Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Status update 2018-05-05

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Status update 2018-05-05

Post by Gurt » Sat May 05, 2018 10:01 pm

12 out of 22 versus maps have a path grid now. Most of the remaining maps have elevators which will be tricky, but not impossible, to get working. These maps will get path grids at a later time as we will add support for elevators once we get the bots a bit more playable. It's time to continue working on their decision making process now when they can navigate somewhat satisfactory in over half of our versus maps. The path finding is not yet done and we will return to complete the remaining stuff at a later time.

The bots decision making process is for starters who/what to target, which item in the inventory to use, which items to grab in the world (items/crates), when to avoid hazards like explosive barrels or fire. Once we get that foundation in place they should be in pair with bots from SF and then it's time to do some real play testing with bots (and perhaps a few videos). After that we will continue to make them able to take cover, throw grenades, work in team (flanking maybe?) and maybe even analyze melee behavior and counter accordingly. It will depend on the difficulty of the bot of course.

Work is ongoing!
17 x
Gurt

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Sun May 06, 2018 6:20 am

Are there any upcoming bugfixes that atleast ive waited for a long time?
0 x

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Sun May 06, 2018 5:10 pm

Where is the video? Post just it..i don't like of read all this big text with "blá blá blás" the video can give hope to Super fighters (we)
0 x
Just me The Predator!

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Mon May 07, 2018 12:59 am

They will be looking at your melee patterns...
Thats...
Advanced?
0 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Mon May 07, 2018 9:56 pm

WOOW I CANT WAIT TILL THIS GAME COMES ON STEAM LIKE FOR REAL!!!
0 x

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Tue May 08, 2018 2:39 am

I too can't wait for the beta coming on Steam for real! :o

I'm confused about two things tho,
Does that mean that bots aren't very smart unless a 'path grid' is made for the map? I'm not sure what is this, but placing a bot in a random map will make him useless/dumb? They do not automatically acknowledge the objects around them or something like this?
The second is, the game is almost reaching its objective after 5 years in Alpha and one of this community's purposes is to help reporting and fixing bugs, so, after some months without updating and working on completely new stuff the next update is going to be the Beta on Steam, right? Aren't we going to help fixing the possible bugs of new things? Although I know the reason for this, I'm just a bit worried about that, not being completely fine (polished) can be prejudicial but if something is not fine, devs get ready for possibly working on many updates right after the game is on Steam.

I'd be working on many events if the game wasn't about to launch, I'm excited and anxious to make a lot of them when it's done. xD
Hope pre-launch vids and a big adversiting campaign is built up to create a lot of H Y P E like when the zombies came impressing everyone \o/
2 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Tom Th3 Assasin
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: JakMike
Started SFD: 2017

Post by Tom Th3 Assasin » Tue May 08, 2018 8:00 am

^ a Path Grid will make the bots to completely mobile while reaching its target in several ways,not only in a repeating pattern but depending on his set of arsenals and present HP points.As we need to know how smart a bot could be?Comming near an explosive barrel,gib zone and fire radius,the bot knows to maintain it's position as far as it can be.The random spawn of boxes and iron barrels would force him to either take cover or jump over.And as the devs suggests eveymap requires a different path grid mapping,here's why because every map has complex ways of reaching a particular position regarding the map completes it's paths on ladders,platforms, and elevators.I don't know if path grid covers this but more importantly the alertness of a bot can rely on a precise aim making an invisible trajectory travelling hitting its body area executes his rolls and dives.This is how a bot is based on key codings calculating the risk factors in about split seconds makes him reactant to our every single move.

This is what at least I can say in my own experience with game engines or my own understandable language.
0 x
There is not a single thing that I can't do

https://imgur.com/a/Ybqji

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed May 09, 2018 5:37 pm

Noble wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 2:39 am
... the game is almost reaching its objective after 5 years in Alpha and one of this community's purposes is to help reporting and fixing bugs, so, after some months without updating and working on completely new stuff the next update is going to be the Beta on Steam, right? We aren't going to help fixing the possible bugs of new things? ...
Some valid concerns. I guess it might be time to bring it up the next status update how we intend to do the final Beta testing.
2 x
Gurt