Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

[GUIDE] How to Manually Port-Forward SFD

Having trouble running SFD? This is the place to get help and report errors.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Re: Manually Port-Forwarding SFD

Post by KliPeH » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:29 pm

Billy wrote:just one question, how to find out which port is used by anything, and which ports are allowed to use?
Generally most games use different ports and port UDP/TCP combinations. You can refer to (quite a long) list of games here. If it doesn't have your game just google "[your game] port" and it should find what you're looking for.
Tearum wrote:When i click to host a game and i start my server its okay and the port forwarding is also okay.
But nobody can join. Its on public game and there is 7 free slots and there isnt any bug or crash.
And the game is on the firewall list so the firewall dont block it.
If the automatic port forwarding succeeds you should probably be able to host without going through the manual process. The manual thing is there when it doesn't work and needs to be fixed by you. Sometimes there just aren't enough people playing/in your area who are willing to play and join your server. Keep waiting. If you wait over 20 minutes and nobody joins perhaps it's time to close the game and try later, or switch to the manual method.

If you wanna forward the port yourself disable the "Try automatic port forwarding" option from the settings menu and follow the steps in this tutorial. If you get stuck post where (and why) and we'll try to go through it together.
0 x

Tearum
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Tearum » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:46 am

No this is not a problem.
I asked Evilsack to try to join. But it just counted up to 8. when we played together before this problem he had good ping without lags. And i live in middle europe with the best net connection.
When i could host it needs just maximum 10 SECONDS to wait and more than 5 people joined. And yes i tried to wait one hour but nobody joined.
In my opinion i dont need to forward the port because its okay there is nothing problem with it.

Iam so upset...i miss the game so much and other servers arent good enough...bad maps and etc... except some.
0 x
The end means that something begin.

Tea

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:50 pm

Which port is SFD using?
I searced the whole list of games, and [Game] Port doesn't give relevant results.
0 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:42 pm

Billy wrote:Which port is SFD using?
I searced the whole list of games, and [Game] Port doesn't give relevant results.
You'd know if you bothered to read the tutorial.
0 x

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Billy » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:17 pm

I read the totorial, but that didnt help, cause i use a programm to port-forward.
I figured out that there is a very well hidden button that is called "connect".
After i pressed it, there appered some text in the program output window:

► Show Spoiler
PS.: i got two spaces to fill with ports: internal and external port
PPS.: i AM connected to my router
0 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!

Wolf
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Alpha Wolf
SFD Alias: Wolf
Started SFD: October 28/2015 (I think)

Post by Wolf » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:45 pm

Just to clear everything up (cause this confused me at first... and the second and third times. :D )

So in order to manually port forward, which is required to host a game, you have to access your router settings. To do this, enter your default gateway address into the address bar. You will be asked to login, and if you don't know the username/password, root on your router for a sticker with them on it, or just call your internet service provider. Next, go to the tab, or the section that contains the tab, labelled "Port Forwarding". Beware, different routers call this tab different things, so just look for a tab that looks similar (ie. with the word "forwarding"). Once there, you should find a list. click the button that lets you add a new rule/item to the list. This will open up a window with lots of blank spaces. Choose anything you want for application name. For protocol, select TCP/UPD (both, not one or the other. In the port range section, type 52233 for both fields (if you have private and public ranges, use same number in both). As for your local IP address, add 10 to the last digit of your default gateway number (ie. if you default gateway is 192.168.1.1, your local IP is 192.168.1.11). Save this, and then you should be done.
By the way, if you don't know how to get default gateway number, all you have to do is press the windows key and "r". This opens up the run box, in it type "cmd". a black window with white text will appear. In that, type "ipconfig". A list of thigns should appear, look for default gateway. It should be there, as well as your local IP address. If you have any questions, PM me.

