Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Status Update 2019-06-04

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Status Update 2019-06-04

Post by Gurt » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:35 pm

We're still working on the 1.3.0 update including the next campaign and some new tools.

Meanwhile we will continue to release bug fix updates to the current version 1.2.0. The most recent one 1.2.0f included this: "Fixed a bug where thrown items could deal less damage than intended if they passed through platforms in certain situations." which sadly introduced a few new bugs which I couldn't find in our limited tests until after release and some new ones I haven't even noticed until reported by you. I don't say this enough: A thousand thanks to you that report bugs to us - it really helps! I think I have fixed the bugs introduced in the 1.2.0f update and we will most likely release that update in two days from now.

You can already download the 1.2.0f fixes by selecting the "Beta" branch in your Superfighters Deluxe properties in Steam (at the time of writing this post). If you don't have that branch available just type in "balistabalista" as the key and it will be available for you to download already. The update preview in the Beta branch is also marked as 1.2.0f so you can play it online but for the fixes to apply the server must be updated with this update.

Currently in the Beta branch preview:
- Fixed a bug causing thrown items sliding/rolling along the ground not loosing their thrown state as intended (bug introduced in the 1.2.0f update fixing thrown items could deal less damage than intended if they passed through platforms in certain situations.).
- Fixed a bug causing thrown items to sometimes clip through platforms if thrown directly at them (bug introduced in the 1.2.0f update fixing thrown items could deal less damage than intended if they passed through platforms in certain situations.).
- Added debug option in the map editor to shown a thrown item's state to be able to clearly see in which state a thrown item is in - access this from the F7 menu in the map editor and select the "Debug" tab and check the "Thrown Items Status (missiles)" option to enable this.

If you want a quicker release fixing those bugs then you should opt in for the Beta branch - it could still contain a few more problems not yet found by us.
If you want to help us test thrown items not having any more strange and obvious bugs then you could also opt in for the Beta branch.

Edit: v.1.2.0g is out now - fixing above mentioned problems.
Last edited by Gurt on Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added note about v.1.2.0g is released
11 x
Gurt

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:18 pm

...balistabalista?
0 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:22 pm

Del Poncho wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:18 pm
...balistabalista?
it's a teaser for ballista as their newest weapon in sfd
2 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:41 pm

The next update "v.1.2.0g" is mostly ready and we will release it tomorrow if everything goes as planned. It will include a bunch of fixes to the bots as well as the bugs introduced in the "v.1.2.0f" update.
2 x
Gurt

Proxmin-O
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Proxmin
Started SFD: August 2016

Post by Proxmin-O » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:08 pm

is there way to customize or randomize a bot's clothes? just saying.
0 x
"Spriting at it's finest"

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:42 am

Proxmin-O wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:08 pm
is there way to customize or randomize a bot's clothes? just saying.
Off Topic
You have free reign over bot editing in the map editor...but you can’t utilise them in versus as one that takes up a slot. That probably isn’t what you are referring to eh? I recommend you make a suggestion topic, as people like myself have always advocated for customisable bot outfits and steam workshop integration of these outfits.
2 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Proxmin-O
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Proxmin
Started SFD: August 2016

Post by Proxmin-O » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:59 am

hmm ok.
my mind: ( or just edit the map where all bot clothes are there ).
0 x
"Spriting at it's finest"