Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

[DONE] Planned feature: C4

Here you can see some of our planned features for Superfighters Deluxe.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

[DONE] Planned feature: C4

Post by Hjarpe » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:34 pm

The C4 will be a remote-detonated bomb.

-You will only be able to carry one at a time.
-After throwing the C4 you will have the detonator in your hand / thrown slot. With the detonator drawn, pressing the attack button detonates the C4.
-If you are disarmed of the C4, the detonator will go with it.
-If you die while carrying the detonator or if someone disarms you, others can pick it up and use it.
-Like mines and grenades, C4 will also explode when shot.
8 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Kawabanga
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Epic fails amateur.
SFD Alias: My name is Kawa-bbanggza!!
Started SFD: Late 2015
Post by Kawabanga » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:06 pm

C4 <3
Only if it gets spectacular in use as it was in COD, Im gonna abuse with it :].
0 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:08 am

Yes , this is good idea , in the folder of sfd i saw C4's & C4's detonator texture , waiting for this!
2 x
-Content-maker.

TimeWorker
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: TiME TrAVleR
SFD Alias: ClockWorker
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.2.1

Post by TimeWorker » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:24 am

i rly dont know too much about weapons but from years i was thinking that C4 is a gun .I am a fool x)
Last edited by KliPeH on Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Triple quotes removed.
1 x
DoNt FoRgEt WhAT TiME It IS!!!![/fade][/color][/shadow]

Antwan
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Fighter (SPZ)
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Antwan » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:59 pm

TiMEWoRKER wrote:i rly dont know too much about weapons but from years i was thinking that C4 is a gun .I am a fool x)
I thought it was a type of helicopter.... :lol: :o
1 x
When I'm coming,YOU MOVE!!!!!!

Creeper
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: okokok is real #1
SFD Account: Krypa
SFD Alias: Krypa
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.6

Post by Creeper » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:50 pm

But can You Pick it back up again?
1 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:35 am

Question: will the explosion radius be the same as the grenades'? I'm hoping for a bigger boom since you only carry one C4 explosive and it'd be easily noticeable (more so than mines?) without having the automated detonation 'perk'. It should be a bit of a "buff" to the infamous mines - it was designed to "breach obstacles or demolish large structures", after all.

Suggestion: fighter uses the detonator as soon as they switch to it rather than having the ability to run with it equipped in hand or having to press "fire" to use it like other types equipment. It should be an auto-usable (yet not necessarily instant) item like the Slowmo powerup.
7 x

[Failman]
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Failure of memes
SFD Alias: Chuckmagaden, Chuck, or random
Started SFD: Before pants

Post by [Failman] » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:38 am

Suggestion: Make the C4 look like mines. I was thinking that absolutely no sane person would ever get near a C4 since they're not like mines where they can be avoided with well timed jumps, so how about making mines look like C4 to make it more useable? Other then that you could make the be able to hide be hind objects like putting them behind barrels or tables, heck you could even put them behind paper.
0 x
Sorry for any errors(so much FAIL)

Wozenbelt
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: MASTER OF MOVEMENT
SFD Alias: (LM) Wozenbelt
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.1

Post by Wozenbelt » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:47 am

Chuck, you're saying that no one would jump near a C4 unless it looked like a mine. Why would someone jump near something that looked like a mine?
4 x
i got wozen fever

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:29 am

The problem with mines is that the blast radius is designed to be large enough to catch you regardless of whether or not you jump unless you're at the very height of it's detection radius and jump from there directly after it detects you. The damage it deals throughout this range is huge, so fighters are deterred from ever going near them. That said, mines do their job quite well as a result - they're powerful pieces of stage control that either force fighters to go a different way, waste ammo to destroy them, or otherwise be very careful in the way they go over certain terrain, which may give the mine user a large window to shoot the victim.

That said, C4 sounds like mines but player-activated as opposed to automatic. Making them look like mines adds confusion as you're either picking up mines or C4 when you find the pickup, and furthermore, you never know what you're approaching. Decreasing from player awareness is a bad thing, you want to empower your players. This is an action game!
1 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

[Failman]
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Failure of memes
SFD Alias: Chuckmagaden, Chuck, or random
Started SFD: Before pants

