Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

SFD 1.2.1 conversation and download

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

SFD 1.2.1 conversation and download

Post by Lunatic » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:14 am

I decided to make this thread in honor of SFD 1.2.1. To those that don't understand, let me explain what made this version one of the best versions and why it still stands out to me today against the backdrop of all the newest additions to the game.

The game was still young back then, as was I. It was new, fresh, and exciting, and after playing the original Superfighters so much, seeing a new version with all these fancy bells and whistles was a great feeling and experience. The gameplay was fast! It was tight! Due to the game being handled server-side, many of the glitches that have cropped up today were non-existent. Melee was very fast, guns were solid and reliable, and the game felt balanced near perfectly. While there has been many additions and changes throughout the updates (more guns, fire, etc) I still feel like this version of the game deserves it's own spotlight for doing more than setting the standard; this version of the game was probably the pinnacle of SFD as a whole and will always be my expectation of the game when I see other versions.

Of course, these days are long behind us. Melee is much slower now, movement is slower and many actions have larger cooldowns, or we have crouch after aerial attacks and whatnot. We also don't have as much player customization (rip shoes and pants). I do appreciate where the game is now but this version will hold a special place in my heart thanks to the higher tech skill ceiling and the speedy pace of gameplay.

Here's the download for 1.2.1. While much has changed, let this version never be forgotten.

EDIT: Not only is my profile in this folder (which contains all the clothes I wore for that version), it also has my custom controls! Set them to default or change them as you like.
7 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

TheOriginalCj
Title: Lifetime Sentence to SF Wiki
SFD Alias: RedneckJed
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.0

Post by TheOriginalCj » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:10 am

The touching story of someone who came before PreAlpha 1.3.0.

I liked 1.2.1, it was great. It wasn't nessecarily far from finished superfighters, but it really was great. However in my opinion it wasn't really superfighters to me. The devs have this vision of a game where it's not about how fast or how capable you are in combat, but how decisive you are in your actions. You can either fight someone head on and become aggressive, manipulate the environment to your advantage, or simply hope that luck swings in your favor so you don't lose for the 18th time in a row (true story).

I just hope the devs keep in mind that as slow as the Old Superfighters game was, the online PC community tends to abhor games that are slower paced, especially action-packed 2d platformers.
2 x
Superfighters Wiki Founder
The Superfighters Wiki
Join the Wiki!
Danger Ross wrote: What are you doing here wiki-slave?! GET BACK TO WORK!

Hoang Marcel
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Custom map lover
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.4
Post by Hoang Marcel » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:41 am

So what did the New Player skin look like in 1.2.1?
0 x

Ortimh
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Alias: Unknown
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1
Post by Ortimh » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:32 am

Just played 1.2.1 once then 1.3.0 was ready to download. How long was 1.2.1? About 2-3 years ago maybe?
0 x

The Reptile
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Old Wise Man
SFD Account: The Reptile
SFD Alias: JAck Steel Jaw, Old Wise Man
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.6b

Post by The Reptile » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:59 pm

Good old times, i remember this atmosphere back then. Dynamic fights, old styled visuals. Game was very good back then in design, i was loving it.
I am a little dissapointed in new graphics, it is more pixelated and modernised, not retro like, but still i understand that game needs to be improved and i'm not the one who decides in which way devs would like it to be.
2 x
It's never bad to have a ballsack as your friend!

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:18 am

http://mythologicinteractive.com/Blog/Post.aspx?id=44

Released in 2013! Quite some time ago.
0 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

THESLICK3ST
Meatbag
Title: Slipknot
SFD Account: Prophet
SFD Alias: Prophet
Started SFD: July 2012

Post by THESLICK3ST » Wed May 04, 2016 3:33 pm

Ahh...back to the good ol' days. 8-) :D
0 x
Didn't you read the label? I have no expired date.

Hamurlik
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Hamurlik » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:16 pm

Lunatic wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:14 am
I decided to make this thread in honor of SFD 1.2.1. To those that don't understand, let me explain what made this version one of the best versions and why it still stands out to me today against the backdrop of all the newest additions to the game.

The game was still young back then, as was I. It was new, fresh, and exciting, and after playing the original Superfighters so much, seeing a new version with all these fancy bells and whistles was a great feeling and experience. The gameplay was fast! It was tight! Due to the game being handled server-side, many of the glitches that have cropped up today were non-existent. Melee was very fast, guns were solid and reliable, and the game felt balanced near perfectly. While there has been many additions and changes throughout the updates (more guns, fire, etc) I still feel like this version of the game deserves it's own spotlight for doing more than setting the standard; this version of the game was probably the pinnacle of SFD as a whole and will always be my expectation of the game when I see other versions.

Of course, these days are long behind us. Melee is much slower now, movement is slower and many actions have larger cooldowns, or we have crouch after aerial attacks and whatnot. We also don't have as much player customization (rip shoes and pants). I do appreciate where the game is now but this version will hold a special place in my heart thanks to the higher tech skill ceiling and the speedy pace of gameplay.

Here's the download for 1.2.1. While much has changed, let this version never be forgotten.

EDIT: Not only is my profile in this folder (which contains all the clothes I wore for that version), it also has my custom controls! Set them to default or change them as you like.
Virus?
0 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:13 pm

Hamurlik wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:16 pm
Virus?
Yes, the virus called nostalgia, and no-one wants that kinda virus
1 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:14 pm

I started play around 2 years ago just when throwing became implemented, but damn this goes back to 5 years huh. I wonder what went on back then. Cant wait to download and play.

