Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Instant Trip Bug

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Danger Ross
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Dangerous
SFD Alias: Danger Ross
Started SFD: 14 june 2012 (launch day)

Instant Trip Bug

Post by Danger Ross » Sat May 11, 2019 1:31 am

I Have little idea as to how it's triggered or how it happened exactly in the first place. The person who was affected left the server before saying anything about it. What appeared to happen:
The player was hit in the back by a thrown bottle and "tripped" backwards from a standing position, flipping over after flying about two SFD feet into the air. Afterwards, whenever they hit the perfectly straight horizontal ground they would bounce up with the same horizontal velocity and to the same height each time. Essentially they skipped across the ground like a flat pebble across water until falling off the edge of the map. It was pretty comical.

I have no solid proof of this happening via recording but I do know some witnesses. (Nade and Shazzer)
1 x
sorry bucko, you can't punch with swords 8-)

Vitamin E
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Completely Neutral
Started SFD: around 2012
Post by Vitamin E » Sat May 11, 2019 1:49 pm

Perhaps you should have waited to make the post after you’d acquired the video evidence. It’s kind of hard to understand what you mean. Please don’t take any offense from me saying any of this.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun May 12, 2019 11:25 am

It could also be a script for all I know. As I have never seen anything like it I will just have to wait for further information.
0 x
Gurt

Danger Ross
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Dangerous
SFD Alias: Danger Ross
Started SFD: 14 june 2012 (launch day)

Post by Danger Ross » Mon May 13, 2019 8:15 pm

It seems to be extremely rare so catching video evidence is almost impossible. For more context this occured on "EBomb's Versus" server.
Treat this post as an archive for anyone interested in this phenomenon.
0 x
sorry bucko, you can't punch with swords 8-)

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Wed May 15, 2019 5:06 pm

I've seen this too, it's quite hard to see this. If it is what I'm thinking that is probably related to the player's connection, weird stuff do indeed happen with lagged people, but thats just my supposition. I will be recording in background next time I'm playing and post it if I get it.
1 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"