Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Can you beat my time?

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Can you beat my time?

Post by RickAvory » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:41 pm

I had just remembered that a very long time ago I had done a speed run of the "Prime Time In Sunny City" Campaign. This had been before the game had even been released. Looking back, there where a couple tricks I pulled off that couldn't be pulled off today, however I still believe the time is beatable due to the plethora of mistakes I had made. For those of you wondering, here is a video of me pulling off a PTISC Run.
Also, for anyone wanting to compete, I made a Speedrun site. Currently I am still working on it. Looking to add "Operation Sunrise" Soon!
Last edited by RickAvory on Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Tom Th3 Assasin
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: JakMike
Started SFD: 2017

Post by Tom Th3 Assasin » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:31 am

Rick this is literally.... nonbeatable
1 x
There is not a single thing that I can't do

https://imgur.com/a/Ybqji

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:58 am

RickAvory wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:41 pm
I had just remember that a very long time ago I had done a speed run of the "Prime Time In Sunny City" Campaign. This had been before the game had even been released. Looking back, there where a couple tricks I pulled off that couldn't be pulled off today, however I still believe the time is beatable due to the plethora of mistakes I had made. For those of you wondering, here is a video of me pulling off a PTISC Run.
Also, for anyone wanting to compete, I made a Speedrun site. Currently I am still working on it. Looking to add "Operation Sunrise" Soon!
Rick i am dissapointed. You took damage while fighting meatgrinder :)

NIce run tho!
1 x

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:45 pm

I almost beat this run, but I died on the final part unfortunately. You could improve the run by hopping on top of the elevator that Funnyman takes and basically skip that entire stage of the campaign.
2 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:00 pm

Pricey wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:45 pm
I almost beat this run, but I died on the final part unfortunately. You could improve the run by hopping on top of the elevator that Funnyman takes and basically skip that entire stage of the campaign.
Yeah the very top of it. I missed it this run. Also I messed up the run right before meat grinder and during meat grinder and also failed to get the grendade to register as a hit on the helicopter to skip the first wave. (Some tips for those of you who want to beat me :) )
1 x

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Pricey » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:53 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:00 pm
Pricey wrote:
Yeah the very top of it. I missed it this run. Also I messed up the run right before meat grinder and during meat grinder and also failed to get the grendade to register as a hit on the helicopter to skip the first wave. (Some tips for those of you who want to beat me :) )
I find Meatgrinder to be pretty easy, as long as you gather a few MP50s from the fight before and let Meatgrinder kill all the minions that spawn (they take two Meatgrinder runs to die, and give free weapons). All in all this is a very good time, but I think it might be beneficial to do another run entirely singleplayer instead of using bots for some bits (my quickest time for entirely singleplayer was ~16 minutes, but I didn't record it so don't treat it like a record, also on Normal difficulty).
0 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:17 pm

Pricey wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:53 pm
RickAvory wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:00 pm
Pricey wrote:
I find Meatgrinder to be pretty easy, as long as you gather a few MP50s from the fight before and let Meatgrinder kill all the minions that spawn (they take two Meatgrinder runs to die, and give free weapons). All in all this is a very good time, but I think it might be beneficial to do another run entirely singleplayer instead of using bots for some bits (my quickest time for entirely singleplayer was ~16 minutes, but I didn't record it so don't treat it like a record, also on Normal difficulty).
It is pretty easy. I was just stupid and didn’t watch ny stamina and look at my weapon clip and got stripped of my weapon. Mine was done in expert mode as there was no other mode to select at the time. I also got pretty lucky with a chainsaw in Pit which allowed me to bring down funny man pretty quick.
1 x

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Pricey » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:12 pm

Finally managed to complete a run and upload it myself (sorry for the audio mute around 11 minutes in, copyrighted custom music). Although it's a minute off the 14:44 run, I feel like if I can find a way to quickly and reliably beat Funnyman that this run is beatable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kLxCAV_5CU
5 x

