Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

VideoGame Discussion Thread

Here you can discuss other games by MythoLogic Interactive.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Kamikaze
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Clan Spetsnaz
SFD Account: SPZKamikaze
SFD Alias: Kabbit/CerealGuy/Karl Ruprecht
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.2.1 , August 2013

VideoGame Discussion Thread

Post by Kamikaze » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:47 pm

Hey Guys
this topic as it says about video games
and some consoles, no matter if the game is good or bad
Share your favorites or bad games and believes that

I make this thread because I sometimes get bored of playing the same games and want to find other games

I share these PC games :

Papers Please
https://youtu.be/_QP5X6fcukM

a game that changes as you're playing. One moment you're given to a simulation of the official who, for a second, he softens the heart and the next you are looking for hidden clues, like a puzzle game is involved.

VVVVVV

VVVVVV is ... great. It is a game where reverse gravity, you journey through the cosmos, are looking bright trinkets, and saved the day. In addition, the soundtrack composed by Souleye is impressive.

Fez
https://youtu.be/tfpKTclOnfI
After a tortuous development over five years, the 2D / 3D FEZ genius is finally among us. Do not be fooled by her innocent retro look or the supposed simplicity of the gameplay, because this title conceals a whole labyrinthine puzleriana beast and challenging development.

Cave Story
Really Really Really Good Game!

Considered by many the greatest exponent of independent games. A classic adventure, with multiple endings, weapons, pixelated graphics and spectacular.

Osmos
The goal is to absorb cells to become the largest. While most are neutral and float passively, some have a high degree of autonomy, may flee or absorb other aggressive purposes.

Castle Crashers
https://youtu.be/BsLHvg93bX4

Mari0

Combine the classic Super Mario Bros Nintendo and Valve Portal gives results in this entertaining game with the ability to play in coop, level editor, downloadable maps and 33 different hats so !.

now only'll put a list Note already tired of writing

Hotline Miami , 2

The Binding Of Isaac

Dont Starve

Limbo

Medal of Honor

Terraria

Intrusion 2

The Plan : Other Game Cool

McPixel : I like so much the game Pixels :D

These are my favorite games pondre After bad in my opinion, I am that I missed too many really good video games

Good Bye And So Sorry For My English. :D :lol:
1 x
8-) :ugeek: Clan Spetsnaz!

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:45 pm

Off Topic
Alright, I'll go first. Hopefully I can set the tone of the thread to be more discussion based rather than yet another dump where people post lists of games nobody really cares about. I suggest you either add a description to each of the games you listed or remove them altogether to have the thread truly revolve around discussion.
__________________________________________________________________ Enter the Gungeon

Developer: Dodge Roll
                                                  Publisher: Revolver Digital
                                                  Release date: 2016
                                                  Genre: Roguelite bullet-hell dungeon-crawler
                                                  Price: $14.99 [Steam] __________________________________________________________________ Buying Enter the Gungeon has been entirely up to luck, but oh boy am I glad I ended up getting it. I've been eyeing the game for quite a while but it never went on a big sale, so when it did eventually go on a 40%-off deal I asked our Discord bot whether I should buy it, to which it replied with a definitive "Yes". I've been hooked ever since, easily clocking over 50 hours into it and beating the game with half of all characters in the roster.

EtG is a Roguelite dungeon crawler made by Dodge Roll and published by Revolver Digital. Its story tells of the "Gungeon", a giant bullet that fell from the sky and has since been rebuilt into a massive fortress by its unique inhabitants. Many adventurers around the galaxy descended the Gungeon in hopes of finding a gun like no other, the one gun desired by all - the gun that can kill the past. It is now your turn to attempt to do the same, and you do so by taking control of one of 4 characters available to you from the get-go - Convict, Pilot, Marine and Huntress.

