Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Superfighters Deluxe Steam page is up!

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Superfighters Deluxe Steam page is up!

Post by Hjarpe » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:04 pm

Attention superfighters!

Superfighters Deluxe is now listed as "Coming soon" on Steam, and the store page is up! That means you can wishlist the game and join us in getting sweaty and smelly with anticipation.

The game will cost 12.99 USD or your regional equivalent and is set to be released... well, 2018. We're currently shooting for October 1st, but we find it's best to give ourselves some wiggle room. The real release date is "when it's ready".

Beta testing is due to start before that, of course - a big thanks to everyone who signed up. And thanks to everyone who's been playing and giving us feedback so far - we couldn't have done it without you. Well, maybe we could, but it wouldn't have been much fun.

Now excuse me, I believe I have some work left to do...
23 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Merchant
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Your average white man
SFD Account: Merchant
SFD Alias: (LM) Merchant
Started SFD: December 2012

Post by Merchant » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:14 pm

We're getting closer everyday, looking forward for having this in my steam library. I hope the beta testers do their best to find any bugs, glitches and so on. Now it's just a matter of time, waiting patiently.
7 x
You heard of Hell, well, I was sent from it
I went to it, servin' a sentence
For murderin' instruments
Now I'm tryin' to repent from it
But when I hear the beat, I'm tempted
To make another attempt at it; I'm Infinite - Eminem

GreenyShark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0

Post by GreenyShark » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:17 pm

Here comes the hype train everyone! CHOO CHOOOO!!!!!
6 x

Captain_dikal
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Mapmaker?
SFD Account: Captain_dikal
Post by Captain_dikal » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:18 am

Let us buy pre-order! :D
1 x

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:50 am

Can't wait to see the reviews on October 1st!

*ekhm* battle royale *ekhm*
1 x

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:15 am

12,99 USD, Let's wait the Dollar decrease your valor, Here in Brazil every players are very sad, because $ 12,99 USD is R$ 50,40 BRL, i'll buy the game, I love this game!
2 x
Just me The Predator!

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:58 am

Shark wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:15 am
12,99 USD, Let's wait the Dollar decrease your valor, Here in Brazil every players are very sad, because $ 12,99 USD is R$ 50,40 BRL, i'll buy the game, I love this game!
That's an insane value for a Steam game by the way. it doesn't seem like anyone would buy a R$ 50,40 BRL game here (or I'm probably being too hard, but at least 80% of the players would be lost I think), but that's uh, just the expected value.
However, many games on Steam have their prices adapted, I'll take Terraria as an example.

Its original dollar value is US$ 9,99. An OK price there I suppose, I don't know how are things there.

The price expected is supposed to be R$ 38,73, that would be way more a bitter price here than it looks, as you can see above.
However...

That's half bitter to pay for a nice 2D game. R$ 38.73 became R$ 19,99, and there aren't any sales. Taking just the currency without considering anything else like cost of living or the country crisis is not a good way to sell the game over many regions, for that reason they adapt the price in many games.

Anyways, people from Latin America cannot buy games as gifts to people from other countries, and if you buy a game in Brazil you can only play it in Brazil and in some other few frontier countries, so you can not abuse the adapted prices.

Well, we can only hope this game gets its price adapted, just like this.
4 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Alexbra25
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: lucky boy
SFD Account: Alexbra25
SFD Alias: |LPH| Just me
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.6

Post by Alexbra25 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:59 am

Well, I waited almost 6 years for this, I can't wait to buy this game.
I think it's still a pretty accessible price from my point of view (although I'd pay any price xd), I believe here in Brazil it would cost around 20-25 BRL. I can affirm that based on some researches about the price of indie games on Steam, like Castle Crashers and Darkwood:

Steam usually, at max, doubles the price in BRL (brazilian currency), although it's more common to see them even a bit cheaper, maybe it even costs 20 BRL, because as you can see 15 dollars is the equivalent of 25 BRL on Steam.
Anyway, I hope to see a 4-copy pack to send to my friends.
Steam Wallet ready, ready to buy several copies!
Last edited by Alexbra25 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
4 x
Love will tear us apart

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:04 am

Alexbra25 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:59 am
Well, I waited almost 6 years for this, I can't wait to buy this game.
I still think it's a pretty accessible price from my point of view (although I'd pay any price xd), I believe here in Brazil it would cost around 20-30 BRL.
I hope to see a 4-copy pack to send to my friends.
Steam Wallet ready, ready to buy several copies!
If it is around 20-30 BRL I would indeed love to buy that for a lot of friends or give some keys in events from our community. I might start one right now >:D
3 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Dark Knight Of Kek
Meatbag
SFD Account: genjimain69
Post by Dark Knight Of Kek » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:36 am

Welp great ;/ Now you have to buy the game which means i absolutely can't play it anymore :(. Shame i really loved the game and have even played before Deluxe came out (the browser version).
1 x

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:52 am

Excited for the release, just watched through the Steam video and was just wanting to ask whether having a player named "i want to die" in the first gameplay of the game a lot of new players will watch is a good idea.

