Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Unavoidable smash.

All reported bugs that's actually by design.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Unavoidable smash.

Post by mgtr14 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:50 pm

Since the stun time after being hit is long enough, the player barely has enough time to roll, and jump up right after that and land a smash that you can't block nor avoid.

Put on slomo trough server commands and try doing that, Punch, roll and jump up and smash, everything done fast. And then try doing this WITHOUT slomo. It is possible.
Last edited by mgtr14 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Shut up bitch!!

Creeper
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: okokok is real #1
SFD Account: Krypa
SFD Alias: Krypa
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.6

Post by Creeper » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:35 am

There is nofing wrong with this. You all the time get a Speed boost when you activate the slomo powerup.
So there is nofing what to talk about. But if the slomo was a command it means there is a problem possibly.
0 x

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by mgtr14 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:07 am

Creeper wrote:There is nofing wrong with this. You all the time get a Speed boost when you activate the slomo powerup.
So there is nofing what to talk about. But if the slomo was a command it means there is a problem possibly.
I forgot to mention that this doesn't require slomo, and i was talking about slowing down time trough commands, not powerups.
This can be done in normal speed on a completely normal game. Just way easier to do in slomo.
0 x
Shut up bitch!!

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:21 am

Yeah, he's right, it's much easier to do in slomo. That said, doing this in a normal game is sooo difficult! The window is incredibly tight, as any moment the opponent slips out of hitstun, they can block the rising hit. I'd say it's fine.
0 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by mgtr14 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:27 am

Lunatic wrote:Yeah, he's right, it's much easier to do in slomo. That said, doing this in a normal game is sooo difficult! The window is incredibly tight, as any moment the opponent slips out of hitstun, they can block the rising hit. I'd say it's fine.
Hey now, it isn't THAT hard. I can do it regurlarly if i concentrate a bit more.
0 x
Shut up bitch!!

Scarface
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by Scarface » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:09 pm

I think I have a solution for this: when player does a full 3-punch combo, there is a 0,5 sec. cooldown for diving and rolling.
0 x
Decisions, decisions.

Ultimate
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Ultimate » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:39 pm

Scarface wrote:I think I have a solution for this: when player does a full 3-punch combo, there is a 0,5 sec. cooldown for diving and rolling.

how about get better and stop suggesting cooldowns to every move the player makes
*stop suggesting as in general not just you don't take this personally*
1 x

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by mgtr14 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:25 pm

Scarface wrote:I think I have a solution for this: when player does a full 3-punch combo, there is a 0,5 sec. cooldown for diving and rolling.
This has nothing to do with the 3 punch combo, you can just punch, roll and jump up with a smash. And as ultimate said, its very fucking bad to just keep adding cooldowns.
0 x
Shut up bitch!!

Scarface
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by Scarface » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:14 pm

Oh, I thought you were talking about 3 punch combo stun. Then, I have nothing more to contribute to this topic. Personally, I have never encountered this problem myself. The stun time is so small that you can easily block if your opponent doesn't have slomo.
0 x
Decisions, decisions.

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:56 pm

I hate everyone's negative attitudes towards things, but they do have a point. When you nerf everything into the ground and add a ton of cooldowns to everything you hurt the game. SFD has enough cooldowns; let's try not to add any in places they aren't necessary.
2 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

Zyfex
SFD Q.A. Tester
SFD Q.A. Tester
Title: point collectin'
SFD Alias: Khnight
Started SFD: forever

Post by Zyfex » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:15 am

it is very blockable tho. with maybe 10 minutes of testing alongside wozenkouza, it is blockable (even during their slomo), but most players just don't press block twice in a row
1 x
but in reality

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by mgtr14 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:45 am

Zyfex wrote:it is very blockable tho. with maybe 10 minutes of testing alongside wozenkouza, it is blockable (even during their slomo), but most players just don't press block twice in a row
Yeah, if you block the first punch then MAYBE you can block the incoming smash, but i've done this myself and hit players with my smash AFTER they're done blocking.
Also, I'm pretty sure you can't block THAT fast, do it quicker. Your opponent should only be able to block ONCE during the move. Remember to do all of those moves infront of your opponent the entire time, no need to roll behind him or anything, just roll a very short distance before jumping up with a smash.
0 x
Shut up bitch!!

Zyfex
SFD Q.A. Tester
SFD Q.A. Tester
Title: point collectin'
SFD Alias: Khnight
Started SFD: forever

Post by Zyfex » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:07 pm

https://youtu.be/JLsdSkWWRk4

this is as fast as you can perform this tactic without outright crouching every time. as you can see, wozenkouza, the client, can block the standard hit then the roll hit every time
2 x
but in reality

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:43 pm

I just want to clarify that this move is very valid. If you happen to get in a hit that's fine but after jumping you need to land. And while in the air you can't attack again. And when you land you will be forced to crouch for a short moment (if you land from where you started). I would say there's plenty of time for the opponent to adapt and maybe even hit you for free.
3 x
Gurt

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by mgtr14 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:56 pm

Gurt wrote:I just want to clarify that this move is very valid. If you happen to get in a hit that's fine but after jumping you need to land. And while in the air you can't attack again. And when you land you will be forced to crouch for a short moment (if you land from where you started). I would say there's plenty of time for the opponent to adapt and maybe even hit you for free.
Most of the time there will be higher ground that you can land on, and if you do the move correctly all the way and land as far away as possible, when he coems in for a punch you can block right after you stop crouching.
0 x
Shut up bitch!!

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:24 pm

@Zyfex I'm pretty sure you can do it faster, but you have to cancel the attack probably 1 frame after the melee weapon hitbox activates (which is possible), so it's really hard. Let's call it an advanced technique, I don't think it should be "fixed" or anything.
1 x
Hold your breath.

Wozenbelt
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: MASTER OF MOVEMENT
SFD Alias: (LM) Wozenbelt
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.1

Post by Wozenbelt » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:05 pm

Splinter wrote:@Zyfex I'm pretty sure you can do it faster, but you have to cancel the attack probably 1 frame after the melee weapon hitbox activates (which is possible), so it's really hard. Let's call it an advanced technique, I don't think it should be "fixed" or anything.
Interesting idea, but I think you should show us it being done faster so that we can see.
2 x
i got wozen fever

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:42 pm

Ok, here it is, with and without using slowmo:
http://www.youtu.be/ax18C0wK0kw

Notice that the CPU remains in the stun animation the whole time. It took me several tries though, otherwise it can be blocked.
2 x
Hold your breath.

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by mgtr14 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:48 pm

Now that i think about it, the only thing i want for a fix for this move, is that this is impossible to do without using the slomo powerup, i'm going to make a suggestion for this.
1 x
Shut up bitch!!

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:44 am

Pls dont "fix" it, its that hard and there should be some advanced combos, which stay in game to make skill more rewarding
1 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...