Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Small Suggestions topic

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Re: Small Suggestions topic

Post by Shark » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:32 pm

a chat outside the server, on the screen to enter a server, we have "Connect" and "Back" we could have a "Chat" to ask for a vacancy and talk to the people of the server even without being on the server, these messages would appear in the chat only of the host/or players it can be a option too, you(host) can mutate if you want to view them and have the Chat option disable
4 x
Just me The Predator!

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:37 pm

Shark wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:32 pm
a chat outside the server, on the screen to enter a server, we have "Connect" and "Back" we could have a "Chat" to ask for a vacancy and talk to the people of the server even without being on the server, these messages would appear in the chat only of the host/or players it can be a option too, you(host) can mutate if you want to view them and have the Chat option disable
I think there should also be games where you can join as a spectator or even Queue your spot. And These spectators can be monitored by the host
4 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:19 pm

I am not sure if this has ever been suggested, but the floor in hazardous that breaks that has a light under it completely bugs out when the floor falls. Maybe changing the physics of the light? Or just move the light where the floor doesn’t break.
1 x

Yigrido
Fighter
Fighter
Title: zyfex is our savior
SFD Account: Bobbydied
SFD Alias: Yigrido
Started SFD: August 2018
Post by Yigrido » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:52 pm

You mean the humping? Also, shouldn't this be in the bugs forum?
0 x
I try so hard to tryhard, but I can't tryhard no matter how hard I try.

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:37 am

Yigrido wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:52 pm
You mean the humping? Also, shouldn't this be in the bugs forum?
Well yeah technically, but this is such a small thing that I figured it should be in here.
0 x

Artifex
Fighter
Fighter
Title: i kick ass and chew gum daily
Started SFD: year before old forums closed
Post by Artifex » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:45 pm

Its a small suggestion but how about an icon to show if a player is using a controller?
5 x
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:00 am

Infinite throw mode. enable by holding "throwmode-key", then you'll pick all your weapons with throwing mode until you click "throwmode-key" back.
2 x
-Content-maker.

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:35 pm

Have an option in Offline (strictly-bot) games to end the round prematurely if you've died early. Essentially a /gameover except without having to execute the command manually. The game will choose a random bot and the victory will be handed to them.

Since the game doesn't keep bots' scores I can only assume it's not important and that they are only there for the player's own entertainment; if that's the case, dying first in an 8-slot-lobby populated with AI players sucks and you should be able to skip forward in order to continue playing.
5 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:04 am

1.Converting any map with layers into another map, for example from Custom to Adventure (with id).
2.Instead of making campaign skippable after map rotate and game over - you should add "ChangeMapTrigger", that will change map after gameover.
2 x
-Content-maker.

Ol1vver
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: olv
SFD Alias: olv
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.4
Post by Ol1vver » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:08 pm

Why not add P2P? [Peer to Peer] since not everyone has access to the router / UPnP enabled or it isn't supported? I can't host on SFD, but I can host on Garry's Mod (because they use P2P).
That may be a great addition to people that don't know how to port forward and don't have UPnP supported.
1 x

Hamurlik
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Hamurlik » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:52 am

Hey, would be nice if you could unlock a filter called retro, withmore pixels and less details (SF 1 f.exp.), maybe an overlay with CRT-scan lines :D

Idea from: Spirits - SFD Laid out: Hamurlik (Me)
1 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:04 am

SetMapMade function in editor.

1.Made
2.WIP
Last edited by Shock on Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
-Content-maker.

Artifex
Fighter
Fighter
Title: i kick ass and chew gum daily
Started SFD: year before old forums closed
Post by Artifex » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:21 pm

Controller presets please. I would like to just plug and play without spending precious time in school deciding the layout.
0 x
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:23 am

Artifex wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:21 pm
Controller presets please. I would like to just plug and play without spending precious time in school deciding the layout.
Already a thing
0 x

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:57 pm

These two little suggestions have to do with the voting phase at the end of each round.

