Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Status Update 2018-06-29

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Status Update 2018-06-29

Post by Gurt » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:11 pm

Status Update

I was thinking that I should be a little more thorough this time.

It's the end of June and July is starting. Time is ticking away while we're working on the campaigns. It's a first time experience for us creating campaigns for SFD and we're doing some iterations to see what works and what doesn't. A big part is the bots you're gonna fight. The past month we have worked on the AI to fit better with the campaigns - where we don't want the AI to act out like it was a versus game. You will face many more thugs and fighters other than a few ones in a versus fight so they need to act differently, they don't have as much health etc... I haven't posted any new videos over bots fighting because not much has happened with the versus bots since the last video. But we're making progress when we get some time to work on the game.

We're not only working on the campaigns but we're also tweaking and adjusting other things, tweaking GUI and fixing bugs as we discover them or improving the ScriptAPI. Minor stuff we can do when we have less time some day. The big TODO list of doom is at least shrinking now - at least for the content we want to include for the release. But you never know what comes up and gets added to the TODO list which is pretty much anything at any time which always puts the release date a bit further into the future.

Besides all this we're setting up a Steam page for the game (it has been dormant for some time now). It's a lot of information to fill in but we will see how the initial page will look like.

Soon we both will have a few weeks vacation and the plan is to spend that time working on the game for the final beta testing. Which brings us in to that topic as well. We will soon being to invite selected active forum members for the final beta testing phase. I will create a separate topic for that "soon enough" in this forum with more practical details.

As soon as we have some sort of working campaign AI I will continue to work on the versus bots which still lack a few key features to work decent for a first version. These features are also on the big TODO list. Good thing is that we can continue to release post launch updates to improve the bots and their behavior to make them harder and more challenging to fight.

I would like to give you a preliminary release date but I know that some of you will just start miss-quoting us and spread miss-information and be a bit sad when some imaginary date has passed that you believed was the release date so I'm not gonna. I can at least say we need to continue to work on the game whole July and August and I really hope we can begin with the beta testing at the end of August. It depends on how much extra stuff we find to add to the TODO list :)
15 x
Gurt

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:11 pm

Gurt wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:11 pm
I would like to give you a preliminary release date but I know that some of you will just start miss-quoting us and spread miss-information and be a bit sad when some imaginary date has passed that you believed was the release date so I'm not gonna.
Shoot for the stars, plan to get at best on the moon, tell everybody you're just going to see your mother for the weekend.

May I ask in what will the Campaign Bots differ from the Versus Bots? Cause that sounds intriguing af.
3 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Formel
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Not drunk enough
SFD Alias: Col. Kelly Formel
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.4.2

Post by Formel » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:02 pm

Del Poncho wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:11 pm
May I ask in what will the Campaign Bots differ from the Versus Bots? Cause that sounds intriguing af.
Probably a bit dumber, more aggressive and having less common sense and self-preservation (even closer to real superfighter, yeah).

Still waiting to throw money at the screen tho.
2 x
Regin of doom! Deciver of fools! Alcoholic! Bad puns included.

GreenyShark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0

Post by GreenyShark » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:16 pm

Just take your time and keep making me scream at my computer screen when you release something.
Wish the best for the release!
3 x

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:22 am

Damn, SFD might finally release by the end of 2018. Amazing to think this adventure started so many years ago.
4 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)