Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

AFK Mode

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Re: AFK Mode

Post by Sree » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:12 pm

here's why it could be pretty abusive, PS: that's one of my scripts based off your idea.
0 x

jlo
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: hey
SFD Account: jlo
Started SFD: March 2017

Post by jlo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:14 pm

Sree wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:12 pm

here's why it could be pretty abusive, PS: that's one of my scripts based off your idea.
idk what you point out in that all i see is u shooting a npc and he doesnt die

i mean if ur trying to say the bot taking over will be invinsible no
just a bot on easy mode and only has a limit of one or two minutes
edit: and im pretty sure a easy bot will be able to aim perfectly and snipe one without even taking time aka in just like 1.5 seconds
0 x
<Aspect> Vapsiz#8861

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:15 pm

jlo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:14 pm
Sree wrote:

What he is showing is that he inputs the command which automatically shoots the player, then turns off the command once the player is hit. Basically nullifying your need to aim.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

jlo
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by jlo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:16 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:15 pm
jlo wrote:
Sree wrote:

What he is showing is that he inputs the command which automatically shoots the player, then turns off the command once the player is hit. Basically nullifying your need to aim.
so maybe you need to have a amount of playtime
also it's on EASY mode not expert genius
0 x
<Aspect> Vapsiz#8861

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:18 pm

@jlo
I can still see how this is problematic. Simple fix would just be to put a cool down on the command

Last edited by RickAvory on Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
0 x

jlo
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by jlo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:20 pm

yes that's what im saying well not really
add a cooldown i just mentioned before that usually i take a minute or two break so the cooldown will be 3 minutes and the bot will take over as easy for 1-2 minutes

and like i said it's not like a bot on easy mode will quickscope a non moving person below him
idk what the hell your trying to point out but there you go
0 x
<Aspect> Vapsiz#8861

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:23 pm

jlo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:20 pm
add a cooldown i just mentioned before that usually i take a minute or two break so the cooldown will be 3 minutes and the bot will take over as easy for 1-2 minutes

and like i said it's not like a bot on easy mode will quickscope a non moving person below him
Off Topic
You are starting to act unintelligent. Take critism instead of trying to say that others ideas are invalid without posing an adequate solution.
I think if a command like this is to be implemented, it should last for the entire round, and you should be unable to return until the round is over.
1 x

jlo
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by jlo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:25 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:23 pm
jlo wrote:

Off Topic
You are starting to act unintelligent. Take critism instead of trying to say that others ideas are invalid without posing an adequate solution.
I think if a command like this is to be implemented, it should last for the entire round, and you should be unable to return until the round is over.
true yeah but still think about it ppl can easily just go afk and afk once the cooldowns over making the game unfun
so there should be a timer for how long they can go afk and a cooldown

im thinking
timer - 1-2 minutes
cooldown 3-5 minutes

and you can't go un afk or back to you playing instead of the AI till your timers done
0 x
<Aspect> Vapsiz#8861

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:29 pm

jlo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:25 pm
RickAvory wrote:
jlo wrote:

Off Topic
true yeah but still think about it ppl can easily just go afk and afk once the cooldowns over making the game unfun

im thinking
timer - 1-2 minutes
cooldown 3-5 minutes

and you can't go un afk or back to you playing instead of the AI till your timers done
Yes it would be “unfun” having to wait however this is the best way to stop the abuse of the command. A cool down of 3-5 minutes would be a misstep since you might need to go AFK again soon after. Simply inputting the command “/unafk” should display the text “You will be able to play next round” or something along the lines of that. An afk timer might be a little bizzare. Someone here prior mentioned a spectator mode which I can agree with. At the end of the day, the host of the server should have some control over how this command is used
0 x

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Sree » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:31 pm

jlo wrote:
edit: and im pretty sure a easy bot will be able to aim perfectly and snipe one without even taking time aka in just like 1.5 seconds
what you saw in the gif is a bot of normal difficulty and I am pretty sure that you wanted the bot to have normal difficulty in the main thread and that's what it looks like. moreover lets not forget, bots have super unpredictable melee, I can use this command whenever I am forced to have a melee combat as well.
1 x

jlo
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by jlo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:37 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:29 pm
jlo wrote:
RickAvory wrote:

