Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Superfighters Deluxe 1.2.0 is out!

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Superfighters Deluxe 1.2.0 is out!

Post by Hjarpe » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:00 pm

* New weapons: Bow, Shuriken, Whip.
* New powerups: Speed Boost, Bouncing Ammo, Incendiary Ammo.
* New challenges: Canals Manhunt, Dove Hunt, Bear Pits Boogaloo, Bouncy Ballistricks, Undercover.
* New items: Hood, Pith Helmet.
* Tweaks on path grids in Helipad and Pistons.
* Optimized map loading sequences when playing online games and improved drop-in loading times.
* Fixed a few initialize problems after map loading in certain rare cases for weld joints and revolute joints causing the game to sometimes freeze.
* Tweaks to the helicopter in Helipad.
* Tweaks to the helicopter in the finale in Prime Time in Sunny City.
* Other fixes and tweaks.

Map Editor:
* Fixed a bug where you could edit properties for deleted tiles, causing a crash.
* Fixed a rare crash in the map editor.
* Fixed a bug where the time limit for challenges wouldn't reset properly when changing maps.
* Fixed a bug where enabled scripts could be disabled if opening and closing the map editor.
* Added InvisibleTileObjectsOnly, which lets through projectiles, fire and explosions.

Script API:
* Added IPlayer.IsSpeedBoostActive, IPlayer.GetSpeedBoostTime(), IPlayer.SetSpeedBoostTime(...) to be able to control the speed boost effect.
* Updated IGame.SpawnProjectile(..) with optional parameter for projectile powerup type (None/Bouncing/Fire).
* IObject.SetMass(...) only accepts positive values now.
* IObject.SetStickyFeet(..), IObject.SetMass(..), IObject.SetCollisionFilter(..), IObject.SetColor(..), IObject.SetWorldPosition(..) are now correctly synced for drop-in players.

Edit 2019-04-03: Superfighters Deluxe 1.2.0b is out!
* Bows now spawn from primary weapon crates rather than handgun weapon crates.
* Fixed a bug where ammo stashes were emptying the bow's ammo instead of refilling it.
* Fixed a bug introduced with bouncing bullets that caused melee weapons to no longer deflect incoming projectiles as intended.
* Fixed a bug where your melee attacks didn't work as intended after attacking with the chainsaw and and sheathing it in mid-air.

Edit 2019-04-13: Superfighters Deluxe 1.2.0c is out!
* Ignition value on Incendiary ammo has been reduced for fast-shooting weapons; it now takes a few shots before reaching max fire level. Slower weapons like Magnum and Sniper rifle still ignite to maximum fire level directly.
* Slightly reduced Incendiary ammo spawn rate and slightly increased Bouncing ammo spawn rate.
* Bouncing projectiles now go 25% slower after the first bounce.
* Adjusted the amount of extra ammo you get for certain weapons when grabbing Bouncing ammo or Incendiary ammo.
* Shurikens now go through portals like any other thrown item.
* Shuriken is now thrown more horizontally so it's easier to hit an enemy standing in front of you.
* Fixed a bug where dodged projectiles couldn't hit you after getting deflected or bouncing around.
* Bow arrows no longer destroy grenades or mines.
* Fixed a bug where thrown items wouldn't always properly hit players in specific circumstances.
* Fixed faulty key code in gameplay tip #37.

Edit 2019-04-28: Superfighters Deluxe 1.2.0d is out!
* You now climb up and slide down ladders faster while speed boost is active.
* The chainsaw will no longer drain any fuel if the player holding the chainsaw is dead.
* Map editor: Selecting tiles with a drag-area-selection is now accurate when it comes to rotated tiles.
* Fixed a bug where special ammo count was displayed in the GUI when it shouldn't have been.
* Fixed a bug where you could get stuck in the item throwing animation if the throw was performed directly after landing from any melee air attack.
* Added a new config.ini option GAMEPAD_INPUT_DISABLED to be able to completely disable gamepad input for those instances where you don't need the gamepad input but it's causing trouble on unhealthy systems.
* Fixed some rare crashes.

