Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Voting To Kick A Player

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Voting To Kick A Player

Post by hyper copter » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:06 pm

So, The best low-ping server in the entire game, Blurry's, Had to remove its moderators because of the hacking. And so, The ultimate forms of cancer gather to frustrate you and the entire server. Whether they are better than you or not, They didn't join to play normally. And without a moderator to kick or ban that type of people. The server becomes less populated. And when you try to find another good server, You just can't find one that's as good and low-ping as Blurry's.
So you just Alt+F4 out of frustration. Think for a while then try again, But you get the same result.
I know I'm blaming for my own problem, But it isn't just mine. Teaming, Idling, Overloading your internet connection & Team-Killing are really annoying.
But am I talking about every single player in the server? No, I'm Not. It always happens to be one or two players. So what point am I trying to get to? The ability to be able to vote to kick a player.
So, How is that supposed to work?

All players should be able to type the command /votekick {player name}
Then a message appears "{player name1} has voted to kick {player name2}, type /votekick {player name2} to vote
Just like round voting, Voting to kick a player requires only the majority of the votes, MINUS the player that's being voted on.

If the server happens to have a host/moderator, You can't use the /votekick command unless both of them are idle for 2:30 minutes
If you do it without both of them being idle, A message appears saying "All moderators must be idle for 2:30 minutes in order to use this command.
If they're both idle and you voted to kick someone but they stopped idling, The voting gets canceled.
You, Of course, Can't vote to kick the host.
7 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:51 pm

Is this how voting to kick works or how you want it to be added in (I'm pretty sure u mean this IS how it works but I just wanna make sure)?
0 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by hyper copter » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:26 pm

MOOADAM wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:51 pm
Is this how voting to kick works or how you want it to be added in (I'm pretty sure u mean this IS how it works but I just wanna make sure)?
How i think it should work if implemented.
1 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:58 am

It's not the first time this is suggested and discussed, although I wasn't able to find the old topic. Anyways, as SFD now launched in Steam it's about time some stuff is brought up again in my opinion. I particularly dislike it, it may depend on how its done, but let's see what people think about this.

(Also, I'm not sure what you mean by saying Blurry removed moderators because of hacking, I suppose the mods just aren't playing much and that's it)
1 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by hyper copter » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:40 am

Noble wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:58 am
(Also, I'm not sure what you mean by saying Blurry removed moderators because of hacking, I suppose the mods just aren't playing much and that's it)
From what I've heard, Blurry's had to remove moderators because some players have hacked the game and gave themselves moderator privileges.

I'm not sure that that's exactly what I've heard though.
2 x
- Andrew B. Sweger.

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:13 am

hyper copter wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:06 pm
[..]

Then a message appears "{player name1} has voted to kick {player name2}, type /votekick {player name2} to vote
Just like round voting, Voting to kick a player requires only the majority of the votes, MINUS the player that's being voted on.

If the server happens to have a host/moderator, You can't use the /votekick command unless both of them are idle for 2:30 minutes
If you do it without both of them being idle, A message appears saying "All moderators must be idle for 2:30 minutes in order to use this command.
If they're both idle and you voted to kick someone but they stopped idling, The voting gets canceled.
Today with the tools we have by means of scripts this suggestion would be entirely made with an extension, but anyway it's up to the server owner to decide whether to use it or not.

What I'm saying is that we have the power, but maybe there's a lack of will, as @Noble said all depends of how it will be implemented, and even if it will come as a script that doesn't mean that we are exempt from investing some time in researching the best approach.
1 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by hyper copter » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:53 pm

JakSparro98 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:13 am
hyper copter wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:06 pm
[..]

Today with the tools we have by means of scripts this suggestion would be entirely made with an extension, but anyway it's up to the server owner to decide whether to use it or not.

What I'm saying is that we have the power, but maybe there's a lack of will, as @Noble said all depends of how it will be implemented, and even if it will come as a script that doesn't mean that we are exempt from investing some time in researching the best approach.
Maybe they could make it optional via the game info menu
  • Vote Kick Active - Whether or not players can use the /votekick command
  • Vote Kick Idle Time How much time should all moderators be idle for in order for players to use the /votekick command
Also, The host should be able to make a player unkickable by choosing them and then choosing the option "unkickable (didn't think of a better name)

Meaning that you cannot vote to kick them. If you try to, A message appears saying "This player is unkickable"
1 x
- Andrew B. Sweger.