Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

SFD Battle Royale mode! -Superfight Royale-

Share custom maps and discuss them here! If you have questions related to the map editor bring it up in the Superfighters Deluxe Map Editor section.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

SFD Battle Royale mode! -Superfight Royale-

Post by Motto73 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:46 pm

Welcome to..

Battle Royale gamemode right here in SFD!
Intense Action!
Clever strategies!
Loads of loot!

DOWNLOAD
DOWNLOAD PART 2

- An All-around armoring system, introducing helmets, vests and knuckles. Armors actually protect you and they can be picked up.
- Dynamic spawn on the start: all players start in a plane where you can wait and choose the place to jump
- CARS!! There are damn cars! Drive them! Smash them! YEE-HAW!
- Actually working stealth system, you can prone (play dead), hide in bushes and in vehicles.
- (Bad) Sound simulation: Shooting flashes your name and so reveals your position for everyone. (Silenced weapons are actually silenced)
- Game area that gets smaller over time
- 2 !BIG! Areas to play! (6000 pixels, 760 tiles in width, minimaps avaible here :
(it's too large for forum post) )
MINIMAP PART 2 (Again too large to post here)

- You can store crab cans and eat them for health!
- A minimap shows important locations, redzones and wall positions (in popuptext)
- Harder places have rarer loot
- Teams are displayed with clothing colors instead of name.
- Redzones (bombing zones) and airdrops!
- You can revive teammates
Well, guess that you gotta play and find what it has to offer!

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Motto73 on Tue May 29, 2018 6:42 am, edited 7 times in total.
22 x

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:00 pm

Nice work! You is 10 :>
2 x
Just me The Predator!

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:08 pm

Totally , the best SFD project of this year! I am glad to play this map and see how you made a gameplay type , i really like it! It's draws you to play
I think , 9/10 now.

Main troubles - bugs(fixable) , so... Don't worry :D
2 x
-Content-maker.

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Motto73 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:12 pm

I actually made a texture pack for the looting items, they replace some common items from objects folder, doesn't affect normal maps very much. Makes looting more visual, so instead of a computer you can see the actual helmet. To see which item they replace simply open the folder and check the name.

Helmets:
Download
Armors:
Download

These are not needed at all for playing, but they sure increase the joy :D
1 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:12 pm

Motto73 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:46 pm
(The map might be under moderation, check again later if link does not lead anywhere)
The map has just been approved and should now be visible to all SFDMaps-goers.

holy fuck where do i begin
I'd like to write a little appreciation post about just how extremely well constructed and well thought-out this map is.

The different locations (of which there are many!) mesh well together, and help create the feeling that this isn't a bunch of geometric shapes in the middle of nowhere, but rather what tries to be an actual town with logical buildings and infrastructure. For me, that was always the point of Battle Royales - competing with other players in an environment that makes sense to all parties involved, and not just some abstract arena. I'm glad you didn't make this about boxes floating in BGShadow space. Places like the police station, taxi station, gas station, cargo hold, prison etc. are combined into one big playground making the map stand out among the legions of House of Island Melle of Waterfall BR :V [1.4 FIX]'es.

There's even fun "flavor" stuff thrown in for good measure, like bunkers, caves, crashed planes and tunnels. It's as realistic as SFD mapping gets, as far as I'm concerned. The background and far background work is fantastic, and helps players immerse themselves in the world that you created. You can tell every single part of the map was made with great care and dedication. I really appreciate it when map-makers put time and effort into something that technically isn't even a part of the physical gameplay.

What truly shocks me most is that there are hiding spots around the map from which you can ambush your foes if you position yourself correctly. I'm talking physical parts of foreground that hide your character, making it invisible to others. You don't see foreground tiles used in maps very often, let alone it working so well, so that was a very pleasant surprise. Those hiding spots come in forms of trees, bushes, trash cans, phone booths etc. Generally speaking, you cannot see player names and you can't zoom the camera out to see where everyone is, so hiding becomes a legitimate strategy. Combine that with the prone mechanic and you've got a very robust stealth system in your hands. Why is flashing the names when shooting marked as "(Bad)"? This seems like a very smart idea and it seems to work out well, as do the other mechanics.

Each location has its own loot spawners! The cool part is that loot is found in form of various object piles that don't look like loot at first glance; that means you will walk over garbage and will either find a weapon, a vest, a medkit, or nothing at all. Very unique! Furthermore, not only is loot no longer found in supply crates, it also looks like objects you wouldn't think to look at twice in a regular game, but that you can now press 'F' over and take; articles of clothing (that visually change your character nonetheless!) and random pieces of armor, like helmets, vests and boots. These help you survive and that's awesome in its own right. It's not just some armor bar, it's building and customizing your character from scratch. Shame these BATMAN and DEADPOOL customs had to go, but this piece of script-making art had to happen eventually. Bravo!

