Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Enable online services for SFD v.1.3.7 and older

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Enable online services for SFD v.1.3.7 and older

Post by Gurt » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:59 pm

If you want online services to work with Superfighters Deluxe v.1.3.7 or older you must download this file (https://superfightersdeluxe.com/Public/ ... exe.config) and place it in the same folder as the game itself, next to the "Superfighers Deluxe.exe" file. This will enable TLS 1.2 which now is required for those older versions of the game.
This file is NOT needed for v.1.3.7b or newer.

Download the mentioned file if you intend to run any of the older Superfighters Deluxe beta branches that you can opt in for in Steam.
2 x
Gurt

Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Wasted potential
SFD Account: ake004
SFD Alias: Retired SFD player
Started SFD: When melee was good

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:13 pm

Oh, for a second there when i read the title i was thinking you re-opened hosting abilities in SFD versions older than Steam.
I knew it was too good to be true. :cry:
4 x
🎶I will tell your story if you die
I will tell your story and keep you alive the best i can
But I've always had the feeling we would die young
Some die young
🎵
https://i.imgur.com/D479VLi.png

Odex64
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content Creator
SFD Account: Odex64
Started SFD: PreAlpha

Post by Odex64 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:18 am

Mighty Spirit the 2 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:13 pm
Oh, for a second there when i read the title i was thinking you re-opened hosting abilities in SFD versions older than Steam.
I knew it was too good to be true. :cry:
You can still play older sfd versions, but there's an extra step to do. (p.s you don't need Hamachi).
1 x

Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Wasted potential
SFD Account: ake004
SFD Alias: Retired SFD player
Started SFD: When melee was good

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:03 pm

Odex64 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:18 am
You can still play older sfd versions, but there's an extra step to do. (p.s you don't need Hamachi).
Thanks for the replies from both you and @Maniac. Yes I realize that, but it's a bit cumbersome and random players can't join your game, you have to message them on discord or somewhere else (Invite them beforehand). :|

It's just that when i bought the game a few months after it had come to Steam, i didn't realize i was paying for a soon-to-be dead game. The fact that there are so few players left i feel you might as well just re-open server browsing for older versions of the game so i can at least take one last trip down memory lane with a few other passionate veteran players. It's not like many people have a lot of older versions installed on their PC still so it's not like it will become a problem. Most people prefer to play on the most current version of SFD anyway, so i can't imagine it'll be an issue for a few to head back into our time machines and relive a bit of history in the making
0 x
🎶I will tell your story if you die
I will tell your story and keep you alive the best i can
But I've always had the feeling we would die young
Some die young
🎵
https://i.imgur.com/D479VLi.png

Catmanx3
Meatbag
SFD Account: Catmanx3
Post by Catmanx3 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:10 am

Gurt wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:59 pm
If you want online services to work with Superfighters Deluxe v.1.3.7 or older you must download this file (https://superfightersdeluxe.com/Public/ ... exe.config) and place it in the same folder as the game itself, next to the "Superfighers Deluxe.exe" file. This will enable TLS 1.2 which now is required for those older versions of the game.
This file is NOT needed for v.1.3.7b or newer.

Download the mentioned file if you intend to run any of the older Superfighters Deluxe beta branches that you can opt in for in Steam.
THANKS
0 x