Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Weapon reworks!

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Weapon reworks!

Post by Sree » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:26 pm

I know it is way too late for suggestions like this, These ideas were thought up by me way earlier but I decided not to post them because I thought it was too late, but since everyone is suggesting their own ideas now a days, I thought I may post mine too :D

What I am proposing are reworks of few of the current guns, reworks that I think will make the guns do their purpose better and make them more unique.

1. Snipers

In my opinion, I feel like snipers are just magnums with a bit higher damage and less ammo capacity. It is not much different from magnum. I think snipers should be more of a 1 shot weapon. what I am proposing is,

Snipers should only fire 1 shot per mag and reload time should be a bit more higher. the 1 shot should be able to critically damage a player (maybe 70 damage per hit?). There are no crit chances for snipers, so every sniper shots crit and there should be 30 - 50 % chances of them hitting a player while they are on combat roll or dive (so sniper shots can't be easily dodged). I think this will make snipers more like snipers and less like magnums.

2. Smg

I've never felt the difference in AR and smg except in terms of damage. I think smg should burst like Assault rifles did back in original SF, maybe 3 shots per burst and higher damage per shot would be cool.

3. Grenade launchers

Honestly, the current version of grenade launchers are fine, but I think grenade launchers could be better in the way I am proposing,

Grenade launchers have 4 grenades per mag and 2 mags when picked up. all 4 grenades in a mag can be shot 1 by 1. the grenades travel in the same path, same distance and have the same projectile speed as the current grenades in a grenade launcher. the only difference is, the grenades won't blast on impact like they do in the current grenade launchers, There will be a time delay before the grenades explode.

well, that's it for now..
8 x

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:13 am

These suggestions remind me a bit of Fortnite, which I have been playing recently, hehe. I liked all your suggestions, except for a few details.

-Snipers: Having a single shot loaded seems like a great idea to nerf sniper in close range. If you miss, you get punished with a long reload time, without being able to sprint unless you sheathe the gun. To compensate, 100% crit chance and more damage, ok. In far distances, it's hard to hit someone with a sniper unless you "quickscope", because they can roll and block with a glass bottle or any melee weapon. Instead of hitting during rolls and dives, another idea is to just make sniper shots pierce through makeshift weapons, something which I suggested before.

-SMG: this has been suggested before, seems like a lot of people might like a burst rifle, including me. I love burst rifles. :p

-GL: the grenade launcher in Fortnite is really fun to use in my opinion. The "clip" has 6 grenades and you can spam them (well, the fire rate is a bit slow) to destroy enemy bases. The grenades don't explode on impact and they're very bouncy too. Maybe in SFD they could deal around 50 damage, the same damage as explosive barrels, so it wouldn't be too powerful. Also, maybe these grenades should bounce off of players too, to prevent stun-locking players by spamming nades on them. This type of grenade launcher would be more useful in long range than close range.

Note: the SMG and GL ideas could be new weapons, not necessarily reworks, because I do like the current GL.
8 x
Hold your breath.

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Sree » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:44 am

Splinter wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:13 am
These suggestions remind me a bit of Fortnite, which I have been playing recently, hehe. I liked all your suggestions, except for a few details.

-Snipers: Having a single shot loaded seems like a great idea to nerf sniper in close range. If you miss, you get punished with a long reload time, without being able to sprint unless you sheathe the gun. To compensate, 100% crit chance and more damage, ok. In far distances, it's hard to hit someone with a sniper unless you "quickscope", because they can roll and block with a glass bottle or any melee weapon. Instead of hitting during rolls and dives, another idea is to just make sniper shots pierce through makeshift weapons, something which I suggested before.

-SMG: this has been suggested before, seems like a lot of people might like a burst rifle, including me. I love burst rifles. :p

-GL: the grenade launcher in Fortnite is really fun to use in my opinion. The "clip" has 6 grenades and you can spam them (well, the fire rate is a bit slow) to destroy enemy bases. The grenades don't explode on impact and they're very bouncy too. Maybe in SFD they could deal around 50 damage, the same damage as explosive barrels, so it wouldn't be too powerful. Also, maybe these grenades should bounce off of players too, to prevent stun-locking players by spamming nades on them. This type of grenade launcher would be more useful in long range than close range.

Note: the SMG and GL ideas could be new weapons, not necessarily reworks, because I do like the current GL.
To be very honest, I took these ideas from fortnite as well. I was even going to suggest a new weapon idea impulse grenades in SFD but I thought not to. as for fortnite, I have always picked Bolt actions over semi automatic and so does most players because most players prefer a sniper that can single shot someone. I want the snipers in sfd to be a weapon that can't be used much in short range but very powerful against players far away from you.

as for SMG, I suggested a three burst because I feel like SMG is very similar to AR except in terms of damage per hit. making them burst would make them more unique and give players a reason to pick SMG over AR sometimes (similar to burst rifles and AR on fortnite). about the grenade launcher, I've already said that the current version of grenade launchers are fine, but I want grenade launchers to be a weapon that can be used for massive destruction in SFD.