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s8KmgC-Rik

Can you beat me? 8-)

The Funnyman fight was pretty good, but I made several mistakes so this can definitely be improved a lot. Here are some strategies which I came up with during the run (and also some which I copied from Rick and Pricey)

-Get the baseball bat in chapter 1, it deals more damage than the other 3 melee weapons (also has more range).
-Try to cluster the enemies to finish them off quickly using melee.
-Don't dive to run faster. It wastes too much stamina. Instead, sprint and jump whenever you can, it uses less stamina than running.
-Use the car lifts in chapter 2 to crush enemies quickly.
-Before you enter the portal to where Funnyman is inside the elevator, wait for your stamina to fill up a bit, it will save you a lot of time. Then, enter and quickly climb the ladder to try and get on top of the elevator, you'll skip the whole area.
-For the Funnyman fight, get rid of the 4 dancers quickly using a katana so they don't get in your way. Try to stay on the same level as Funnyman so you can use hipfire. Don't worry about dodging his bullets, keep shooting him with an automatic rifle, you can get health later. If the dancers get in your way, use the katana against Funnyman.
-As soon as the 2 snipers spawn in the tower on the final chapter, kill one for safety, or he might make you lose a lot of time or even kill you.
-Try to hit the helicopter twice in a single "wave" like Rick did in his video.
3 x
Hold your breath.

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:38 pm

Splinter wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:22 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s8KmgC-Rik

Can you beat me? 8-)

The Funnyman fight was pretty good, but I made several mistakes so this can definitely be improved a lot. Here are some strategies which I came up with during the run (and also some which I copied from Rick and Pricey)

-Get the baseball bat in chapter 1, it deals more damage than the other 3 melee weapons (also has more range).
-Try to cluster the enemies to finish them off quickly using melee.
-Don't dive to run faster. It wastes too much stamina. Instead, sprint and jump whenever you can, it uses less stamina than running.
-Use the car lifts in chapter 2 to crush enemies quickly.
-Before you enter the portal to where Funnyman is inside the elevator, wait for your stamina to fill up a bit, it will save you a lot of time. Then, enter and quickly climb the ladder to try and get on top of the elevator, you'll skip the whole area.
-For the Funnyman fight, get rid of the 4 dancers quickly using a katana so they don't get in your way. Try to stay on the same level as Funnyman so you can use hipfire. Don't worry about dodging his bullets, keep shooting him with an automatic rifle, you can get health later. If the dancers get in your way, use the katana against Funnyman.
-As soon as the 2 snipers spawn in the tower on the final chapter, kill one for safety, or he might make you lose a lot of time or even kill you.
-Try to hit the helicopter twice in a single "wave" like Rick did in his video.
Well done!! Be sure to submit it here. what is crazy is that you had a ton of time save from mine and there is still a ton more time save you can do. For example, if you collect the grenades when escaping from the pit, and save them until the end part with the helicopter, you can try to use it to hit the helicopter and skip the first wave, then after that doing the double bazooka trick. That trick is unreliable though, as sometimes the grenade doesn’t register as a full hit, and it may take 3 more bazooka hits. In practice I was able to land 3 bazooka hits in one wave just out of pure luck aiming in the direction of the helicopter.
3 x

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:59 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:38 pm
Well done!! Be sure to submit it here. what is crazy is that you had a ton of time save from mine and there is still a ton more time save you can do. For example, if you collect the grenades when escaping from the pit, and save them until the end part with the helicopter, you can try to use it to hit the helicopter and skip the first wave, then after that doing the double bazooka trick. That trick is unreliable though, as sometimes the grenade doesn’t register as a full hit, and it may take 3 more bazooka hits. In practice I was able to land 3 bazooka hits in one wave just out of pure luck aiming in the direction of the helicopter.
Thanks! I actually discovered a bug when you destroy the helicopter using mines when it first appears, lol. But yeah, there's still plenty of time to save. That elevator part could have saved me like 20-30 seconds I think.
2 x
Hold your breath.