EDIT: Holy crap. I just gave it a play and I had no idea what I was about to see. I didn’t realise how different it was! Things like ledge grabbing wasn’t even a thing! You can’t even press esc to pause the game! The graphics are completely different along with the movements! Even I feel nostalgic playing this, even thought I wasn’t around to play it.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

GodDarwin
Meatbag
SFD Account: TheUnluckyKing
Post by GodDarwin » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:15 am

Started playing this back in the 7th grade, I'm in 11th now, graduating soon. I'm 16, was probably like 12 back then, I can hardly remember anything. Didn't really understand games back then, just wanted to play em though.
1 x

Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Wasted potential
SFD Account: ake004
SFD Alias: Retired SFD player
Started SFD: When melee was good

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:01 pm

Wait, so if i download this, is it single player like in *Superfighters* (Flash), or is it only Online? And then who is playing this now?
You guys all say that melee is slower now, but dam i get raped easily. . . :c
0 x
🎶I will tell your story if you die
I will tell your story and keep you alive the best i can
But I've always had the feeling we would die young
Some die young
🎵
https://i.imgur.com/D479VLi.png

Endergore
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Decent Fighter
SFD Account: Endergore
SFD Alias: (EA) Endergore
Started SFD: Before you did
Post by Endergore » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:45 pm

I loved the game way before 1.3.0 never really played it (because my dumb self didn't read the the official website when it said to run as administrator to update. so I was stuck in probably 1.1.7 or whenever the map sector 8 was released) but I enjoyed the game every time I got on it. I started playing around when debri and grenades could hit your character and I've just been getting better and better at the game and hope when it gets fully released others will feel my enjoyment of the game.
0 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:52 pm

Mighty Spirit the 2 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:01 pm
Wait, so if i download this, is it single player like in *Superfighters* (Flash), or is it only Online? And then who is playing this now?
You guys all say that melee is slower now, but dam i get raped easily. . . :c
I have downloaded it. Basically you are downloading Luantics old Superfighters Deluxe files before it was updated. So it will be fit with his character and everything. Unfortunately however, you can’t play with other people, only by yourself. Simply because there is no reason Mythologic Interactive should have their servers set up for a version like this. The game has changed quite a bit.
1 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:24 am

RickAvory wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:52 pm
Unfortunately however, you can’t play with other people, only by yourself. Simply because there is no reason Mythologic Interactive should have their servers set up for a version like this.
You can play with other people if you have someone hosting a server for that particular version. That's true with any version of the game. Players playing on different versions will still see the lobby but will see a popup stating their version is incompatible with the server when they try to join it; name your lobby accordingly.

You can gather a few friends who download the 1.2.1 Pre-Alpha and have one host a server while the rest of you join it through the 1.2.1 launcher. It's not that you can't play with others, it's just that you must arrange a play session ahead of time.
1 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:47 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:24 am
RickAvory wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:52 pm
Unfortunately however, you can’t play with other people, only by yourself. Simply because there is no reason Mythologic Interactive should have their servers set up for a version like this.
You can play with other people if you have someone hosting a server for that particular version. That's true with any version of the game. Players playing on different versions will still see the lobby but will see a popup stating their version is incompatible with the server when they try to join it; name your lobby accordingly.

You can gather a few friends who download the 1.2.1 Pre-Alpha and have one host a server while the rest of you join it through the 1.2.1 launcher. It's not that you can't play with others, it's just that you must arrange a play session ahead of time.
Oh... I didn’t know that. I tried hosting and it said “online services are not available. Interesting how that works
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:24 pm

We will eventually close our online services for all older versions of the game. We don't know exactly when but probably shortly after the release. We don't know exactly which parts we will close down right now. We'll see.
0 x
Gurt

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:15 pm

Gurt wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:24 pm
We will eventually close our online services for all older versions of the game. We don't know exactly when but probably shortly after the release. We don't know exactly which parts we will close down right now. We'll see.
Will there be some kind of events where we could still return to the older versions? SFD has sure progressed a lot but not always to the best possible direction. The release will be awesome but just making it impossible to see where we came from is pretty sad.
1 x

Artifex
Fighter
Fighter
Title: i kick ass and chew gum daily
Started SFD: year before old forums closed
Post by Artifex » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:36 pm

This might be a stupid suggestion, but its a suggestion nonetheless.
wouldn't we be able to have the old versions of the game accessible in steam if it was done like in Unturned?
what i mean by this is, when Unturned 3.0 came out, the creator of the game made it possible to access older versions of the game by putting them as "optional betas" in the game properties betas tab.
i don't know how to attach videos or images or anything so just search up "how to play older versions of Unturned" on YouTube to see what i'm talking about if you still don't understand.
2 x
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:33 pm

Artifex wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:36 pm
This might be a stupid suggestion, but its a suggestion nonetheless.
wouldn't we be able to have the old versions of the game accessible in steam if it was done like in Unturned?
what i mean by this is, when Unturned 3.0 came out, the creator of the game made it possible to access older versions of the game by putting them as "optional betas" in the game properties betas tab.
i don't know how to attach videos or images or anything so just search up "how to play older versions of Unturned" on YouTube to see what i'm talking about if you still don't understand.
I was thinking the same thing. I think “Minecraft” is a perfect example of an intuitive way to play older versions of the game in the launcher and even have presets for them.
0 x