I suppose the best comparison to make when talking about EtG is to Binding of Isaac, which is considered by many to be the Roguelite game to rule them all. EtG is like BoI, but with guns instead of tears; it has a random placement of hand-built rooms which in turn generates 5 floors worth of dungeon to explore, each ending in a boss needed to be beaten in order to advance to the next level. Secret floors are a thing, as are secret rooms, discovered by using Blanks - the equivalent of bombs in BoI. Unlike bombs, though, Blanks are extremely rare and 2 of them will always be regenerated on each new floor. As such, using them wisely is crucial to surviving in the depths of the Gungeon, which quickly turns its somewhat-calm environment into an intense twin-stick bullet-hell shooter. Blanks are also used to momentarily push enemies away and remove all projectiles on screen (of which there will be many). Blanks are one means of dealing with bullets, with another being your dodgeroll - a move that can be executed by every character to give them brief invulnerability used to dodge gunfire. This dodgeroll also functions as a "jump" move and can be used to traverse pits, acid, fires and other obstacles in your way. Finally, the last means of dealing with enemy fire is flipping tables - dynamic cover that spawns inside the various rooms and can be applied, moved and broken accordingly.

So, what about guns? Well, let's say there are a LOT of them, and not only in the form of usable items. The game's whole theme is essentially guns; the UI elements are related to guns (your health is represented by shotgun shells, for crying out loud), the characters and most of their items are guns or gun-related, the currency is bullet casings, the enemies are gun components (bullets for the most part), the bosses use guns and are cleverly named (punned?) after various weapons and ammo, the Gungeon itself has many gun-related structures in it (the elevators are bullets!), and much much more I can't even begin to remember. Speaking of items, did you know there were guns? Like, tons of them. Of various shapes and sizes, too; some of them shoot fish from barrels, some shoot paper airplanes, some shoot black holes or ice cubes, some even just shoot plain letters! You name it, we have it. In all seriousness, the gun variety is ridiculously high, and weapons come with different magazine sizes, ammo types, status effects, rates of fire and damage etc. The best part is, you can carry an infinite amount of them, although amassing a decent collection can prove to be quite difficult at times. You can also carry an infinite amount of passive items, among those are that which increase fire rate, or accuracy, or movement speed, or turn all equipment chest hostile and make them attack you if you try to open them. Active items exist too, and they act the same way they are used in Isaac - a single (unless capacity increased with a passive item) spacebar item which has a unique function and recharges while clearing rooms of hostile mobs. Their uses range from temporarily buffing damage/firerate to briefly stopping time, or making all explosives in sight explode at once, or granting you the ability to fly at the cost of your dodgeroll. All of these can be obtained by buying from various shops and merchants that spawn on each floor, item chests that are unlocked with keys (rarely dropped after a room is cleared), or a drop from a final boss battle.

Speaking of merchants and progression, similarly to BoI, the main form of progression in-game focuses on items rather than characters. As you explore the Gungeon you find various caged NPCs. When rescued they return to the Breach, the main character selection hub, from which they can then be talked to and asked to set up shop in the Gungeon for you to buy items at in different character runs. Most items are put into the item spawn pool only if they're bought from the Breach first, though, with currency called Hegemony Credits. This currency is dropped by bosses and is required to unlock most midgame/endgame items. Hegemony Credits buy you both guns and passive/active items, and can be used in 3 different shops that unlock differently themed items. The currency has other uses too, but I won't spoil them here. Once you unlock better items the item pool is expanded with better equipment that lets you deal with threats more easily, and progress even further on your next run.

