Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Remove background in settings

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
HtZ
Meatbag
SFD Account: henriquebetnet@gmail

Remove background in settings

Post by HtZ » Tue May 21, 2019 9:23 pm

It's simple, but for me it's not, because I'm not playing SFD for 8 months because of the lousy FPS. Anyway, I just hope that please add the feature to remove the background as well as the option to remove the far background. Please, Gurt.
0 x

Choose_NameHere
Fighter
Fighter
Title: #BR gosto de pastel
SFD Account: Choose_NameHere

Post by Choose_NameHere » Tue May 21, 2019 9:52 pm

The option to remove the distant background already exists, more in relation to the background, why do not you just go on the map editor and try to remove the background from the maps? (that's just a suggestion.)
0 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Tue May 21, 2019 10:33 pm

Choose_NameHere wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:52 pm
The option to remove the distant background already exists, more in relation to the background, why do not you just go on the map editor and try to remove the background from the maps? (that's just a suggestion.)
It is not possible to edit official maps in any way.
Last edited by hyper copter on Wed May 22, 2019 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Wed May 22, 2019 2:09 pm

HtZ wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:23 pm
It's simple, but for me it's not, because I'm not playing SFD for 8 months because of the lousy FPS. Anyway, I just hope that please add the feature to remove the background as well as the option to remove the far background. Please, Gurt.
I am pretty sure @Nets p2 had made a set of modified official maps that have been really "dumbed" down to allow for better performance on less than sufficient machines.

As for the background thing, you can remove far background. Is that what you are referring to?
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Wed May 22, 2019 4:31 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:09 pm
HtZ wrote:
I am pretty sure @Nets p2 had made a set of modified official maps that have been really "dumbed" down to allow for better performance on less than sufficient machines.

As for the background thing, you can remove far background. Is that what you are referring to?
read what you quoted again
0 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Wed May 22, 2019 7:43 pm

Pricey wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 4:31 pm
RickAvory wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:09 pm
HtZ wrote:

read what you quoted again
That’s a big rip... I guess I missed it.
1 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Wed May 22, 2019 11:21 pm

HtZ wrote:
It's simple, but for me, it's not, because I'm not playing SFD for 8 months because of the lousy FPS. Anyway, I just hope that please add the feature to remove the background as well as the option to remove the far background. Please, Gurt.
Try opening the task manager; End tasks and processes that you don't need running. Just doing that gives me 70+ FPS.
1 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Thu May 23, 2019 12:08 am

hyper copter wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 11:21 pm
HtZ wrote:
It's simple, but for me, it's not, because I'm not playing SFD for 8 months because of the lousy FPS. Anyway, I just hope that please add the feature to remove the background as well as the option to remove the far background. Please, Gurt.
Try opening the task manager; End tasks and processes that you don't need running. Just doing that gives me 70+ FPS.
On top of that you can try running SFD on “High Priority” by going to details, finding SFD (while it’s open) right clicking it, click priority, and set it to high.
0 x

HtZ
Meatbag
SFD Account: henriquebetnet@gmail

Post by HtZ » Thu May 23, 2019 3:47 pm

Clarifying; there is no way to edit official maps and remove the background, and the removal of the far background does not increase as much FPS. I played in 15-23 FPS on official maps. The only way to continue playing is to remove background from all maps. This will only be possible with the official update removal feature. I do not like playing maps customs, I prefer the official ones because they are the best maps. It does not do any job manager or change properties, the FPS is still low. When I was on BETA the FPS was playable on some officials, it was only on STEAM that the FPS problems actually came ... sad to know that I can no longer enjoy this game. :( :( :( :cry: :cry:
0 x

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Thu May 23, 2019 9:02 pm

I'm actually intrigued into your specs now, you must be playing on an extremely old laptop or something for it to only manage to run this game at 15-23 FPS, would you kindly provide your specs? Have you tried lowering the resolution, particle effects, weather?
1 x

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Thu May 23, 2019 9:38 pm

I understand everytime someone says they aren't having good performance and can understand why you're asking for this. Honestly, I don't see much need for this option particularly, in SFD case it's adding an option to remove a great part of the game design and intended vibe and the other options do already increase the performance.
You could for your specific problem, instead, delete the files for background tiles and anything that could possibly make your game slower in Superfighters Deluxe's folder, but even though that's probably a solution you'd have to do that again everytime the game updates.
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Nets p2
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Map Creator
SFD Account: Nets
Started SFD: since the first versions

Post by Nets p2 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:05 pm

HtZ wrote:
https://www.mythologicinteractiveforums ... 333#p22333
look this topic. ;)
0 x