Off Topic

im thinking
timer - 1-2 minutes
cooldown 3-5 minutes

Yes it would be “unfun” having to wait however this is the best way to stop the abuse of the command. A cool down of 3-5 minutes would be a misstep since you might need to go AFK again soon after. Simply inputting the command “/unafk” should display the text “You will be able to play next round” or something along the lines of that. An afk timer might be a little bizzare. Someone here prior mentioned a spectator mode which I can agree with. At the end of the day, the host of the server should have some control over how this command is used
Sree wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:31 pm
jlo wrote:
what you saw in the gif is a bot of normal difficulty and I am pretty sure that you wanted the bot to have normal difficulty in the main thread and that's what it looks like. moreover lets not forget, bots have super unpredictable melee, I can use this command whenever I am forced to have a melee combat as well.
yes and im not disagreeing with your opinion on afk mode
but like you said a timer would be bizaare since they can just wait however you made me change my mind about one round only but still, unless there was a 2-3 round cooldown ppl would just use the bot on easy mode each round
but still think it through the bots on EASY meaning a new player can keep up with him/her
edit: and yes, spectator mode is a good idea too instead of having a AI play for you but it can be abusive in ways
people can go spectator when their about to get killed and this one if added would piss me off alot so there are side effects of my view that im seeing spectator mode on right now but reconsider man
edit2: unless a combat mode was added like if you punch a person or he punches you if you stay away from him for atleast 10 seconds and he doesnt hurt/touch you then your not in danger zone
and i'm not gonna merge other ideas with this thread but that's just a suggestion to prevent afk mode or well what i said above happending
0 x
<Aspect> Vapsiz#8861

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:45 pm

jlo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:37 pm
RickAvory wrote:
jlo wrote:

im thinking
timer - 1-2 minutes
cooldown 3-5 minutes

Sree wrote:
jlo wrote:
but like you said a timer would be bizaare since they can just wait however you made me change my mind about one round only but still, unless there was a 2-3 round cooldown ppl would just use the bot on easy mode each round
but still think it through the bots on EASY meaning a new player can keep up with him/her
edit: and yes, spectator mode is a good idea too instead of having a AI play for you but it can be abusive in ways
people can go spectator when their about to get killed and this one if added would piss me off alot so there are side effects of my view that im seeing spectator mode on right now but reconsider man
I’m confused as to what you are even saying now. You claim to agree with me yet still propose and irrelivant 3 minuite cooldown. I say irrelevant because if you simply do it on a single round basis a cooldown is completely unnecessary. An easy bot would be a good alternative, I don’t think anyone is disagreeing with that. I believe what @Sree was saying was that being able to activate this command at will would nullify the need to aim or melee. If you want to argue that people would just leave the command on and have the bot fight for them then... what the hell is even the point of playing?
0 x

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Sree » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:47 pm

the main point of this thread was giving players the ability to take quick afks and get back to their game, if you're gonna force a player to not return until "2 - 3 matches cooldown" is over, it's not gonna work. a player being afk is an annoyance to other players, not the player himself. why would I enable afk mode and have to wait around 2 - 3 matches before I can play again just for the sake of others? nobody's going to use this command that way. end of the argument, this command would either be very abusive or useless.
1 x

jlo
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by jlo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:55 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:45 pm
jlo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:37 pm
RickAvory wrote:

Sree wrote:

I’m confused as to what you are even saying now. You claim to agree with me yet still propose and irrelivant 3 minuite cooldown. I say irrelevant because if you simply do it on a single round basis a cooldown is completely unnecessary. An easy bot would be a good alternative, I don’t think anyone is disagreeing with that. I believe what @Sree was saying was that being able to activate this command at will would nullify the need to aim or melee. If you want to argue that people would just leave the command on and have the bot fight for them then... what the hell is even the point of playing?