Looking forward to seeing updates on campaigns and AI too.
6 x

M_M_M
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: soopreeme groundpood
SFD Alias: MMM
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.0

Post by M_M_M » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:36 pm

Pricey wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:52 am
Excited for the release, just watched through the Steam video and was just wanting to ask whether having a player named "i want to die" in the first gameplay of the game a lot of new players will watch is a good idea.

Looking forward to seeing updates on campaigns and AI too.
I'd imagine the current video is just placeholder showing off the combat, they'll probably do a proper trailer when campaign mode is complete enough to get some footage.
6 x
hello yes

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:03 am

Remember like a year ago when Getting a steam release was practically unheard of? Even though i dont agree with the design choices you have made over the years i am still pretty glad to see it be released on steam.
2 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 pm

Shark wrote:
Fixed. The new price in Brazil will be R$24.99.
10 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Nets p2
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Map Creator
SFD Account: Nets
Started SFD: since the first versions

Post by Nets p2 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:34 pm

Hjarpe wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 pm
Shark wrote:
Fixed. The new price in Brazil will be R$24.99.
Now is better for us :D
1 x

bgkillas
Meatbag
SFD Account: bgkillas

Post by bgkillas » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:49 pm

would there be a way to play this game without paying for it on steam once it launches on steam
1 x

winter hell
Fighter
Fighter
Title: just trying to live my life
SFD Account: SivvieSivv
SFD Alias: SivvieSivv
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.10.0

Post by winter hell » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:58 am

jesus you guys make me cry in a good way we hit so far and sfd been here in this world for so long and so long i always wanted a game like this seraching trough the internet to find nothing and then this game poped up i loved it its buitefull all your hard work you did for us bro sfd could hit Xbox gameing DVDS YOU GUYS STRUCK GOLD becuase of us thank you for bringing this to us thank you for being born thank you
2 x
make it better

Polish_Spy
Meatbag
SFD Account: jam@int.pl

Post by Polish_Spy » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:19 pm

Dear Devs, i heard that you lowered the price of the game in brasil because it was too high. Here, in poland, situation is very similar, in our country the price of the game would be 50-60 pln, which you can use to buy 30 bottles of milk so you can already say that 50 pln is not small amount of money, i know that you need to earn money but i think that if you would lower the price you would earn a lot of gamers from poland 🙂

And i'm also working on polish translation, so please tell me if it's even useful ;)
Regards,
a Fan
0 x

XxTOTOxX
Meatbag
Title: Gamer
SFD Account: XTOTOX
Started SFD: November 2013

Post by XxTOTOxX » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:03 am

Hjarpe wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:04 pm
Attention superfighters!

Superfighters Deluxe is now listed as "Coming soon" on Steam, and the store page is up! That means you can wishlist the game and join us in getting sweaty and smelly with anticipation.

The game will cost 12.99 USD or your regional equivalent and is set to be released... well, 2018. We're currently shooting for October 1st, but we find it's best to give ourselves some wiggle room. The real release date is "when it's ready".

Beta testing is due to start before that, of course - a big thanks to everyone who signed up. And thanks to everyone who's been playing and giving us feedback so far - we couldn't have done it without you. Well, maybe we could, but it wouldn't have been much fun.

SIR THE PRICE IS WAY TOO HIGH!!!! :shock:
0 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:09 pm

XxTOTOxX wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:03 am
Hjarpe wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:04 pm
Attention superfighters!

SIR THE PRICE IS WAY TOO HIGH!!!! :shock:
Off Topic
im just going to throw this out here... https://www.mythologicinteractiveforums ... f=8&t=3129
I made a post addressing this issue that people will think the price is too high. I personally think it is 100% worth it however we all think differently. But as @Rick Sanchez once said “$13 for ended versus fun is worth $13”. I just spent 14$ This morning going out to breakfeast with a couple of my mates. Do you think I had to go out to breakfast? No. I didn’t have to spend 14$ of a food or drink I would consume only once. Superfighters Deluxe however, you will have forever. It will entertain you for hours on end. And that ,my friend, is worth it.
2 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst