Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

New movements (with pictures)

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Username
Meatbag

New movements (with pictures)

Post by Username » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:31 pm

Hello,
the game has a variety of movements, why not add more? this should make the game more interesting and, multifaceted lol.

some movements will be designed for teamwork
at the moment in the game you can catch players with the help of the dive who fall from a great height to avoid the damage from falling (I like to catch players in this way) the only movement of teamwork.
movements of individual use will also be offered.

1. tactical sit
you have to be sad that you can not jump onto a high wall? or is there a big chasm in front of you? a friend with hands will help you!
I suggest a vertical throw, and a horizontal throw
vertical activates the "block" horizontal activates the "kick" this is decided by the one who will jump.
horizontal can be used to jump on the enemy's head through the obstacles

2. roll over obstacles
there were moments when you are holding onto the ledge, and the enemy is waiting while you jump? it's time to be sad for the enemy!
It is also possible to roll over obstacles in the sitting position

3. rebound from walls
you can be more maneuverable with walls, as far as your stamina allows!
can also use vertical jump, and a horizontal jump
I think that this can interfere with the game, so this movement will be activated during the jump when you are pressed against the wall with the clamped "up"
The number of jumps depends on the stamina, or a limited number of jumps

all these movements make firearms less of a priority
I think that you need to speed up the choice of weapons as in superfighters, or increase the damage, but this is another story.
I hope I was useful! What do you think?
29 x

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:19 pm

Genuinely great ideas.

The first would help filling the lack of teamwork options in the game. Usually all your interaction with your teammates is just "not shooting them", or just throwing a gun at them. Having more ways to interact with your team is definitely something I'd love in the game.

Not so sure about the third one, it seems quite hard to implement, and would make "blancing" maps more difficult.
7 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:06 pm

I love the first two, and the drawings are also great. But I dont know if the devs are going to add new moves this late in developement. You can still hope, tho.
2 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

Username
Meatbag

Post by Username » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:41 pm

Del Poncho wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:19 pm
Genuinely great ideas.

The first would help filling the lack of teamwork options in the game. Usually all your interaction with your teammates is just "not shooting them", or just throwing a gun at them. Having more ways to interact with your team is definitely something I'd love in the game.

Not so sure about the third one, it seems quite hard to implement, and would make "blancing" maps more difficult.
I would like more team interaction, so it will be more interesting to play)
think that 3 will conflict with a lot of things, but I wanted to show
this movement
Billy wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:06 pm
I love the first two, and the drawings are also great. But I dont know if the devs are going to add new moves this late in developement. You can still hope, tho.
if do not add ideas, I'll at least rejoice for your compliment, thank you)
2 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:24 am

I really like the first two ideas. I feel like the last one though is a bit of a stretch. We already have ledge grabbing and I feel like this isn’t really needed. However, even though these ideas are rest, the devs have to really think about what they want there game to be like. In the new update they removed the recovery roll feature in order to further there agenda. So unfortunately, even though I and many others may think these ideas are great, it is more important that the devs create the product that they are proud of.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:44 am

I think we already have Walltap thing. I mean technique of using wall in map editor to get an result.

And this is not an invisible platforms or objects.

3 x
-Content-maker.

Diamond TH
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Fairplayer
SFD Account: Diamond_TH
SFD Alias: Diamond_TH
Started SFD: May 2015

Post by Diamond TH » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:52 pm

That will be veru useful if this were added, especially the first two. I can already imagine these epic and dramatic moments j_j
Shock wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:44 am
I think we already have Walltap thing. I mean technique of using wall in map editor to get an result.
Agreed, but i'd like to see this feature as official mechanics, so map makers would not bother with editor manipulations :D
0 x
Image - Noob SuperFighter saying

Merchant
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Your average white man
SFD Account: Merchant
SFD Alias: (LM) Merchant
Started SFD: December 2012

