Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Jump punch fall damage

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
kazy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Brawler
SFD Account: kazy
SFD Alias: kazy
Started SFD: December 2012

Jump punch fall damage

Post by kazy » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:06 am

Beta v1.3.0b

So I joined a high ping server and I was spiking around 300-500 ping. When I jumped and punched over a trashcan I took fall damage.
Now I was curious to find out what caused this to happen so I kept jumping and punching, trying to recreate what I did and to my surprise it happened quite often. After ten minutes of recording I have made a compilation and I took damage after repeating the action multiple times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S01MLOCdwhQ
1 x
Gurt wrote:I think I have always seen someone comment about how bad each and every update is. :D

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:24 am

That's just too much ping to work with. The server/client can't sync properly. We have not design the game to run at such high latency (I think I have said in the past we have designed it to run up to 100 in ping or something). We're probably going to force server-side-only movement for players with latency above a certain threshold just to avoid this kind of stuff in the future. Strange things are to be excepted when you have monster ping.
4 x
Gurt