An up-to-date weapon pack that highlights each and every item for convenience.
>> HiLite (COMPLETE) <<
| HiLite (Weapons)
| HiLite (Supplies)
| HiLite (Crosshair)
| HiLite (Language) Features
- Highlighted items!
- A white border on held, dropped or otherwise equipped weapons. Easier to spot on the ground or on your opponents' persons.
- Highlighted magazines easier to notice when enemies reload weapons.
- Primed explosives and special projectiles (arrows / rockets / GL grenades) also highlighted.
- Supply crates given a white border allowing them to be spotted easily in chaotic environments.
- Laser attachment given a border to perfectly fit* all new weapon models.
- All** items customized!
- Modern weapon variants that don't feel out of place! *glares at MP50 and Tommygun*
- Consistent color palette and consistent shading make the pack look neat and tidy.
- Size adjustments - realistic melee weapon sizes, secondaries scaled to be smaller in comparison to primaries, power weapons adjusted to look bigger in comparison to weaker weapon variants, equipment and powerup sizes also tweaked.
- Melee weapon modifications:
- Chainsaw active/inactive sprites have been switched, as suggested here.
- Lead Pipe no longer bends time and swallows light itself; glint introduced.
- Baton and Shock Baton no longer identical models.
- ChainM now a proper pile and not... whatever it was previously.
- WhipM no longer looks like a beehive.
- Knife shrunk down to normal proportions.
- Equipment modifications:
- C4 charge no longer excessively small.
- Shuriken no longer excessively large.
- Powerup modifications:
- LazerM now an actual attachment instead of some box.
- BouncingAmmoM and FireAmmoM now show up as physical rounds.
- All mags have been retextured and fit respective weapons. No more odd-looking weapon/mag combinations.
- Proper pickup names***; none of the "Assault Rifle" or "Light Machinegun" nonsense. Weapons represent their real-life counterparts.
- Supply crates have been streamlined with a uniform color and consistent sprite.
- A circle crosshair.
* Due to the laser sight modification the attachment looks weird on the Bow, the Bazooka and the Flare Gun. Nothing I can fix I'm afraid.
** The pack is 90% complete (44/48 items). It is missing the Slowmo, Speed, and Strength powerup resprites. These powerups are disabled in my games so I will not be modifying them. I might look into those in the future.
*** Custom weapon names make use of a personalized language pack that is required to be installed and selected in the options menu in order for the pickup names to display properly. It was built using the default English language pack, so custom-language users will either have to switch to English [HiLite] or apply the changes to their respective language file(s) manually.
Some changes to default sprite sizes have been made, this means a few weapons will clip through the fighter's legs when held (namely the Chainsaw as by default, the M249 and the AK-74M) or the ground when dropped at a certain angle (Shovel, Shock Baton and Chain). A C4 Charge will slightly clip through the floor if it is laying on the ground upside down. The Laser Sight and ammo powerups will also look weird if flipped; don't let this bother you.
Installing and uninstalling HiLite is done by unpacking/removing the Content folder in/from your Documents SFD directory:
C:\ Users \ YOUR_NAME \ Documents \ Superfighters Deluxe
In order for custom pickup names to be displayed the English [HiLite] language has to be selected from under Settings > Selected Language. The game may need to be restarted in order for the changes to apply properly.
A gameplay video showcasing all the weapons may be recorded at a later date.
- Chain and Baseball Bat sprites inspired by Jacksen's New Storm pack.
- Shovel sprite inspired by @NTN9's Guerilla texture pack.
- Remington 870 and C4 Detonator sprites inspired by @NTN9's Eurocorp texture pack.
- Fireaxe inspired by @StarNord's Modern Fire Axe.
Thanks for downloading, as always, all constructive feedback welcome!