Post by Merchant » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:34 pm

I really like the first 2 ideas, especially the first one - more teamwork-related features should be added to the game. Then the 2nd one, i'd enjoy the ledge version of that, but I'm neutral on the "roll over obstacles" one, since, well this very position has some positive factors and negative ones - by that i mean: it's actually the players fault if he gets into position like that, which means he has to find his own way out. He, himself has given his opponent an opportunity that may become fatal, and because of that i don't think that there should be such an easy way to push the player that has a gun on you (Basically an easy way out). But that's all ofcourse only my opinion and you can critique me on that.
Also, I've got some questions about the first one, is this going to work only for players that are in the same team? Is this move going to take stamina? And even if the move is going to be added, here's a little suggestion to the developers: make it so that the player who is going to be flung up in the air needs to sprint towards the player who's "tactical sitting", else the move could become abusable.
When it comes to the 3rd one, i don't really think we need that, since we already have ledgegrabs (like Rick already mentioned), and i think that's enough. Also neat drawings :D .
Sincerely, Merchant.
4 x
You heard of Hell, well, I was sent from it
I went to it, servin' a sentence
For murderin' instruments
Now I'm tryin' to repent from it
But when I hear the beat, I'm tempted
To make another attempt at it; I'm Infinite - Eminem

GreenyShark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0

Post by GreenyShark » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:05 am

This is great, But what would be the added controls for this?
0 x

Vitamin E
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Completely Neutral
Started SFD: around 2012
Post by Vitamin E » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:08 pm

Rolling over objects and giving people a boost would be two very cool additions. As of now the only teamwork moves we have are throwing and catching guns and catching someone with a dive while they’re falling. The good drawings in the post are what make it stand out from other suggestion posts.
2 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:16 am

GreenyShark wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:05 am
This is great, But what would be the added controls for this?
That is what I was thinking as well. The OP for the second one in the picture labeled it to be just double tapping the left or right key to roll over. The third one is pretty self explanatory I feel like. However the first one there would probably have to be a designated key for that. Maybe “W” or “E”
0 x

EleventhSymbol
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Pixel Arts and Bullets
SFD Alias: SJTLIII
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.3.1
Post by EleventhSymbol » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:30 pm

Maybe the roll over objects could also be a "vault" movement? Same controls, but different animation.
1 x
Save the whales.

Artifex
Fighter
Fighter
Title: i kick ass and chew gum daily
Started SFD: year before old forums closed
Post by Artifex » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:32 am

maybe this could be tested out by first adding it to only zombie survival mode which heavily relies on teamwork.
RickAvory wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:24 am
I really like the first two ideas. I feel like the last one though is a bit of a stretch. We already have ledge grabbing and I feel like this isn’t really needed. However, even though these ideas are rest, the devs have to really think about what they want there game to be like. In the new update they removed the recovery roll feature in order to further there agenda. So unfortunately, even though I and many others may think these ideas are great, it is more important that the devs create the product that they are proud of.
Whats a recovery roll? and link to a vid or gif of it in use if you could.
0 x
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:08 am

Artifex wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:32 am
maybe this could be tested out by first adding it to only zombie survival mode which heavily relies on teamwork.
RickAvory wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:24 am
Whats a recovery roll? and link to a vid or gif of it in use if you could.
To be frank, this is something I don’t really know how to explain. It’s just something you “know” after playing the game for a while. I will try my best to explain.

This is a roll that can be performed after an action. An example can be punching then rolling to jump and punch again. In the updates after 1.0.2c this is no longer possible right away. Another example can be when you get knocked over and you can roll in the other direction. I believe this type of recovery roll is still implemented in versions after 1.0.2c, but I could be Wrong.
0 x

jlo
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: hey
SFD Account: jlo
Started SFD: March 2017

Post by jlo » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:30 am

not bad this was similar to my combo thread or something i dont even remember it but ok yeah
good idea i guess
0 x
<Aspect> Vapsiz#8861