Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Status Update 2018-07-02 (Beta)

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Status Update 2018-07-02 (Beta)

Post by Gurt » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:47 pm

So here's some information how we will do the Beta testing.

Our primary goal is to begin the Beta testing on Steam in August. The Beta testing is currently for invited users only.
We're selecting members based on a some criterias which of some are listed here (but not all):
  • Active or has been active recently.
  • Has shared feedback/suggestions and/or bug reports in the past relevant to us and the game as a whole.
  • Map makers/scripters.
Please keep in mind the following:
How we decide who will get invites is entirely up to us and is not up for questioning. Avoid sending us any PM asking to get invited as we don't like that - Instead make a reply to this thread how you think you can contribute to the Beta testing if you feel like you match any of the criterias or other criterias you think are important and want to participate in the Beta testing.

We will be rolling out invites throughout July or until we have reached a decent amount of Beta testers. We don't want to make a public list over members we have invited so you will have to keep an eye on your PMs.

The focus on the Beta testing is to make sure everything just works, no crashes, no stupid mistakes from us, any new content work as it should, etc...

In the end you might need a bit of luck and hope you don't get hit by the homing explosive barrel. ;)

About Steam Limited User Accounts:
Your steam account must not be a limited user account to be able to participate in the beta testing - see https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -IAGK-7663 . If you get an invite and only have a steam limited user account you won't be able to participate.
 ! Message from: Gurt
We're no longer looking for more beta testers! Thanks to everyone showing interest in participating.
25 x
Gurt

Pixir
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Pixir » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:58 pm

the only thing that i can contribute is competitive features.
3 x

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:04 pm

I'm waiting for the homing crates. You can put these barrels away.
1 x

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:08 pm

Sh4d0w wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:04 pm
literally just take something that ruins ur day and make it 100x worse
0 x

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Sh4d0w » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:09 pm

Rick Sanchez wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:08 pm
Sh4d0w wrote:
You can't make SFD worse, y'know.
3 x

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Rick Sanchez » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:10 pm

Sh4d0w wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:09 pm
Rick Sanchez wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:08 pm
Sh4d0w wrote:
You can't make SFD worse, y'know.
Yes you can. If you didnt feel like barrels already gravitated towards you, then they certainly do now.
0 x

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Post by mgtr14 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:01 pm

I've been playing the game for 2 years and would love to join the beta testing, I've already brought light to issues that affect the game in many ways and I believe that I can provide valuable feedback on the new features.
3 x
Shut up bitch!!

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Rick Sanchez » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:09 pm

i would like to join the SFD Beta test. i dont really know how i could possibly contribute except giving feedback and doing a little playtesting. but ive played for 4 years and im pretty active so i fit the criteria sort of?
Last edited by Rick Sanchez on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
0 x

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:09 pm

Gurt wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:47 pm
Instead make a reply to this thread how you think you can contribute to the Beta testing if you feel like you match any of the criterias or other criterias you think are important and want to participate in the Beta testing.
I don't want to sound like I'm trying to put myself on some kind of high ground, or just cocky, so I'll just try to answer the various criteria as precisely as I can.
  • [Forum]I tend to be quite active, or at least lurk on the forum; I must admit that I haven't been quite active on the "fluff" posts, like the Clans and General categories.
  • [Feedback]I've shared a bunch of bugs and suggestions in the previous years (and forum), and I try to be quite exhaustive in what I write, with pros and cons coming from this.
  • [Maps/Scripts]I've got a lot of positive feedback for my adventure maps in the previous years - sometimes people join my game asking me to put those maps (especially the second, more elaborate one) - and I still blush everytime - but they've become way too buggy with the various updates. I'm waiting for the campaign editor to start making those again, and they'll hopefully be more elaborate.
    For what matters PvP maps, as far as I recall I've only made one PvP map something like 4 years ago, and it wasn't exactly the best. 2 maps, if you count some old map-making contest made on the previous forum.
  • [Moderator]Not a moderator (duh)
In addition, if Hosts are needed, I tend to host quite regurarly (mostly when Formel is around, if I have to be honest), and people from about all Europe (and the near parts of Eastern Europe) get a good ping. I tend to play vanilla games on official maps, rarely I wander into the dark and buggy world of customs. Not a fan of scripts.

In general, I've always just liked this game and I've grown really attached to it since I started a bunch of years ago, and I'd be really glad to participate in the Beta and help as I can.