The lobby room/death screens look great. I can't even begin to imagine how those work. The action itself of dropping from the plane is very cool too, considering you can't really see where you drop and even after you do you have to navigate your way around the map blindly. The plane itself has this plaque that introduces you to the controls which is a very elegant way of familiarizing players with them. There are "Red zones" (I'm assuming those are from PUBG?) that place you in danger if you're within them. Those give you an incentive to keep moving around and not camping it out in one spot. There's this ASCII bar at the bottom of the UI which I haven't entirely figured out but that I realize is a minimap of sorts - a very clever way of incorporating a minimap display onto the game considering how difficult making custom UI is.

Generally speaking, this map is such a neat mix of experimental mechanics (armor, HP storage for later use, shrinking map borders, driveable vehicles, a prototype of a stealth system) that getting used to it and utilizing it to its fullest should be challenging but (hopefully) a most pleasant experience. I can't wait to see what happens when this gets more attention.

B-but... what is this? A map thread that looks good too? I thought only the map itself mattered?! Who would've thought presentation mattered in the slightest. In all seriousness though, I'm glad you took your time to work on custom thread headers and logos; you knew how important this was to me as a forum Mod and you sure as hell delivered 😭

I never took interest in the PUBG/Fortnite fad but I sure as hell know where to look for my next Battle Royale experience if I so desire to get one.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
5 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Motto73 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:26 pm

Thank you for this post @KliPeH ! In the end these are all I got from map making (and yes the joy of playing maps that are precisely as I want them to be). I really used a lot of time to create this map and I'd like to see it being played. I really love the idea of battle royale too and felt like I got to bring it to SFD (actually @CrazyDuck made one mode too, but it didn't have much scripts). I made almost everything myself, with only the phone booth being made by @Emmett_Brown (thanks for him). I also have my discord server where people suggest ideas and submit bugs. (Most notably @Minion222 , emmet, @Heli0s and @SAURABH , thanks to all of them).

I wish the dynamic duo also put their eyes on the map, and see my vision of the possible future of SFD and trying to adapt at least some of these ideas and maybe something more to add.

It has some problems though, like the camera: it shows you on the other edge and tries to zoom at the average of the other players, resultin gin situations where you must fight enemies that you can't even see. I wish this could be avoided in the future somehow.

Anyways, be sure to check it and leave a comment or something, I make my living with the download numbers :D

edit:
KliPeH wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:12 pm
--
B-but... what is this? A map thread that looks good too? I thought only the map itself mattered!? Who would've thought presentation mattered in the slightest. In all seriousness though, I'm glad you took your time to work on custom thread headers and logos; you knew how important this was to me as a forum Mod and you sure as hell delivered :cry:
--
Yeah nowadays I'm trying to always give my best and every single detail matters. :D This is where most of my projects fall though, sticking too much to details and then losing all the inspiration because of a new project.

ps. I'm making another map with the same mode, but winter themed. You can consider SFR2 50% done already.
Last edited by Motto73 on Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:34 pm

I'm gonna download it and try it out - thanks to the presentation! It caught my attention. But will not have time until the weekend I think.
5 x
Gurt

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:42 pm

So, @Motto73, could you please explain what the elements on this piece of UI represent?

I figured this is a minimap, and that the |###| parts are areas that are already past the map's border. Red zones are presented as [RED]. Now, what's with the lettering? Are these supposed to look like buildings/topographical areas in ASCII form (I love ASCII games so if you took the time to map this out I appreciate you even more) or does the lettering stand for something else? Are 'B's two-story buildings and 'b's one-story buildings, and 'p's buildings with underground stories? I also noticed there was an 'o' moving on the map and I thought that was representing me, but I think it moved even when I wasn't.
2 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Motto73 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:53 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:42 pm
So, Motto73, could you please explain what the elements on this piece of UI represent?

I figured this is a minimap, and that the |###| parts are areas that are already past the map's border. Or perhaps these are red zones? Now, what's with the lettering? Are these supposed to look like buildings/topographical areas in ASCII form (I love ASCII games so if you took the time to map this out I appreciate you even more) or does the lettering stand for something else? I also noticed there was an 'o' moving on the map and I thought that was representing me, but I think it moved even when I wasn't.
Oh yeah, there are a lot things I just made and forgot to explain to anyone. I should propably include some info about the map.

Basically it represents the area ( The fictional island of Novograd ) in a wide side-view.