BTW, wanna add me on fortnite?
4 x

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:05 am

I also think the grenade launcher should look more like an actual grenade launcher. with the ammo thing and being black adn gray. but i do agree with your gernade launcher ACTUALY LAUNCHING GERNADES idea, altho i do kinda like how the gernde launcher is now. cuz the rework your proposed turns it into more of a longe range gernade reallly. but the sinper idea GENEUS.
2 x

Amek747PL
Meatbag
SFD Alias: Amek
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Amek747PL » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:52 am

In my opinion, the grenade launcher is good as it is. It's rare and you get just three rounds, but they are extremely powerful, like bazooka rockets, but you have to aim your shots well. The grenade launcher you suggest would make it possible to spam grenades even on long distances, making it require less skill, and it wouldn't be as deadly as it is now, because the projectiles wouldn't explode on impact.

Also, I think that sniper rifle doesn't need reworking too. It's a weapon that requires skill and is powerful, but it's possible to avoid the bullets. If it was the way you suggest, it would be much more of a situational or luck-based weapon, because for the person getting shot at cover would be much more important than skillful dodging, and a single shot would make you unable to get into most fights.

About the SMGs - I agree that the Assault Rifle and SMG are too similiar and I think they should be more distinct. I would throw the Tommy Gun into that group too. Though I feel that the Assault Rifle being the burst fire weapon would make more sense because of realism reasons, because the ARs are used for mid and long range fights, and the SMGs are for close quarters, where automatic weapons are more useful. Also, if you made the SMG damage higher, it would become even more similiar to the Assault Rifle.

My suggestion:
SMG should be left as it is, the Assault Rifle should shoot in bursts that would have a bigger rate of fire than now, but they would have a delay, so it would balance out. It would become more of a marksman weapon then.
0 x
Why am I Chopin?
Ok, so... here's my Steam.

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:57 am

Splinter wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:13 am

It's a true GL
GL = Grenade Laucher
The GL of SFD is a Missile Launcher(but in ball version xd) or create other weapon but it's a false GL..
1 x
Just me The Predator!

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Sree » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:05 pm

Amek747PL wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:52 am
In my opinion, the grenade launcher is good as it is. It's rare and you get just three rounds, but they are extremely powerful, like bazooka rockets, but you have to aim your shots well. The grenade launcher you suggest would make it possible to spam grenades even on long distances, making it require less skill, and it wouldn't be as deadly as it is now, because the projectiles wouldn't explode on impact.

Also, I think that sniper rifle doesn't need reworking too. It's a weapon that requires skill and is powerful, but it's possible to avoid the bullets. If it was the way you suggest, it would be much more of a situational or luck-based weapon, because for the person getting shot at cover would be much more important than skillful dodging, and a single shot would make you unable to get into most fights.

About the SMGs - I agree that the Assault Rifle and SMG are too similiar and I think they should be more distinct. I would throw the Tommy Gun into that group too. Though I feel that the Assault Rifle being the burst fire weapon would make more sense because of realism reasons, because the ARs are used for mid and long range fights, and the SMGs are for close quarters, where automatic weapons are more useful. Also, if you made the SMG damage higher, it would become even more similiar to the Assault Rifle.

My suggestion:
SMG should be left as it is, the Assault Rifle should shoot in bursts that would have a bigger rate of fire than now, but they would have a delay, so it would balance out. It would become more of a marksman weapon then.
I've already said that the grenade launcher is good the way it is right now. I just thought it would be better if it was more of a weapon used for massive destruction rather than just being deadly. my version of grenade launchers would make it more deadly in long range and will be a weapon more distinct from rocket launchers as instead of just blowing a player away, it can also be used for pressurizing teams and cornering players.

As for sniper rifles, i disagree with what you said. It doesn't really require much skill or that powerful. It's just a magnum with more damage and lesser fire rate and ammo capacity. as a matter of fact, a magnum does way better than a sniper. If it is the way I suggest, It wouldn't be a luck based weapon, You can always manipulate players into rolling or jumping and shoot them after. the 50 % chances of hitting someone on rolling wouldn't really make the sniper luck based either, since you still have to aim. the sniper being a 1 shot weapon would render it useless in most close quarter combat, but snipers aren't for close quarter combats though?

I think it's better that Assault rifles stay fully automatic, as for SMGs, I think it should be reworked as a whole, maybe a burst AR which would have higher damage than the current AR and would shoot in 3 bursts. we already have Uzi which is a submachine gun and have every traits of a submachine gun including high fire rate and less accuracy. so replacing SMGs with a burst AR would be cool.
0 x