Also I've played Gurt's L4D2 map, so yeah, I'm already in the Beta, right? ...right?
17 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Bash Kraken
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Action Hero Extraordinaire
SFD Alias: Bash Kraken
Started SFD: December 2012
Post by Bash Kraken » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:40 am

I would definitely like to join in on the beta, so here are a few reasons why I believe I could contribute to the testing:
  • My visible activity on the forums has been comparably scarce to other members, certainly, but I believe that is because I've only contributed where I deemed necessary. I've read each of the status updates, however, as I really want to see where this "funny little game" that I've spent a few years of my playing is going to go.
  • I've given a few bug reports here and there, such as melee attacks hitting platforms instead of players and items hitting players on their path from portal to portal. I've also made a few suggestions, including the addition of the boomerang and a change to the ScriptAPI.
  • I have also made a decent amount of maps in the past, mostly classic-style maps similar to those in the official map pool, and I'm quite excited to try some of the new campaign creation tools. I also have a serviceable knowledge of scripting and triggers.
When I started playing this game around 4 years ago as "Mr. Potato," I don't think I realized how much it would mean to me, but it has certainly led to me to making new friends, being more creative, and becoming passionate about the game and the community that surrounds it. I would love to contribute to the beta testing in any way possible.
17 x

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:30 am

Love this game! If i don't be invited, i want see videos! My Posts no helped the game, idk the community, maybe? Aw this english, my english is a shit xD
8 x
Just me The Predator!

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:47 am

I don't know why, but I feel very nervous for this, I swear I am SOO nervous. Also I feel like I'm worthy the 4 criteria, I hope I am. 've been always active, reporting bugs and helping with what I could, then I'm so anxious for this Beta. There are also people I feel like deserve and could help a lot as being part of this Beta test, but I'm not indicating this time, I hope they are worthy enough to make the devs notice them by themselves (even though Gurt and Hjarpe would rather want us to indicate someone instead 🤔)
11 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Merchant
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Your average white man
SFD Account: Merchant
SFD Alias: (LM) Merchant
Started SFD: December 2012

Post by Merchant » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:55 am

I haven't really talked so much in the forums, but now i see an opportunity to test a new version of a game i've really liked and enjoyed: the fact that i've been playing this game since 2012 (might have some experience with the game haha) speaks for itself i think, and i most certainly don't want to miss the chance, I would really like to give the feedback. Interested in testing.

When it comes to hosting, then yes, i am able to host (Eastern Europe)
10 x
You heard of Hell, well, I was sent from it
I went to it, servin' a sentence
For murderin' instruments
Now I'm tryin' to repent from it
But when I hear the beat, I'm tempted
To make another attempt at it; I'm Infinite - Eminem

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:23 am

(As a maps maker)
I would like to see what's gonna be next and i would like to help , i play this game since pre-alpha 1.2.0 and i have made a lot of maps with different original ideas(minigames , gamemodes and adventure maps also classic ones) also i made my own SFD serial - based on trigger's knowledge(Shock's Adventures on YouTube) , but i never was scripter in SFD , only code-fixer. I really can help with some Trigger troubles.

(As a forum member)
I am trying to be more active on forums because i really have suggest many ideas especially of triggers for this game , but last time i wasn't enough active and also i published some of my maps - trying to keep this work , you can also check my server when i host it.

(As a bug searcher)
I have seen a lot of game bugs that happened to me sometimes , i never suggested to solve it,but i've been recording the videos of some troubles , like if you not dying from rocket-riding...

(I am not moderator)
I am moderator only in #RSFD community with 1778 people inside of it.
Last edited by Shock on Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.
18 x
-Content-maker.

MScull
Fighter
Fighter
Title: No Title
SFD Account: MScull
SFD Alias: Scull
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.8

Post by MScull » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:26 am

After playing Superfighters Deluxe for over two years I've gained a good amount of experience and would really like to help beta-test and find as many bugs as possible. I'm really interested in the game as a whole, so helping out is the very least I can do. Even though I'm not the most active forum user I have posted a few suggestions/ideas and also a few maps/scripts. I can host if needed (Europe) and I can record videos useful for bugs.
9 x
hi

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Sh4d0w » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:46 am

Well, I would like to join the beta testing of SFD.
  • As a community member, I'm trying to be as active as possible. I want to have some influence in the progress of the game. The fact that I have played this specific game for 6 years shows that I've got passion for it. I also want to compare this game to the previous creation under the name of Superfighters. I had great times with both of these, so wouldn't it be an alright idea to compare them?
  • I had some suggestions on the old forums, such as an idea of The Armory, where you could've tested all the weapons of SFD to compare which one is better at some situations. I've also been a witness of some bugs, but I'm not into reporting them. I'd rather leave it to the professionals.
  • Well... I made a few maps once, but I never felt like it was the thing I want to do. I'm not into scripts either.
  • As a moderator... does being a moderator on developers' servers count?
If I won't get to the Beta testing, that's fine. I'd just ask some of the friends who got into the tests on how the game looks like.