Firstly, the vote phase (the one that starts the next round) should end after at least half the players in the lobby voted to continue. I can almost swear in the past you only needed 50% of the people to vote to continue playing, nowadays it waits on the whole lobby (which is usually 8-players-big). It takes unnecessarily long to do so, there will always be that one bastard who will never vote and just force everyone to wait. The wait time has been reduced in general (it used to be something like 45 seconds in the past, which was excessive), but I'd still love it if the phase ended just a little sooner as to not ruin the flow of the game completely.

Secondly, the map voting phase should also have a number of tick-boxes corresponding with the number of players in the lobby, and they should be checked whenever one player finalizes their vote for a map similarly to the round ending one. It's weird how you can tell how many people haven't voted for the next round to start, yet you can't see how many haven't voted for a new map and are just forced to stare at the "Continuing after map vote!" screen for a little while.
2 x

Red Hood
Meatbag
SFD Account: Red Hood
Post by Red Hood » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:12 pm

can u guys do a one name for one person thing? like one person can only have taht name in case theirs people who copy others and in my case, its pretty often and gets
a nnoying
0 x

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:17 pm

Red Hood wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:12 pm
can u guys do a one name for one person thing? like one person can only have taht name in case theirs people who copy others and in my case, its pretty often and gets
a nnoying
You can hover your mouse over the player's nickname on the scoreboard and that will show you their "real" (Steam) username. I don't see why people should be limited in that regard - changing your fighter's name is something you might do if you like trying different costumes on or replicating costumes seen in movies, games, TV shows or real life. It's always been a feature of this game.

Imagine if another player using Batman or Deadpool as their character entered the lobby. Getting stuck with a "(1)" next to your name each time that happened would suck.
0 x

Kyra
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Do your homework.
SFD Account: Howmork
SFD Alias: [JOY] Howmork
Started SFD: Around 1.2.0

Post by Kyra » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:36 am

When I was making my upcoming CSGO texture pack, I encountered a problem. The Assault Rifle shared the same magazine as the Sniper rifle. Whenever I reload the Sniper Rifle, an Assault Rifle magazine came out. At first, I thought the Sniper magazine was MagSmall, but that was for another gun. Adding a separate magazine for the Sniper Rifle would be greatly appreciated, and it would be an easy fix for SFD. I also noticed that the Carbine also uses AssaultMag, which again gives me trouble. MP50 and UZI have the same mags too....
Last edited by Kyra on Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

TheBlackshot
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Trigger-Black
SFD Alias: Blackshot
Started SFD: Winter 12/13

Post by TheBlackshot » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:57 pm

This has annoyed me from time to time ever since: Not being able to pull down that navy blue "scroll-line" or whatever its called. I was in the keybinds menu a lot today and tried to set the settings for other players so that was a bit of a hassle.
Speaking of, if I'm not mistaken you're not able to collapse the player controls either once you've expanded them. Would be nice

One more idea: Clan Tags. Unlocked after completing a set of challenges, perhaps completing 5 Challenges from every tier? A clan system in general is something you should consider for the future but until then, tags will do.
Last edited by TheBlackshot on Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Blame the game, not the player

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:06 pm

TheBlackshot wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:57 pm
This has annoyed me from time to time ever since: Not being able to pull down that navy blue "scroll-line" or whatever its called. I was in the keybinds menu a lot today and tried to set the settings for other players so that was a bit of a hassle.
KliPeH wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:34 am
Like the title says, the "Browse games" server list isn't manually scroll-able by pressing and dragging the left mouse button even after the list has fully loaded and updated. The mouse wheel works fine but lags behind when there are many servers that try to load in simultaneously, so I think allowing to use the faster LMB variant would be great.

(Yes, I am actually clicking and dragging in the .gif, you can't really tell but trust me on this one)

EDIT: Clicking and dragging the LMB doesn't work with any filtering option. I can only assume this functionality isn't in, and if it is it's simply not working properly.
[Source]
1 x