking at these posts linked here and here.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:13 pm

"/startscript" should be shortened to "/start" and "/stopscript" should be shortened to "/stop".

"/startscripts" should start all scripts in the library. "/stopscripts" should stop all currently running scripts.

When using "/reloadscripts", you should receive feedback on whether the scripts were successfully refreshed or not. A chat message like "Scripts have been reloaded successfully" will suffice. Whenever I execute the command (a lot when testing scripts) I'm left wondering whether the changes I made have actually been applied or whether I misspelled the word which caused the command not to register.

The error that disables scripts when they contain errors says "Script contain errors" instead of "Script contains errors".
This makes the game unplayable.

The bastard birds that you free from cages should die in one shot, not sure why the hell they take like 3 Uzi shots and not fucking die.

Shuriken don't break glass windows for some reason. That should be changed.
2 x