The letters and their meanigns:
  • __--==II==--__ : the topographic height of the terrain, usually in natural environment like hills and fields.
  • B b : Buildigns are with other letters; Capitalized letter tells you how high the building is related to the surroundings.
  • S M g etc.. : Special letters tell you what kind of a building it is: S is a shop, M is military outpost and g is a garage.
  • o is the current positon of the plane
  • ##### are area that are outside play area and | is the border wall

The best way to learn the map is to jump on specific locations and memorize them, just like in any other game. If it was possible I'd show the position of your own player but then it'd be visible for everyone which ruins the stealth. Stealth is lyf so I decided not to show anyone.
3 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:25 am

I can "smell" the great effort put into this project, good job @Motto73 , I will download the map to enjoy it in my own way (and since I'm very busy these days, that means testing the map in singleplayer and reading the script).

With you, @Shock, @Armadyl5, @Kawabanga and more others, that I certainly forgot to mention because my mind is tired, this community is constantly feeded up in the right measure with high quality contents, I know that maybe this isn't the right place to say that, but I saw in various occasions of what you guys can be able to do, and now I take this opportunity to say you guys are awesome!
5 x

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:53 pm

I must say that it's one of the best modes I've ever played in SFD history.

Motto brought us some really nice stuff, like Da Deed Hunter, Hotline Fighters and Gore Script. I really liked these and I thought "Man, can it actually go further?"
This is the answer.

I really enjoy playing Superfight Royale. It's always a different experience each round, no matter if it's a solo, duo or even a team battle. It feels like PUBG or Fortnite. Each time I jump out of the plane, I think "How is this going to be? What will I get? Will I survive?". The locations are looking good, and the whole map feels like a battlefield it should be. The armor system is also nice, I should really check all the damage reductions for each pieces, maybe I will even post the results here.
The vehicles are also good! I did not smash anyone with those here, though, but I'm sure this will happen one day.

The whole map would be perfect... if not for one thing, and that is the force field. I understand that it has to be a restriction in the map and you have to escape it to survive, but I don't really like the concept of it being a wall. It's even more frustrating if you are the one cornered. By the "cornered" I am talking about a situation when you have low health and your opponoment(s) are waiting for you to come out, just to kill you within seconds. You have no other choice but to die, which here is to get killed by the enemy, or to get crushed by the force field.

Overall, it's a great and memorable map, and I hope more of these will come in future.
PROS + It never feels the same each round
+ The armor concept
+ A large area which feels as it was a battlefield
+ The stealth concept
+ The vehicles concept
+ A very challenging mode
CONS - The force field as a wall is kinda annoying

If I ever had to give it a rating, it would be 9.5/10, or maybe "A+". Keep it up, Motto!
1 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Motto73 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:39 pm

Thanks for the feedback @Sh4d0w

There was the time I decided to make solid force field instead of a radiation zone that hurts players slowly. The radiation zone feels lame compared to the crusher wall. Sometimes you find people camping in places like the bunker in the forest hill, nothing is more rewarding than keep him down where he wanted to go and see how the wall gets closer and closer and finally corners him. The biggest problem with the solidness is with the cars, because you can just instantly smash into the wall without having any time to react. Maybe I'll work something for these situations later.
1 x

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:56 pm

Thats a lot of content.
One complaint: where is the item Shop where I can spend 100 Dollars on a Pink paracute?
0 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:45 pm

Nice map, but Imma still stick with melee fix 1.3.0.1 and no grab :v script.
1 x

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:21 am

You misspelled "royale" as "roayle" in various places. The camera is kinda fucked in general and doesn't let you look in the right direction half the time.

Otherwise this map is absolutely incredible and I am highly impressed.
1 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Motto73 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:09 am

Lunatic wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:21 am
You misspelled "royale" as "roayle" in various places. The camera is kinda fucked in general and doesn't let you look in the right direction half the time.

Otherwise this map is absolutely incredible and I am highly impressed.
Yes, the camera is absolutely crap but there is nothing I could do for it. Maybe in future versions we get more control over the camera, who knows.
1 x

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:48 pm

The goodshit. Gonna redownload SFD and see what's in store.
1 x
-Evilsack

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Motto73 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:04 am

Updated to V1.1.

Changes:
  • - Disabled collision on multiple tiles in the plane to prevent players from getting stuck
  • - Removed the "demo version" text from ending screen
  • - Filled multiple gaps in the background
  • - Added things to prevent players from falling in the very beginning of the flight
  • - Added new mode: Capture (All modes are now Teams (2v2 and 4v4), FFA and Capture)
    • - In Capture, all players are white and can revive anyone.
    • - Reviving someone makes you both into a team which you can keep on growing
    • - Last team alive wins
1 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:24 pm

Motto73 wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:04 am
Updated to V1.1.
Gotta try to download that later when the website becomes available again. Currently unavailable for me :(
0 x
Gurt

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:37 pm

Gurt wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:24 pm
Motto73 wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:04 am
Updated to V1.1.
Gotta try to download that later when the website becomes available again. Currently unavailable for me :(
Do you mean the map site? You can ask someone for giving an document probably ;> @Motto73
0 x
-Content-maker.