All in all it's a very fun game and I've enjoyed it thoroughly so far. I think I touched on most aspects of the game in this post, so if you like what you read be sure to give it a try. EtG is the game I've been playing for the past few weeks almost exclusively, and I haven't even got bored of it yet. The sheer variety in the weapon arsenal and the decent skill ceiling are what make this game so satisfying to play in my opinion. I legitimately rarely see the same item or weapon twice, especially since the upgrades and unlocks just keep on coming as I beat more and more bosses to an absolute pulp. Once that stops I'll probably stop playing, but till then I'll keep enjoying myself even when the RNG screws me over. I mean, permadeath, bad pickup spawn timing and the occasional bad loot are a nature of games such as this one, so if you like just that this game might be right up your alley. Feel free to pirate it to see what's playing it feels like, but I wholeheartedly recommend you buy it to support its creators even if it means waiting a few months for a good sale just like I did.
__________________________________________________________________ EDIT: Oh yeah, the discussion part. Well, I've provided some info, so feel free to ask questions or discuss the game's mechanics here. I really like the addition of a reliable means to counter/negate damage and deal damage of your own in a game like this one, AKA the dodgeroll. Not enough games give you this much "freedom", forcing you to solely rely on plinking away at enemies with a bad starter weapon until you find a better one. The dodgeroll damages and pushes enemies around and makes the whole run feel more dynamic and active. Combine this with explosive barrels sprinkled around the level, tables used to create dynamic cover, traps, pits and barrels filled with dangerous substances, and you get a very diverse game, almost tactical even, where you can take enemies down in various fun and interesting ways. Character setups are also unique and suit different playstyles fairly well - whether it's an aggressive "guns blazing" type of character who descends the Gungeon already equipped and ready for battle, or an ill-equipped jack-of-all-trades character ready to exploit the Gungeon for all its loot and thrives on items they find along the way.
2 x

Zyfex
SFD Q.A. Tester
SFD Q.A. Tester
Title: point collectin'
SFD Alias: Khnight
Started SFD: forever

Post by Zyfex » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:26 am

towerclimbs pretty good maybe
1 x
but in reality

Powerbombs
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: four dimensional lasagna
SFD Account: Powerbombs
SFD Alias: powerbomb, bomberman
Started SFD: pre alpha 1.2

Post by Powerbombs » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:10 am

I think CS:GO is good, but the amount of hackers and smurfs are 1/3 of the community, especially toxic players, and the 9 year olds... yeah too many problems with that game.

I'll just go with Terraria, or maybe even the older days of ROBLOX? maybe...
1 x
#RemoveFlamethrower

Sol
Fighter
Fighter
Post by Sol » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:10 pm

I've been going to Chicago every other weekend to Play Tekken 7. The presentation is beautiful, the music is eargasmic as it's ever been and the gameplay is solid. Not a fan of Lucky Chloe though, I'd rather have my boy Eddy back...

This fandom is burning a searing hole in my pocket.
2 x

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:40 am

I play some Mount & Blade, but dont think i am that good at it. space engineers is s great game too, but i am not very active at the moment.
0 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:46 am

I've been hooked on Brawlhalla recently.
0 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:54 am

The game I wanna discuss here is : *du dum dum tss*

Barbarian Onslaught: The Secret of Steel

This game is made by Gurt and Hjärpe. The graphics are 100% Hjärpe guaranteed, adn the gamplay is powered by Gurt's awesome wiew of game scripting. At the beginning it seems boring. It is the training part. After a couple of leves it begins to be very interesting and hard. The bosses are unique and their skills are very different. This is not just "press the buton and kill all the enemies", you have to sue your brain to defeat the bosses. Give it a try. And play more than 5 levels and you'll see.
2 x

Zyfex
SFD Q.A. Tester
SFD Q.A. Tester
Title: point collectin'
SFD Alias: Khnight
Started SFD: forever

Post by Zyfex » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:42 am

https://youtu.be/KJxrYo4H3qI

samurai gunn can be pretty fun if you have friends like mine :)
2 x
but in reality

Taikairama
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: j ok da I'm da iad ok da I'll
Started SFD: 1.6.0 maybe

Post by Taikairama » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:06 am

Heya men try this ones i think these games are pretty good:

-LISA

-Crypt of The Necrodancer (you can play it on apple idk if you can on android)

-Downwell (you can play it on android and apple
0 x
Rubber wrote:also paywalls remove toxic players

Esper
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: In vainglory they arose, kinda
SFD Alias: Esper, Bachhal, Famfrit...
Started SFD: Pre-alpha 1.7.6c

Post by Esper » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:56 pm

Chroma Squad is a great example of a RPG, should check it out.
0 x
Inserting the most notorious, stupid and insulting thread where admins won't charge you for almost anything.

