Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Sharing Guns/Ammo With Teammates

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Sharing Guns/Ammo With Teammates

Post by StarNord » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:29 pm

Ever wanted to pass your buddy a cold one and accidently smashed it into his face because he was lagging and wasn't able to block in time, no one deserves to feel that shame. But since you can't build a safe space in SFD(or atleast not yet) i have turned to the SFD forums to suggest a feature to prevent such a humiliating scenario from ever taking place again.

Okay, jokes aside, I don't think anyone but a teamkiller would actually throw a knife near their ally without calling it out, so to encourage teamwork, I think allies should be able to grab weapons you throw at them without needing to block, as long as they're looking at you or in your general direction, since IRL you would give your ally an obvious look that you are going to pass them a cold on- i mean a uzi or something before you threw it at them.

Plus, it'll narrow down the options to deliberately teamkill (which is always a good thing) and I'm absolutely sure this'll never get in the way since it's quite obvious if you're throwing something at an enemy and not passing it to an ally.

Okay, being able to throw weapons at a teammate without the fear of hitting them, could be considered OP but i've since come up with an idea that'll make it a bit less OP, Instead of pressing attack to throw the item(while in throw mode), you could press reload while in throw mode to slowly toss it across where instead of spinning, it'll gently glide across the air, when thrown this way the item doesn't need to be blocked and can be safely grabbed by anybody(including enemies) as long as they're looking at it, the item gliding across the air instead of spinning will indicate that it can be grabbed, and instead of the usual throw sound it could have a gentler woosh sound to really sell the fact that it won't hit you.

I saw a topic by btelchi where he(or she?) was suggesting to be able to throw mags at enemies(please don't merge my thread to his lord KilPeH) and I came up with this suggestion because of it and expanded on it to not just being limited to mags since i wanted a way to share everything and anything with allies.

But being able to pull out an extra mag(not the one on your gun but this) and passing it to a friend would be pretty cool and you could do this by holding down throw or reload while having a firearm equipped with an unused extra mag on it.

By the way, the awkward situation i presented in the beginning of my suggestion actually happened to me in Zombie Nightmare but instead of passing a "cold one" i threw a carbine at an ally(who was looking at me) and he didn't block since he didn't expect it, so it smacked him in the face and he went "you could've just dropped it"(or something like that) and i felt like an ass, so that was(in part) why i suggested this.
Last edited by StarNord on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:00 am

All you need to do is hold g. But i agree there should be some sort of ammo mechanic.
1 x

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:21 pm

i know what you mean half the time i see a teammate with no weapons i try to give them some of mine but end up throwing whatever at their face.
it would be cool if there was a way to give a person some extra ammo or any weapon without them having to catch it with their face.
0 x

Venom
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Faaking Jhesus
SFD Alias: jajajaja sadasdjasiojd
Started SFD: When it was fun
Post by Venom » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:50 pm

or there can be added some message presets that when you press just specific key a saved message will be sent to teammates like

run, catch this, get outta the way etc.
0 x
YOU FAAKING BITH NIGR BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU DO YOU ARE FAAKING YOUR FAAKING LIFE

IF YOU FAAKING FAAKING WITH TIME I WILL FAAKING COME AND KILL YOU BITH YOU DED :evil:

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by StarNord » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:37 pm

Venom wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:50 pm
or there can be added some message presets that when you press just specific key a saved message will be sent to teammates like

run, catch this, get outta the way etc.
No i don't think many players will have the time to read the message(if they can even read it in the first place) before you throw it at them, there will have to be a noise or a visual clue given to them, like a throw sign appearing over an ally's head when they're about to throw something.

But i think those will just get in the way compared to being able to toss a weapon, the little woosh and the thrown weapon gliding across the air will be an easy giveaweay that the weapon can be safely grabbed without blocking, also not everyone who plays SFD is very keen on english.
Last edited by StarNord on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Post by mgtr14 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:00 pm

Or you can just drop it?
This would mess too much with the throwing, and make it even less risky when you're with your teammates. It wouldn't be so fun if 2 people were coming down on me, and they could throw without much fear of hitting their own teammate. Or anywhere else, so you won't really need to watch it when you're throwing, which will be bad for the game IMO.
And adding even more things to throw, will just make it even harder to approach a gunner, or pick up things from the ground. I think it will do more bad than good. Share a gun or something.
0 x
Shut up bitch!!

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by StarNord » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:32 am

mgtr14 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:00 pm
Or you can just drop it?
This would mess too much with the throwing, and make it even less risky when you're with your teammates. It wouldn't be so fun if 2 people were coming down on me, and they could throw without much fear of hitting their own teammate. Or anywhere else, so you won't really need to watch it when you're throwing, which will be bad for the game IMO.
And adding even more things to throw, will just make it even harder to approach a gunner, or pick up things from the ground. I think it will do more bad than good. Share a gun or something.
Before you commented this I suggested an alternate mode of throwing where instead of the weapon spinning around violently, it would gently glide, signaling that it can be picked up by anyone without needing to block.

