Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Weapon idea: Fire extinguisher

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Alexbra25
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: lucky boy
SFD Account: Alexbra25
SFD Alias: |LPH| Just me
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.6

Weapon idea: Fire extinguisher

Post by Alexbra25 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:23 pm

Well, I guess I'm not the only one who hates fire. Then it could be a weapon that does not cause damage in players, just puts out the fire and it would be simple, would work as the flamethrower but would do the opposite.
Even if you guys dont like it, what do you guys think about a makeshift weapon ?
11 x
Love will tear us apart

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:59 pm

Yeah Alex, this is very util, i hate fire too, but, the extinguisher is a ranged weapon, how this would help us, in team?
0 x
Just me The Predator!

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:23 pm

I think a makeshift weapon would fit best in this case, as an actual weapon that flat-out just stops fire is a little overpowered.
4 x

Powerbombs
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: four dimensional lasagna
SFD Account: Powerbombs
SFD Alias: powerbomb, bomberman
Started SFD: pre alpha 1.2

Post by Powerbombs » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:18 pm

But then we could have a minigame called Firefighters who have to extinguish fires to live, survive breaking buildings, and limited ammo (for the fire extinguisher), which would be fun :)
4 x
#RemoveFlamethrower

Duck
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: gogogadgetkeyboard
SFD Account: Shui
Started SFD: Jul 2013

Post by Duck » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:46 am

it could be a makeshift weapon; you could hit people with it and if you blocked with it, it would blast the extinguisher fluid stuff.
0 x
'<'

Alexbra25
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: lucky boy
SFD Account: Alexbra25
SFD Alias: |LPH| Just me
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.6

Post by Alexbra25 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:25 am

Pricey wrote:I think a makeshift weapon would fit best in this case, as an actual weapon that flat-out just stops fire is a little overpowered.
I agree, extinguisher would be a little OP but ... Flamethrower is very OP. Fire extinguisher would just put fire out of things, but face to face extinguisher loses. Maybe 30 of ammo and a low chance to spawn.
3 x
Love will tear us apart

DanQZ
Fighter
Fighter

Post by DanQZ » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:23 pm

I think it should hit things for 3 attacks, then on the third it explodes and deals splash damage to everybody in front. Alternatively, you could throw it once to have it explode once. It puts out all fire around when it explodes.
1 x

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:00 pm

It would be a cool strategic weapon, very useful in places like the lower area of rooftops, where the carpet there burns forever like hellfire, or useful for putting out the fire on crates, in case you need cover. It doesn't have to *immediately* put out fire, maybe it slowly puts it out, I don't think it would be OP. It could have the same spawn rate as flamethrower.
2 x
Hold your breath.

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:32 pm

I quite like the idea, but I thjink that with the add of a first weapon (or object, idk) of that kind, a new element will be created in the game, and it can affect players directly, affect the map, perhaps push or slow the enemies and if it will leave something on the ground. This element can be used in many other things after it is created, such as in fountains or in an evolution to water in the game.

Another question that I have and should be thought about and elaborated on is, in addition to how this weapon will be articulated (it can be a melee, primary, secondary or makeshift weapon), it is how it will be used. The attack button to use it on melee fights? Or to extinguish the fire with the liquid, as well as the flamethrower?

This idea gives us a lot of questions but that is exactly why I think it has potential.
2 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

psychotherapist
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: psychotherapist
SFD Alias: krameraad
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.8.8

Post by psychotherapist » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:00 pm

I almost like this idea. I think fire extinguishers fit well in the game, and they have the potential to be an interesting weapon. In my opinion, being able to extinguish fires isn't enough as I don't think there would be that many situations where there is lots of fire and you also have a fire extinguisher. You would need both for the extinguishers to have any effect on the match, and there is also the possibility to just roll through the flames.

Maybe add a sort of knockback effect? Make it a reskin of the flamethrower with white particle effects, and when the stream comes in collision with someone, they are put into the stagger state and are forced to move backwards for as long as they remain in it. You could use it to distance yourself from someone in dangerous situations and move people towards edges by walking after someone while shooting and keeping them staggered. Enemies caught in the blast while airborne would become helpless and flail around uncontrollably while falling to the floor. Like the flamethrower, you wouldn't be able to roll out of it.

It would still have its fair share of downsides: literally no damage, short range, you can't push someone of a ledge if there is an object between it and the target, and it would probably have low ammunition (maybe about 25 if it consumes ammo as fast as the flamethrower?), so you still need to stay close to a ledge if you want to push someone off it. The low ammunition makes it fitting for makeshift weapon status as well.

Sorry if it feels like I hijacked your suggestion or anything. Just spewing out ideas as I felt like it could be fleshed out more. You could take this weapon in many directions, which is why I support your idea, with a few changes to make it more useful as a weapon in addition to only as a tool.
0 x

Iliyan
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Enthusiast of SF and SFD
SFD Account: Iliyan
SFD Alias: Iliyan[44]
Started SFD: Carving for it since normal SF

Post by Iliyan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:00 pm

hahaha if it gets implemented it should be similar to the teapot.
0 x

The Redeemer
Fighter
Fighter
Title: The Redeemer
SFD Alias: The Redeemer
Started SFD: ???
Post by The Redeemer » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:37 pm

you should make it so when you spray it on another player it puts out the fire but also slows them down until it melts off them completely also fire extinguishers are air pressured so also they should blow up when shot or damaged enough
0 x

Brine
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Brine » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:50 pm

i have actually made a simular post that included fire extinguisher and i agree only though i believe it should be in the 5th slot instead of a power up.
i mean, its not a weapon and doesnt do damadge so to me it sounds more like a gadget...
0 x

btelchi
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: . . .
SFD Account: @btelchi
SFD Alias: I've got plenty
Started SFD: PreAlpha
Post by btelchi » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:26 am

I like the idea, altho i think it shoud be a makeshift weapon, which you will be able to put onto a level in Level Editor. Also, maybe shooting it, will make it explode dealing damage and of course extinguishing all the fire near it?
0 x
Join our agency today. Copy AAT ayy
https://discord.gg/rB3GgCt
America is a tune, it must be sung together.

JBT
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: JBT

Post by JBT » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:01 pm

I think it would be better as a gadget or slot 3 weapon because it would also serve as a knockback tool. A fire extinguisher in real life is very powerful so I think this would serve as an item to both put out fires, but also to spray as an enemy similar to the flamethrower, but less damage and more crowd control
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Morpheus
Fighter
Fighter
Title: No Spoon?
SFD Account: Morpheus
SFD Alias: Morpheus
Started SFD: Web Version

Post by Morpheus » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:04 pm

This is a Great Suggestion, I think the devs should look at this. This should be a makeshift weapon.You can like find Fire extinguishers in some places on the map like in walls
Like this.

There would be a satisfactory amount of CO2 in the tank and I don't think they should have a spawn floating out down from the air.
It should have a chance of being fixed on walls or stuff in different places.It would spawn somewhere at the start of a round. There would have to be glass you would have to break in order to take it out and use it.
Still no sure how you would use it on yourself, maybe you'll need a teammate to assist you in extinguishing your
fire or theirs. It should take about 5- 10 seconds to put a fire out.
0 x
Physics, is the real red pill.

xdhoomy12x
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: xdhoomy12x
Started SFD: 1.3.3

Post by xdhoomy12x » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:25 am

make a fireproof for teammate and and slowmoving for UNteammate
0 x