Happy hosting! :mrgreen:
1 x
(งಠಠ)ง COME AT MEH BOI (/ಠᴥಠ)/

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:47 am

Wolf wrote:As for your local IP address, add 10 to the last digit of your default gateway number (ie. if you default gateway is 192.168.1.1, your local IP is 192.168.1.11).
This part isn't true. The default gateway and the IPv4 address don't necessarily have a correlation between them. The last number in my personal default gateway address was 38, yet my IPv4 address always ended with numbers from 1 to 3. Other than that, short and to the point; I like it. If you've got any tips on how to make the tutorial less confusing let me know.
0 x

Assasine
Meatbag
SFD Account: Assasine
SFD Alias: Assassin
Started SFD: 2014

Post by Assasine » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:56 pm

the username and password not working my router is Thomson78EB74

Added in 7 minutes 56 seconds:
im using wifi
0 x

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:56 am

Assasine wrote:the username and password not working my router is Thomson78EB74

Added in 7 minutes 56 seconds:
im using wifi
Do you even have access to the panel? I don't know how this works with laptops/mobile devices and a WiFi connection.

I can't even find your router, not on the website I linked nor by Googling it; you either misspelled the model number or it's some obscure router model I couldn't possibly hope to help you with.
0 x

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Billy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:20 pm

well i finally found out the password, but there is no "IP" space, just "LAN IP" i tried it out but it doesnt seem to work...
0 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:32 pm

Can you please help me. I was able to get this to work before. However, my laptop broke and when i got it fixed everything got reset and now it doesnt work. I feel like ive tried everything. Please help.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Idotzoar66
Meatbag
SFD Account: Idotzoar66

Post by Idotzoar66 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:30 pm

Here's a picture of my entry : http://prntscr.com/elggmm

I think I did it perfectly fine. I use a D-Link router. I tried to enter my own server when I hosted it from the SFDServer program but the connection timed out after like 9-10 attempts. I think my server is still not visible.. or accessible to others, what am I doing wrong?
0 x

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:58 pm

Idotzoar66 wrote:Here's a picture of my entry : http://prntscr.com/elggmm

I think I did it perfectly fine. I use a D-Link router. I tried to enter my own server when I hosted it from the SFDServer program but the connection timed out after like 9-10 attempts. I think my server is still not visible.. or accessible to others, what am I doing wrong?
When setting up a port forwarding entry, go through the WAN Interface options (third column from last). Select a different interface, I believe it should be the "newest" one. I've ran into the same issue with your router, that should solve it.

Here's what it looks like:
http://imgur.com/L3nNlc6.png

EDIT: After looking at your image, there's another thing you need to fix. The asked IP address is NOT the one you used to log into the panel. It's your IPv4 address. I deliberately said that in my thread so people pay attention to that. Repeat step 5. The first number here is the one you use, not the last one. It's very unlikely both are the same, if that's even possible, so make sure you do this right.
0 x

Idotzoar66
Meatbag

Post by Idotzoar66 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:09 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Idotzoar66 wrote:Here's a picture of my entry : http://prntscr.com/elggmm

When setting up a port forwarding entry, go through the WAN Interface options (third column from last). Select a different interface, I believe it should be the "newest" one. I've ran into the same issue with your router, that should solve it.

Here's what it looks like:
http://imgur.com/L3nNlc6.png

EDIT: After looking at your image, there's another thing you need to fix. The asked IP address is NOT the one you used to log into the panel. It's your IPv4 address. I deliberately said that in my thread so people pay attention to that. Repeat step 5. The first number here is the one you use, not the last one. It's very unlikely both are the same, if that's even possible, so make sure you do this right.
About the address, I tried the the first number but before that I had some problem with an "invalid session key" or whatever. The problem somehow, magically fixed itself after a while so I thought it was because I used the other IP. Well, I guess that wasn't the case.
Now, to the real problem, I have no idea what that "use interface" is all about and I have 4 options and I think this is what is causing the issue for me. In the marked quote from above according to you, is that what you were talking about? http://prntscr.com/elku17
0 x

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:29 pm

Idotzoar66 wrote:About the address, I tried the the first number but before that I had some problem with an "invalid session key" or whatever.
You get an "invalid session key" error whenever you spend too long outside of the server panel tab. It's there to log you out automatically dealing with people who forget to do so themselves and have their credentials "accidentally" stolen.
Idotzoar66 wrote:Now, to the real problem, I have no idea what that "use interface" is all about and I have 4 options and I think this is what is causing the issue for me. In the marked quote from above according to you, is that what you were talking about? http://prntscr.com/elku17
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. From the screenshot I sent you can see I'm using the highlighted 1.1 one. The only way to know for sure is simply use it and then host a game with the new entry. If it doesn't work try the others.