And yes, I'm nervous as hell about this. duh!
11 x

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:33 am

I am interested in joining the final beta test of SFD!

1. as a member of the forums, I have never missed a single opportunity to call a moderator or a dev out for being totally incompetent (at least in my opinion) and had started numerous dramas and unnecessary stunts. The fact that i have played this game for about 6 years and not contribute to a single constructive discussion or a debate shows how good I am at only playing this game and not giving a fuck!

2. I actually suggested a huge weapon rework in the suggestions section right after gurt stated that he has almost completed beta phase and won't be doing any massive changes.

3. about map making, You could just go and download one of my classic maps http://sfdmaps.at.ua/load/maps/classic/ ... 7-1-0-2550 and tell me how fucking gloriously designed it is.

4. I am not moderator, but I have always been on par with Klipeh (the moderator who most look up to) in being condescending and a total faggot in the forums.

If anyone deserves to be in this beta test, That's me since I just proved that all the 4 criteria are worthy of me.
7 x

Minion222
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Overly White Min
SFD Account: Minion222
SFD Alias: @Minion
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.7.0
Post by Minion222 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:26 pm

Hello, my name is minion and i'd like to participate in the Steam Beta-tests
Firtly i'll adress the 4 points

1. Lately i have been taking a break but that is now finished, and i'm back to making *great (correct me here) maps.

2. Sharing feedback and finding bugs was mostly imposible due to login troubles and the fact that i made this account early this year, i have been trying to give suggestions but have troubles finding new ideas, and bug finding is always a key thing to me but as of now everyone i found was allready noticed though i was a tester and great (correct me here) bug finder in the somewhat popular map, SFR by Motto73 (ofc there were more testers)

3. Map making was a huge focus while looking at the game first hand once i played the original my first thought was "aw man i want a map maker for this" then a few months later i got myself the pre-alpha (1.7.0 to be exact), i have a pretty big mostly private project going right now, which i share with some people on discord, I'll give 2 screenshots of maps away.

4. Not a moderator as seen there --->

So i've joined during pre-alpha but due to computer trouble back then i could not play the game for a while.
Here are the 2 screens of maps and after that is my sfd maps page some of the earlier maps i am not proud of but the lates is pretty good in my opinion: https://imgur.com/a/rFXlXO6 (credit to JakSparro98 from the Map maker discord for the boats) and the SFDMaps page: http://sfdmaps.at.ua/index/8
6 x
Ight i guess this is my signature now

NTN9
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Who am I?
SFD Alias: NTN9
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.2

Post by NTN9 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:55 pm

Hello. I would like to participate in the SFD beta-test.

Activity: I was not particularly active on the forum, but I published several posts on specific topics like theories about SFD lore, visual evolution of fighters, fan-poster for SFD, etc.

Suggestions: I made several suggestions, but now almost all of them seem to me dump and not suitable for the balance or design of the game. Over the last year I've paid a lot of attention to the study of gamedesign and, perhaps, I can offer some new ideas for the campaign, or catch some mistakes in it.

Custom content: I have about a dozen published maps and a bunch of unpublished frozen developments. Basically, they are a little experimentation with gameplay and design, but there are a couple of more or less classic. I would like to continue working on maps after the release of the extension for the map editor and the appearance of AI. I have quite a lot of ideas and concepts for PVE content, which is enough for 1-2 custom campaigns. Also, I created some popular texture packs for the game and now there's a couple more in development. Some of them I did in cooperation with Esper, Rrreeemboo and Shock. I'm pretty weak in scripts and basically adjusted the code of other authors for my needs.
Here's my "portfolio" http://sfdmaps.at.ua/load/0-0-13-0-17

Moderation: I never moderated the forum, but from 2015 to 2017 I was one of the moderators of the "Russian Superfighters" group in VKontakte (the Russian equivalent of Facebook) and made a lot of content for it. Now this group has 1778 people and is the most massive resource for SFD in the CIS (not counting the SFDmaps, which was made by the same people).

SFD is one of my favourite games and the most favourite PVP game. So, I want to make a contribution to its development and make the game better.
Last edited by NTN9 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9 x

Tom78_78
Meatbag
Started SFD: 1.1.2

Post by Tom78_78 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:38 pm

Awesome, i am very glad that superfighters is going on steam soon, i wish you good luck and i hope that the beta testers will make a good job ! ;)

I am not very active in this forum, but as a map maker very active on sfd maps, well yea thats all i can say right now , see ya :D
6 x