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:28 pm

Just finished a playthrough of dishonored Low chaos, didn't kill anyone, or get seen. Hard as fuck, worth it tho.
0 x

Rhodes
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: I am Rhodes!
SFD Account: Rhodes
SFD Alias: Rhodes

Post by Rhodes » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:28 am

I <3 minecraft, and of course sfd.
0 x
IF YOU PLAY SFD I'M COMING AFTER YOU!!

Dumby Eggy
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: Huevon NEO
SFD Alias: Huevon SFD
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.8

Post by Dumby Eggy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:09 am

Gears of war saga it's a really nice game (except judgment). I like the story of it, how 2 world wars attacked the humans in only 5 years, but specially, playing it online.

But SFD it's still ok for me :)
0 x
HINT: You will not surprise me if you are good with snipers and magnums and katanas; but I will give my respect for someone who is a weapon-master. So don't wait any cheer marksmen...8-)

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey

Post by Pricey » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:50 am

Inspired by KliPeH's post of the same nature.
Hotline Miami

Released: 2012
Developed by: Dennaton Games
Published by: Devolver Digital
Metacritic Score: 85

Hotline Miami is a brutal top-down, bullet hell shooter in which the player plays as Jacket; a mysterious character who dons masks which give him different abilities. Little information about Jacket is known and next to nothing is revealed in the first game's story, although more information is revealed in it's sequel Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number. I cannot give away what happens in the story as it is extremely fundamental to the enjoyment of the game. You get fully immersed in the somewhat mysterious individuals that make up this game.

The game has a wide collection of scenes (15 in total, not including the unlockable ones) and most of them will require skill and strategy to pass through, not to mention playing through them countless times in order to get that A+ rank. The game also has a variety of weapons available to use my the player, namely throwables and different melee weapons, although guns are also very important. Weapons as such can be unlocked by progressing through the game as racking up a certain number of points to unlock each weapon. A guide on the weapons can be found here, however, potential spoilers may occur if you click this link (I advise only clicking this link if you want a small walkthrough on the weapons, not to find out what weapons are unlockable).

One of the things that makes this game what it is are the wide array of masks available to choose from (again, a guide can be found here, spoilers may occur here, too). You start off as Richard, a rooster who has no special abilties, the same rooster can be found in the banner at the top of this post; along with Don Juan to the left and Rasmus to the right, these are unlocked by just playing through the game. However, some masks require special tasks to be completed in order to be unlocked, for example, some masks are hidden throughout levels, such as Carl or Charlie, which require the player to find them whilst playing. The game also has puzzle pieces hidden within the levels, which look like little purple squares (these become more visible when playing as Rasmus), upon completing the puzzle, you unlock a secret ending for the game, which reveals a little more background to the story and ending.

The final thing that makes this game what it is is it's outstanding soundtrack, never have I played a game in which I was so impressed with the soundtrack, I have the entire soundtrack from both games on .mp3 and regularly listen to it outside of the game. The OST is composed by the following artists (both games are included):
► Show Spoiler
Overall this game is an amazing playthrough that is well worth your time, it only takes around 7-8 hours to complete but another 20-50 hours depending on your skill level to get all the achievements for the game, I strongly suggest buying this game even if it isn't on sale, this is probably one of my favourite games I've ever played. 9.4/10.
1 x

johnniewalk
Meatbag

Post by johnniewalk » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:16 pm

Super Mario is my favorites and bad game Contra game
0 x

kazy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Brawler
SFD Account: kazy
SFD Alias: kazy
Started SFD: December 2012

Post by kazy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:15 pm

Fallout: New Vegas

Not like your ordinary type shooter game. You can spend countless hours interacting with NPCs across the mojave desert to get lost in side quests, complete favors or become the most hated courier known to humankind. The only downside is that you can't hurt the kids in the game.
1 x
Gurt wrote:I think I have always seen someone comment about how bad each and every update is. :D