Don't forget to correct the IP address in your entry. It won't work if you don't.
0 x

Idotzoar66
Meatbag

Post by Idotzoar66 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:20 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Idotzoar66 wrote:About the address, I tried the the first number but before that I had some problem with an "invalid session key" or whatever.
You get an "invalid session key" error whenever you spend too long outside of the server panel tab. It's there to log you out automatically dealing with people who forget to do so themselves and have their credentials "accidentally" stolen.
Idotzoar66 wrote:Now, to the real problem, I have no idea what that "use interface" is all about and I have 4 options and I think this is what is causing the issue for me. In the marked quote from above according to you, is that what you were talking about? http://prntscr.com/elku17
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. From the screenshot I sent you can see I'm using the highlighted 1.1 one. The only way to know for sure is simply use it and then host a game with the new entry. If it doesn't work try the others.

Don't forget to correct the IP address in your entry. It won't work if you don't.
Check this out : http://prntscr.com/elttja
I simply made four entries, each differs with the use interface. Do you think it will work for me that way, or having multiple entries breaks the whole thing? In the worst case, I'll just check each use face one by one.
Another problem I might have is.. I start my server via SFDServer, I see my hosted game in the servers list but when I try to enter it, the connection times out. Is it because I am the owner and I cannot exactly enter my own server, or is it still not working? If you have any spare time, please try to connect to "Custom maps rotation!" please, I don't know if I even count for it so I can't even tell if I can test whether it is working or not..
0 x

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:05 pm

Idotzoar66 wrote:Check this out : http://prntscr.com/elttja
I simply made four entries, each differs with the use interface. Do you think it will work for me that way, or having multiple entries breaks the whole thing? In the worst case, I'll just check each use face one by one.
Another problem I might have is.. I start my server via SFDServer, I see my hosted game in the servers list but when I try to enter it, the connection times out. Is it because I am the owner and I cannot exactly enter my own server, or is it still not working? If you have any spare time, please try to connect to "Custom maps rotation!" please, I don't know if I even count for it so I can't even tell if I can test whether it is working or not..
There's no need to complicate things. Remove the other entries and leave the 1.1 one up by itself. They might be clashing with one another. Also try hosting a game manually, rather than using the dedicated software straight away. I tried joining "Custom maps rotation!" and timed out. Ensure the IPv4 address you're using is the correct one by going over step 5 again, just because it's mine and we're using the same router brand does not mean we'll be using the same numbers. Mine is custom, which I've configured to stay static. Your IPv4 address can change every time you restart your computer so it's preferable you both check it and try to host a game with it in the same play session.
1 x

Idotzoar66
Meatbag

Post by Idotzoar66 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:56 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Idotzoar66 wrote:Check this out : http://prntscr.com/elttja
There's no need to complicate things. Remove the other entries and leave the 1.1 one up by itself. They might be clashing. Also try hosting a game manually, rather than using the dedicated software straight away. I tried joining "Custom maps rotation!" and timed out. Ensure the IPv4 address you're using is the correct one by going over step 5 again, just because it's mine and we're using the same router brand does not mean we'll have the same numbers. Mine is custom, which I've configured to stay static. Your IPv4 address can change every time you restart your computer so it's preferable you both check it and try to host a game with it in the same session.
http://prntscr.com/elusvu

I have gone over it several times, it's the same address even if I restart my computer. Is it possible that I have a static IP despite not doing anything about it?

EDIT: Hosting a server with only 1 entry and not via the dedicated program just as you instructed me to. Please try to join my server again
0 x

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:21 pm

Idotzoar66 wrote:http://prntscr.com/elusvu

I have gone over it several times, it's the same address even if I restart my computer. Is it possible that I have a static IP despite not doing anything about it?

EDIT: Hosting a server with only 1 entry and not via the dedicated program just as you instructed me to. Please try to join my server again
1) Make sure automatic port forwarding has been disabled in the settings menu.
2) Try disabling the IPv6 method.
0 x

Idotzoar66
Meatbag

Post by Idotzoar66 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:47 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Idotzoar66 wrote:http://prntscr.com/elusvu

1) Make sure automatic port forwarding has been disabled in the settings menu.
2) Try disabling the IPv6 method.
Automatic port forwarding is disabled
About disabling the IPv6 method, I downloaded the first one which's name was simply Disable IPv6 and the troubleshooter told me it fixed the problem. Should I restart my computer or something?
0 x