Sree wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:47 pm
the main point of this thread was giving players the ability to take quick afks and get back to their game, if you're gonna force a player to not return until 2 - 3 matches are over, it's not gonna work. a player being afk is annoying to other players, not the player himself. why would I enable afk mode and have to wait around 2 - 3 matches before I can play again just for the sake of others? nobody's going to use this command that way. end of the argument, this command would either be very abusive or useless.
yep and that's what im trying to point out waiting 2-3 rounds might not work out and guess what you solved that sh wont swear, for me this is only a idea but still, i really think this is a good idea but like you solved it for me or well put it out for me sree and i do think this is a good idea but it might not fit in the game that well. so let me point out all the sh wont swear stuff and ideas that we got

-spectator mode - ppl can goto spectator mode as soon as they are about to die which will be a p1ssing and a anger for me
so to solve this sh wont swear i got a idea like i said im not tryng to merge another idea with the thread but this is how i think we can solve this spectator issue

alright so we should have danger zone meaning if you get hit by a person or attacked you can't go AFK/spectator mode unless he's dead or either unable to attack you for a set of time but still they cna just play ring around the rosie over and over and just goto spectator mode so what we can do is increase the time or plan out something else

-ppl can abuse the mode
by uh going afk, using the bot to ur advantage, new players can use it to their advantage aswell
i mean the bot is on easy mode but literally, heres what im trying to say to change ur mind
- the bot will be on EASY difficulty
-the bot wins wont COUNT
-the bots loses wont COUNT
-there might be a cooldown/timer that you some disagree on

-ppl can use it each round
-there will be a counter/timer *possibly*
-also if they use it each round they can but only for a minute how does that sound let me know y'all
0 x
<Aspect> Vapsiz#8861

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Sree » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:06 pm

jlo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:55 pm
i really think this is a good idea but like you solved it for me or well put it out for me sree and i do think this is a good idea but it might not fit in the game that well.
hey no hate, no complains plebs, can we hev street fiter combos and fireball from fist in sfd? ik it might not fit into the game but it is a good idea
jlo wrote:
-ppl can abuse the mode
by uh going afk, using the bot to ur advantage, new players can use it to their advantage aswell
i mean the bot is on easy mode but literally, heres what im trying to say to change ur mind
-the bot wins wont COUNT
I just told you why a cooldown/timer forcing the player to wait before he can play wouldn't work well. the bot i showed you on the gif was normal difficulty, which is right before easy.

but ok, here's how I think this idea could work better.

it would work like the idle kick mechanic, if a player goes afk for more than 10 seconds (or a specified interval), a bot will take over him, there won't be any cooldowns, so a player can return whenever he wants. also the host gets to decide whether this mechanic should be active or not.
Last edited by Sree on Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:08 pm

I had some faith in this idea but now it seems like it’s becoming too complicated to implement and is going to cause more problems then good
1 x

jlo
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by jlo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:23 pm

Sree wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:06 pm
jlo wrote:
i really think this is a good idea but like you solved it for me or well put it out for me sree and i do think this is a good idea but it might not fit in the game that well.
hey no hate, no complains plebs, can we hev street fiter combos and fireball from fist in sfd? ik it might not fit into the game but it is a good idea
jlo wrote:
-ppl can abuse the mode
-the bot wins wont COUNT
I just told you why a cooldown/timer forcing the player to wait before he can play wouldn't work well. the bot i showed you on the gif was normal difficulty, which is right before easy.

but ok, here's how I think this idea could work better.

it would work like the idle kick mechanic, if a player goes afk for more than 10 seconds (or a specified interval), a bot will take over him, there won't be any cooldowns, so a player can return whenever he wants. also the host gets to decide whether this mechanic should be active or not.
yep that idea is perfect i lik eit
thank YOU sree for the good add-ons
i dont think 10 seconds possibly like 25 seconds and thats what im basically trying to say a bot will take over him till he presses a button and the bots on easy difficulty
0 x
<Aspect> Vapsiz#8861

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:23 pm

Sree wrote:

The problem is, why would you need to go AFK more than once and for only a second or two, a cooldown for reverting the command (or going to spectate yes, I'm still sticking to that suggestion) and a limit for how many times you can pull it off, the limit being 1 time.

Speaking of bots, I don't think that they should be the main focus of this suggestion, more so if they are used as intended, bots on their own are weak as fuck, especially easy or even normal ones compared to players, why would you convert yourself to a bot and have yourself die when you could just take a leak and get back into the game unharmed, although I'm not against it, bots would only be good if you wanna go on a vacation and still stay in a server since you won't bog down a game by always being the last enemy player alive.

Also, I wanna expand on my suggestion earlier, if you enter spectator, the slot you went from player to spectator on will become locked, this will give a message to the host and moderators that goes like this...