Edit 2019-05-13: Superfighters Deluxe 1.2.0e is out!
* Fixed a bug where you would get stuck in reloading if you used a speed boost or a strength boost during the reload animation.
* Fixed a few missing sounds for the Machine Pistol.
* Fixed a bug where the map vote wouldn't be displayed for a second player joining a versus game if there was only one other player waiting around in the server.
* Fixed a bug where chat messages from scripts wouldn't always be displayed in the server software chat log as intended.
* ScriptAPI: Added IGame.TimeLimit - Gets the total time limit set in the game in seconds. Returns 0 if TimeLimitActive is false.
* ScriptAPI: When you are assigned a new Player (e.g. when respawned via a script) you will now flash for a brief moment, like during the start of games.
* ScriptAPI: Fixed a bug where AutoVictoryConditionEnabled (when toggled back to true from false via a script) did not always work as intended when there was only one player remaining.
* Map Editor: Fixed a bug where certain cheat commands (such as /SetTime) when used in the map editor wouldn't reset properly when entering the main menu, causing the background gameplay preview to be affected.

2019-06-03: Superfighters Deluxe 1.2.0f is out!
* Adjusted some spawn points on Helipad.
* If you reach the final cutscene in Operation Sunrine while having a strength boost active, you will no longer die when the strength boost runs out.
* Tweaked bots so they are less likely to grab and kick in melee while holding a chainsaw.
* Fixed a bug where thrown items could deal less damage than intended if they passed through platforms in certain situations.
* Fixed a bug where bots could become unresponsive in melee for up to a second if the opponent moved out of melee range and back again.
* Fixed a bug where bots could fail to drop a chainsaw with no fuel left if they got hit while trying to drop it.
* Fixed a bug where extension script names would read the file name rather than the correct name field, causing the filename to always be displayed as the script name. (The filename is still visible for moderators using the "/SCRIPTS" command.)
* Fixed a bug in the map editor where the map input limit for map name, script name, author and description fields were ignored.
* Fixed a bug that caused the game to freeze if you created a new game while having an extension script with too long name, author or description text (ignoring the length limit) in your SFD script folder.

2019-06-08: Superfighters Deluxe 1.2.0g is out!
* Fixed a bug causing thrown items to sometimes hurt players even after sliding/rolling along the ground (bug introduced in the 1.2.0f update).
* Fixed a bug causing thrown items to sometimes clip through platforms if thrown directly at them (bug introduced in the 1.2.0f update).
* Fixed a bug where bots could get stuck swapping the same two weapons over and over by changing how bots decide whether to replace a gun.
* Fixed a bug where bots could try to move or change targets while firing a burst-type weapon like the Assault Rifle and Flamethrower.
* Fixed a bug where bots could try to pick up nearby items on the ground while performing a grab.
* Fixed a crash in the map editor if you tried to access the context menu when you had no active map to work in.
* Fixed a potential problem with corrupted maps resulting in null data that could cause SFD to crash in certain situations.
14 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Cabo_Fiambre
Fighter
Fighter
Post by Cabo_Fiambre » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:04 pm

Getting better and better with each update!
1 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:12 pm

Due to some hosting problems (oops!) we've rolled back the update for the moment. We're working to fix it ASAP.
3 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:36 pm

The fixed update is now available. Thanks for your patience!
2 x

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:36 pm

Hjarpe wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:12 pm
We've rolled back the update PERMANENTLY. April fools, guys, lmao!!!1
Man, all that work just for a prank...
1 x
Hold your breath.

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:39 pm

Splinter wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:36 pm
Hjarpe wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:12 pm
We've rolled back the update PERMANENTLY. April fools, guys, lmao!!!1
Man, all that work just for a prank...
Good thing we had trouble on the 1st of April... was it a prank? Who knows? We known! :roll:
4 x
Gurt

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:44 pm

Swedish jokes are no laughing matter.
3 x

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:32 pm

infinite bouncing bullets in /ia 1 please
3 x

CrazyDuck
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: CrazyDuckk
SFD Alias: CrazyDuck
Started SFD: 2014

Post by CrazyDuck » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:52 pm

When you hold a bow, pick up the ammunition on the helicopter, and the arrow in the bow will become zero, even if the bow has surplus ammunition.
1 x

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Post by mgtr14 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:06 pm

It looks like deflecting bullets send them straight into you anyways, try it with a chainsaw.

