Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Status update 2018-04-14

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Status update 2018-04-14

Post by Gurt » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:35 am

We're making good progress with the bot navigation and path finding.

We've been tinkering with the navigation routines for the bots to handle more situations as we encounter them while creating path grids. It's fun seeing the bots being able to navigate Storage and Police Station even if the path grids are not 100 % complete for these maps yet. We still have some features left to implement regarding the path finding when it comes to bigger dynamic objects that can block entire paths like the floor collapsing in Police Station or the train moving in Trainyard.

At a few points the past months I have had the forum chat active while coding. This was an experiment to see how it worked out and if I should take it a step further. I will discontinue this for a few reasons:
1: It's a bit distracting while trying to code and read the chat at the same time even if it's fun.
2: Most users asked the same questions over and over again, making it tedious and uninteresting for me. Basically asking the same questions as in the FAQ (https://mythologicinteractiveforums.com ... hp?f=8&t=6)
3: Another platform would work much better that phpBB3 forum as a chat platform. But as point 1 and 2 doesn't work out I won't be moving to a better chat platform while coding.

---
If you haven't heard the music demo by Splinter yet you should check out this post!
11 x
Gurt

Tushy
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Tushy
SFD Alias: (Mask)Tushy
Started SFD: Pre-alpha 1.1.3

Post by Tushy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:01 pm

Have you guys decided on like the price for the game when it hits steam?
Whats going to happen to the forums when the game does go on steam?
And last but not least keep up the great work.
0 x

Zere
Fighter
Fighter
Started SFD: 1.2.0

Post by Zere » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:19 pm

That answers the first question @Tushy.

0 x
Men ;D

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:34 pm

A little time ago I asked what the fate of this forum will be after the Steam launch, I personally love to think to the SFD forum as a separate thing from the Steam platform, it has it's own soul that could be destroyed if moved on Steam forums, more dull and basically all the same from the point of view of the design structure.

I can't really think of some benefit from moving the forum to Steam except for a more stable hosting space.
Last edited by JakSparro98 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:16 pm

We will keep hosting this forum even after launch.
3 x
Gurt