A player has switched to spectator and their slot has been locked, you can unlock it to make space for more players at the cost of leaving out the spectator (it could be shortened to just "A player has switched to spectator and their slot has been locked")

If the host is nice enough to keep your slot locked, this'll allow you to get back into the game after you've finished sacrificing to the all-mighty lord cthulhu.

Moving on, hosts will have an option to kick players for inactivity or put them in a spectator slot (without locking the slot they were in ofcourse), I think the "switch to spectator" option should be default since if the host wants to kick, they can just do that manually.
Additionally, you could, instead of kicking, punish players, or set up a 1v1, by locking them into spectate mode even if they rejoin the server, the command could be "/lock (player)"

Also, the host can disable locking slots once players switch to spectator, and disable bot-controlled players.
Off Topic
Sree, watching you slowly type out the command like a pleb made me want todie, did you know you can copy-paste commands?

You do it by typing one out then copying it with Ctrl + C and then paste it out later with Ctrl + V you can use this technique to pull off some silly shit like spamming a player with pillows by rapidly copy-pasting "/give (player) pillow" and watch them beg for you to stop or struggle to fight with pillows, either way, it's fun :twisted: you should try it!

If you already knew both of those things then, gomenasai senpai, you truly are an SFDgodthat we should all bow and kowtow to, cthulhu can go die in a fire...
also, I started typing this out before sree made his suggestions that are almost identical to mine, fuck you Sree! REEEEEEEEEE!
1 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

jlo
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by jlo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:35 pm

StarNord wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:23 pm
Sree wrote:

The problem is, why would you need to go AFK more than once and for only a second or two, a cooldown for reverting the command (or going to spectate yes, I'm still sticking to that suggestion) and a limit for how many times you can pull it off, the limit being 1 time.

Speaking of bots, I don't think that they should be the main focus of this suggestion, more so if they are used as intended, bots on their own are weak as fuck, especially easy or even normal ones compared to players, why would you convert yourself to a bot and have yourself die when you could just take a leak and get back into the game unharmed, although I'm not against it, bots would only be good if you wanna go on a vacation and still stay in a server since you won't bog down a game by always being the last enemy player alive.

Also, I wanna expand on my suggestion earlier, if you enter spectator, the slot you went from player to spectator on will become locked, this will give a message to the host and moderators that goes like this...

A player has switched to spectator and their slot has been locked, you can unlock it to make space for more players at the cost of leaving out the spectator (it could be shortened to just "A player has switched to spectator and their slot has been locked")

If the host is nice enough to keep your slot locked, this'll allow you to get back into the game after you've finished sacrificing to the all-mighty lord cthulhu.

Moving on, hosts will have an option to kick players for inactivity or put them in a spectator slot (without locking the slot they were in ofcourse), I think the "switch to spectator" option should be default since if the host wants to kick, they can just do that manually.
Additionally, you could, instead of kicking, punish players, or set up a 1v1, by locking them into spectate mode even if they rejoin the server, the command could be "/lock (player)"

Also, the host can disable locking slots once players switch to spectator, and disable bot-controlled players.
Off Topic
Sree, watching you slowly type out the command like a pleb made me want todie, did you know you can copy-paste commands?

You do it by typing one out then copying it with Ctrl + C and then paste it out later with Ctrl + V you can use this technique to pull off some silly shit like spamming a player with pillows by rapidly copy-pasting "/give (player) pillow" and watch them beg for you to stop or struggle to fight with pillows, either way, it's fun :twisted: you should try it!

If you already knew both of those things then, gomenasai senpai, you truly are an SFDgodthat we should all bow and kowtow to, cthulhu can go die in a fire...
also, I started typing this out before sree made his suggestions that are almost identical to mine, fuck you Sree! REEEEEEEEEE!

if that was true well sticking to your last of your sentence hosts can just lock ppl for fun unless there was a way to trigger and non trigger, this also means the host AND the player have to accept it, and true bots are easy and they cant do that much on their own, but let me know
0 x
<Aspect> Vapsiz#8861

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:47 pm

jlo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:35 pm
StarNord wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:23 pm
Sree wrote:

Off Topic

if that was true well sticking to your last of your sentence hosts can just lock ppl for fun unless there was a way to trigger and non trigger, this also means the host AND the player have to accept it, and true bots are easy and they cant do that much on their own, but let me know

A host can also kick and ban whoever they want whenever they want. I don’t see how adding something like this is more problematic.
0 x