Also, I think the incendiary ammo is too OP. The "effect radius" is huge for bullets, and it's an instant grade 2 burning. On top of grade 2 burning, you're being shot at. That's an incredibly powerful combo that I think should be limited in some way, because even behind a wall they can shoot behind you and light you up.

The speed boost is also way too much for certain situations, it's great for getting away but makes melee difficult. I haven't tried walking with a speed boost to see if that slows me down enough, and if it's only intended for covering distances quickly then it did it's job well.

Shurikens are thrown way higher than expected, and can go above any player standing infront of you. I guess it's that way so that you can't just stand and throw them all at your opponent without aiming first, I haven't tried crouching yet though. Also, the hitbox for them is very small. I'd suggest making the hitbox match the sprite or vice versa.

And the whip seems to just be an incredibly long melee weapon, and I think haven't seen it steal a weapon yet(Wasn't it supposed to do that, according to your planned features post?). I think it should deal a little less damage though, it's range is pretty insane and it's difficult to hit anyone wielding one.

Otherwise, I think every other feature is working as intended and I have no further questions. Everything else was great, the bow was unique and doesn't feel too powerful, bouncy bullets are predictably volatile and I like that alot. They can backfire but can also lead to great shots.
Last edited by mgtr14 on Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2 x
Shut up bitch!!

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:07 am

mgtr14 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:06 pm
It looks like deflecting bullets send them straight into you anyways, try it with a chainsaw.

Also, I think the incendiary ammo is too OP. The "effect radius" is huge for bullets, and it's an instant grade 2 burning. On top of grade 2 burning, you're being shot at. That's an incredibly powerful combo that I think should be limited in some way, because even behind a wall they can shoot behind you and light you up.

The speed boost is also way too much for certain situations, it's great for getting away but it's way too quick for melee it seems. I haven't tried walking with a speed boost to see if that slows me down enough, and if it's only intended for covering distance and nothing else then it did it's job well.

Shurikens are thrown way higher than expected, and can go above any player standing infront of you. I guess it's that way so that you can't just stand and throw them all at your opponent without aiming first, I haven't tried crouching yet though. Also, the hitbox for them is very small. I'd suggest making the hitbox match the sprite or vice versa.

And the whip seems to just be an incredibly long melee weapon, and I think haven't seen it steal a weapon yet(Wasn't it supposed to do that, according to your planned features post?). I think it should deal a little less damage though, it's range is pretty insane and it's difficult to hit anyone wielding one.

Otherwise, I think every other feature is working as intended and I have no further questions. Everything else was great, the bow was unique and doesn't feel too powerful, bouncy bullets are a somewhat predictably volatile and I like that alot. They can backfire but can also lead to great shots.
Bouncy bullets are the flipping best thing that ever happened.
0 x

Vitamin E
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Completely Neutral
Started SFD: around 2012
Post by Vitamin E » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:06 am

Awesome update

I love all the new items. I do agree that the incendiary ammo seems to be a bit too strong for how often it appears. Either it should be nerfed a bit (lower the damage or change it to only level 1 fire) or make it more of a rare spawn because incendiary ammo turns even the weakest pistol into a 4 - 5 shot kill. I don’t mind how strong it is, but if it’s going to be this strong at least make it more rare.

The whip is cool, but I wish that when it disarmed people it would pull the weapon towards you. Kinda like you snatch it out of their hand with the whip

Great update all around
3 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer

Post by Gurt » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:10 pm

CrazyDuck wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:52 pm
When you hold a bow, pick up the ammunition on the helicopter, and the arrow in the bow will become zero, even if the bow has surplus ammunition.
Fixed after v.1.2.0.
Bows will be properly refilled when activating an ammo stash (instead of emptying the ammo).
Bows will also correctly spawn out of primary weapon crates instead of secondary weapon crates.
2 x
Gurt

[Failman]
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Failure of memes
SFD Alias: Chuckmagaden, Chuck, or random
Started SFD: Before pants

Post by [Failman] » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:04 pm

Awesome Update, I'm having so much fun with bouncy bullets, though I do question why don't Str and Spd power affect the rate of fire and damage output for hand weapons like Shuriken, and Bow. I'm also confused as to why you can't pick up shurikens once they've been thrown or why they don't stick onto walls or ceilings, they should be able to do that and they should be reusable until they break.
1 x
Sorry for any errors(so much FAIL)

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:51 pm

Superfighters Deluxe 1.2.0b is out!