Post by [Failman] » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:57 am

Wozenbelt wrote:Chuck, you're saying that no one would jump near a C4 unless it looked like a mine. Why would someone jump near something that looked like a mine?
To get to the other side, mines have a set activation range which can be avoided using well timed jumps, barrels, or tables. C4 are completely player controlled making them extremely dangerous because the explosives in SFD do some of the most BS damage in gaming history plus they have even more map control.
Lunatic wrote: That said, C4 sounds like mines but player-activated as opposed to automatic. Making them look like mines adds confusion as you're either picking up mines or C4 when you find the pickup, and furthermore, you never know what you're approaching. Decreasing from player awareness is a bad thing, you want to empower your players. This is an action game!
I was thinking that they would have a slight difference like the color of the blinking light being blue until placed were then it could turn into a lightish red or it having a not so noticeable antenna. Honestly I just feel that C4 are way more dangerous then mines because they're player controlled, people would probably avoid them more because they could blow up at any moment and send you flying out the map or cause tremendous amount of fall damage, unlike mines which do have a set range of activation. However this is all under the assumption that the blast range won't be as large as mines because being near somethings with that much range, causes 70 damage, and player controlled is ridiculous. On the other hand having something with little range would be tedious as all hell, Kinda wish Hjarpe gave us more details on the mines.
0 x
Sorry for any errors(so much FAIL)

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:43 am

[Failman] wrote:[...] Honestly I just feel that C4 are way more dangerous then mines because they're player controlled, people would probably avoid them more because they could blow up at any moment and send you flying out the map or cause tremendous amount of fall damage, unlike mines which do have a set range of activation. [...]
I disagree people would outright avoid them solely because they're player controlled. I think it's the opposite, actually - players are more likely to attempt to bypass them since they rely on the attention of the player setting explosives up rather than an automated you-got-in-range-means-boom response. "Will I be able to get to the other side without him noticing me?" "Will I be able to trick him into setting the C4 off?" It's all about the mindgames, which I consider to be very fun. That's assuming the C4 isn't triggered by player contact, which it probably won't. That also means C4 won't be set off by corpses, with the player having even more control over the explosion and causing some hilarious outcomes. Also, imagine the team plays! "I'll put this C4 in the doorway so when my teammate passes it I can blow it up to kill the enemy chasing him and win!"

I think C4 will be much more fun than mines are. I wouldn't nerf its damage; if anything, nerf the mines and buff C4 up to deal as much damage as the mines deal at the moment.
5 x

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:36 am

How about making C4 stick on walls?
2 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

Iliyan
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Enthusiast of SF and SFD
SFD Account: Iliyan
SFD Alias: Iliyan[44]
Started SFD: Carving for it since normal SF

Post by Iliyan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:33 pm

this is one of my favorite tactical weapon let's hope i will see it soon
1 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:40 am

I want to suggest that the Detonator could be makeshift. It would prevent camping with setting C4 to the only door and then wait. This would let the others shoot the player witht he detonator, while he has to have it in his hands. If it just remains in the 5 slot, people could just shoot and explode the C4 same time. And i think this sounds quite op with not-makeshift detonator.
1 x

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:27 pm

Motto73 wrote:I want to suggest that the Detonator could be makeshift. It would prevent camping with setting C4 to the only door and then wait. This would let the others shoot the player witht he detonator, while he has to have it in his hands. If it just remains in the 5 slot, people could just shoot and explode the C4 same time. And i think this sounds quite op with not-makeshift detonator.
We could also mix the two; have the detonator be its own item, but not be able to run around with it freely. Once switched to, the fighter will sheathe their weapon, take the detonator out, activate it (without any additional input) and then take thier other weapon out once again. This would ensure the detonation can't be too powerful by having things combo'd into it (sawn-off x2 + C4 detonation and such), while also making sure fighters don't run around with an item they can't fight with aimlessly.
1 x

Alexbra25
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: lucky boy
SFD Account: Alexbra25
SFD Alias: |LPH| Just me
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.6

Post by Alexbra25 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:21 pm

C4 will stick in players ?
0 x
Love will tear us apart

Apocalyptic
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: bullet on target.
SFD Alias: |LPH| sexy chocolate
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.2.0/May 2013

Post by Apocalyptic » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:31 pm

Alexbra25 wrote:C4 will stick in players ?
It would be really overpowered, and I like things that are overpowered.
Sure, it would be rare to spawn, just like a Grenade-Launcher.
Last edited by Apocalyptic on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
The End is just the beginning.

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:54 pm

Alexbra25 wrote:C4 will stick in players ?
I hope not, like a grenades would be better
0 x
Just me The Predator!

Rhodes
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: I am Rhodes!
SFD Account: Rhodes
SFD Alias: Rhodes
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Rhodes » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:20 pm

I think the C4 would be cool and I'm suggesting that, with a lot of effort it could be moveable. That way, it isn't so OP. Also, if it IS moveable, then if it falls from a great height, it would detonate.
0 x
IF YOU PLAY SFD I'M COMING AFTER YOU!!