So if two poeople were coming down on you, and they wanted to pass each other a weapon then they would have to risk giving it to you since anyone can pick it up without blocking, and knowing the killhog mindset everyone has(especially when they come down on someone), this would be a rare occurrence (if not completely out of the question)
0 x

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by mgtr14 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:11 pm

StarNord wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:32 am
mgtr14 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:00 pm
Or you can just drop it?
Before you commented this I suggested an alternate mode of throwing where instead of the weapon spinning around violently, it would gently glide, signaling that it can be picked up by anyone without needing to block.

So if two poeople were coming down on you, and they wanted to pass each other a weapon then they would have to risk giving it to you since anyone can pick it up without blocking, and knowing the killhog mindset everyone has(especially when they come down on someone), this would be a rare occurrence (if not completely out of the question)
Sure, but it could be a bit weird to only be able to throw around mags like that, and what if you block a "thrown" weapon?
My other concern, is that if they throw a gun that you don't need to block to take, they could easily follow up with a melee attack or a grab, while you're just pulling out your new weapon.
As throwing is right now, even if you block a thrown weapon, you're vulnerable to attacks unless you caught it mid-air. It seems like you can only catch this weapon, which can definetely be more useful than throwing normally. It would ironically be VERY powerful, even if it was "harmless".
Also, if that weapon is empty, you're just gonna force your enemy to pull out an empty weapon while you're about to grab. Doesn't look so fun and fair to me.
0 x
Shut up bitch!!

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by StarNord » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:57 pm

mgtr14 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:11 pm
My other concern, is that if they throw a gun that you don't need to block to take, they could easily follow up with a melee attack or a grab, while you're just pulling out your new weapon.
As throwing is right now, even if you block a thrown weapon, you're vulnerable to attacks unless you caught it mid-air. It seems like you can only catch this weapon, which can definetely be more useful than throwing normally. It would ironically be VERY powerful, even if it was "harmless".
Also, if that weapon is empty, you're just gonna force your enemy to pull out an empty weapon while you're about to grab. Doesn't look so fun and fair to me.
Great point, there are a shitton of exploits that make up one of the many turn-offs I have for the multiplayer and I'd hate for this to become one of them.

On the other hand, more options for teamwork would certainly benefit the game, especially one that matches the game's feel, I think auto-equipping thrown weapons is more of a fault of the game's design and not of the suggestion itself.

Plus if someone were to toss a weapon at you (in order to stop you from punching) then you could just jump/run away, there are more counters to the grab than just punching, you could just get a safe distance away from the grabber and throw the weapon back at them or jump behind him/her and then throw it at em' (or jump-kick them).

The grab feels unresponsive occasionally I think because There's a cooldown for the grab after doing something like throwing, and if there isn't then there should be in order to stop this from occurring.
0 x

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by mgtr14 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:57 pm

StarNord wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:57 pm
Great point, there are a shitton of exploits that make up one of the many turn-offs I have for the multiplayer and I'd hate for this to become one of them.

On the other hand, more options for teamwork would certainly benefit the game, especially one that matches the game's feel, I think auto-equipping thrown weapons is more of a fault of the game's design and not of the suggestion itself.

Plus if someone were to toss a weapon at you (in order to stop you from punching) then you could just jump/run away, there are more counters to the grab than just punching, you could just get a safe distance away from the grabber and throw the weapon back at them or jump behind him/her and then throw it at em' (or jump-kick them).

The grab feels unresponsive occasionally I think because There's a cooldown for the grab after doing something like throwing, and if there isn't then there should be in order to stop this from occurring.
I agree that teamwork is good and all, but it can be done without these features. It's just the lack of communcation between the players, but when they just realize they have the game goal, it works out pretty well. Knock a person over, your teammate grabs him, and you throw in a kick when he punches the opponent.

As for the "counter", it's more so just a way to avoid grab, and melee altogether. If you just let the grab have more counters like that, it's going to seriously undermine melee and make it too risky. I'm not saying that melee is everything, but it'll really be nothing either. So if your counter is to keep running, jumping around and just throwing weapons, or risking your ass to land a very precise kick or get grabbed, then melee won't really be worth it at all anymore. It will just turn into a weird fight where they jump around, trying to not catch thrown knives with your head. Which is happening to some extent already.

And yeah, it's the game design that makes you pull out a gun whose bullets are in you. I would probably be in for this feature if it just wasn't for that. But if that "counter" to throws is all we have, this could still be a bad feature.
0 x
Shut up bitch!!