* Bows now spawn from primary weapon crates rather than handgun weapon crates.
* Fixed a bug where ammo stashes were emptying the bow's ammo instead of refilling it.
* Fixed a bug introduced with bouncing bullets that caused melee weapons to no longer deflect incoming projectiles as intended.
* Fixed a bug where your melee attacks didn't work as intended after attacking with the chainsaw and and sheathing it in mid-air.
2 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:12 pm

Superfighters Deluxe 1.2.0c is out!

* Ignition value on Incendiary ammo has been reduced for fast-shooting weapons; it now takes a few shots before reaching max fire level. Slower weapons like Magnum and Sniper rifle still ignite to maximum fire level directly.
* Slightly reduced Incendiary ammo spawn rate and slightly increased Bouncing ammo spawn rate.
* Bouncing projectiles now go 25% slower after the first bounce.
* Adjusted the amount of extra ammo you get for certain weapons when grabbing Bouncing ammo or Incendiary ammo.
* Shurikens now go through portals like any other thrown item.
* Shuriken is now thrown more horizontally so it's easier to hit an enemy standing in front of you.
* Fixed a bug where dodged projectiles couldn't hit you after getting deflected or bouncing around.
* Bow arrows no longer destroy grenades or mines.
* Fixed a bug where thrown items wouldn't always properly hit players in specific circumstances.
* Fixed faulty key code in gameplay tip #37.
5 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:33 pm

Superfighters Deluxe 1.2.0d is out!

* You now climb up and slide down ladders faster while speed boost is active.
* The chainsaw will no longer drain any fuel if the player holding the chainsaw is dead.
* Map editor: Selecting tiles with a drag-area-selection is now accurate when it comes to rotated tiles.
* Fixed a bug where special ammo count was displayed in the GUI when it shouldn't have been.
* Fixed a bug where you could get stuck in the item throwing animation if the throw was performed directly after landing from any melee air attack.
* Added a new config.ini option GAMEPAD_INPUT_DISABLED to be able to completely disable gamepad input for those instances where you don't need the gamepad input but it's causing trouble on unhealthy systems.
* Fixed some rare crashes.
7 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Mon May 13, 2019 9:15 pm

Superfighters Deluxe 1.2.0e is out!
(Gurt is crankin' out them bug fixes!)

* Fixed a bug where you would get stuck in reloading if you used a speed boost or a strength boost during the reload animation.
* Fixed a few missing sounds for the Machine Pistol.
* Fixed a bug where the map vote wouldn't be displayed for a second player joining a versus game if there was only one other player waiting around in the server.
* Fixed a bug where chat messages from scripts wouldn't always be displayed in the server software chat log as intended.
* ScriptAPI: Added IGame.TimeLimit - Gets the total time limit set in the game in seconds. Returns 0 if TimeLimitActive is false.
* ScriptAPI: When you are assigned a new Player (e.g. when respawned via a script) you will now flash for a brief moment, like during the start of games.
* ScriptAPI: Fixed a bug where AutoVictoryConditionEnabled (when toggled back to true from false via a script) did not always work as intended when there was only one player remaining.
* Map Editor: Fixed a bug where certain cheat commands (such as /SetTime) when used in the map editor wouldn't reset properly when entering the main menu, causing the background gameplay preview to be affected.
4 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:28 pm

Hjarpe wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:15 pm
[..]
[..]
Goodbye seamless car system for my WIP campaign, can Gurt at least add an optional argument to toggle blinking effect when using SetUser()?
3 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer

Post by Gurt » Sat May 18, 2019 12:16 pm

JakSparro98 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:28 pm
Hjarpe wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:15 pm
[..]
[..]
Goodbye seamless car system for my WIP campaign, can Gurt at least add an optional argument to toggle blinking effect when using SetUser()?
An optional parameter might be a good addition to the SetUser() function when I come back working to expand the ScriptAPI, which is most likely to happen after the next update we're working on. Added it to viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14&p=14#p14
1 x
Gurt