Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Local 2-Player with 2 Keyboards?

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Mighty Spirit the 2
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Apparently i'm a "Grabber"
SFD Alias: (...) Spirit
Started SFD: September 2017, Alpha v.1.3.4c

Local 2-Player with 2 Keyboards?

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:45 am

Hello, recently i wanted to play the Superfighters Deluxe campaigns with a friend of mine. I was really thrilled to try the local 2 player feature, just like in Superfighters (Flash). However to my disappointment, i plugged in first 2 keyboards, but there was no keyboard #2 to bind the keys to. So when we went into local, i pressed a action on my keyboard, both characters did the same thing (walked, punched, jumped exactly the same..). Then i had to play on another gamepad, but that totally sucked, so i ended up hosting and he joined via Laptop.
When i purchased the game i kind off expected this to be a feature, since this game is designed to be played on keyboards and not controllers. I would have asked about this sooner had i tried the local out before.

Has anybody else managed to get this to work? Do i have to install some software to trick the PC into thinking the 2nd keyboard is a gamepad, and then overlap the keybinding for controller to keyboard? [Edit*seems like i have found something like this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hvoFs_amT8) using keyboard splitter, (will try later) but this seems like quite a bit of work to do especially for younger people...] More importantly will there be an option to play on 2 different keyboards (we already have the option to play on "Xbox gamepad 360 #1 to #4") be added in the future? At least before support ends permanently? I'm sure this is something a lot of the younger audience wants.
0 x
Spirits - Unite

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:17 pm

SFD uses the built in XNA Keyboard API which treats all keyboards as the same keyboard device to my understanding. For local coop you will have to share the same keyboard or use different gamepads.
0 x
Gurt

Mighty Spirit the 2
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Apparently i'm a "Grabber"
SFD Alias: (...) Spirit
Started SFD: September 2017, Alpha v.1.3.4c

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:58 am

Gurt wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:17 pm
SFD uses the built in XNA Keyboard API which treats all keyboards as the same keyboard device to my understanding. For local coop you will have to share the same keyboard or use different gamepads.
That's kind of disappointing to hear. :( I really thought this was going to be a feature. I just thought it was going to be naturally a part of the finished game because it is designed for keyboard play. Maybe you should have pointed that out when the game was first released.
Oh well, guess I'm of to try Keyboard Splitter. :|
0 x
Spirits - Unite