Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

[DONE] Major feature: Campaigns

Here you can see some of our planned features for Superfighters Deluxe.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Re: Major feature: Campaigns

Post by StarNord » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:55 pm

Splinter wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:23 am
TheOriginalCj wrote:I want this game to have a campaign that insults players who pick the easiest difficulty. I think it would be a hilarious way to troll players.
Some old games do that, like Streets of Rage, Twisted Metal and Doom. Cool idea!
mocking players who pick an easy difficulty is kinda cruel many players who played SF in the glory days of newgrounds are probably pretty old and have less time to invest into SFD as you and I do.

And I don't want the game to devolve into being just as unwelcoming as the toxic "git gud" community that plagues this game, many people want to get better at their own pace and that's the whole point of an easy mode, to give them that room to learn and not overwhelm them with an never-ending horde of bots that have sniper-like aim and instantaneous reflexes.
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:18 pm

StarNord wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:55 pm
mocking players who pick an easy difficulty is kinda cruel many players who played SF in the glory days of newgrounds are probably pretty old and have less time to invest into SFD as you and I do.

And I don't want the game to devolve into being just as unwelcoming as the toxic "git gud" community that plagues this game, many people want to get better at their own pace and that's the whole point of an easy mode, to give them that room to learn and not overwhelm them with an never-ending horde of bots that have sniper-like aim and instantaneous reflexes.
Recently I've been playing Metal Gear Solid V. After you fail the same mission a few times, the game asks you if you want to equip the chicken hat, a special item which makes you invisible to soldiers. In other words, a totally overpowered cheat. I haven't equipped it yet (I will some time, must be pretty funny!), because every time the game asks me that, I feel like "oh yeah, game? I'll play for real this time." :lol:

This could be interesting, it's like the game is challenging the player to give his best. If the mockery is subtle, I don't think anybody would be offended. Anyways, still just a small suggestion.
3 x
Hold your breath.

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:28 pm

I think we'll see a lot of references and "easter eggs" regarding Hollywood classics and similar.

Man I can't wait to play and make campaigns.
0 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:10 pm

YEEEEEAAAA campaigns have got to be one of the best new features coming up! SO MANY POSSIBLILITIES
NINJA SHOWDOWN CAMPAIN
SUPER POLICE COP CAMPAIN
SAS OPERATIVE CAMAPIN
SECRET AGENT 007 CAMPAIN
SUPER SOLIDER CAMPAIN
its going to be lit either way!!!!!
1 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:24 pm

I would love the addition small talk amongst players.

They could be triggered at the start or end of a level or in a pause in action ie: using an elevator, waiting for an explosive to detonate, etc...

Here's a few examples:

Player 1: After this, we gather for some whiskey 'nd' cigars

Player 2: And you're footin' the bill or Not again, Never again... (Responses could be randomly selected)

And maybe some humorous ones like:

Player 1: I hope these explosives can get the job done

Player 2: They're Mikol Baye's, meanin' they're the best around

Player: Man i love noKIA body armour

here's a spoiler if you didn't get the jokes
► Show Spoiler
The mission start, mission end, and mission failed responses could be customizable.
7 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:57 pm

Beta testing of the first campaign is drawing near! One of the features listed in this topic, however, will not be implemented:
"Combat difficulty will scale with the number of players."

By default, empty "Open" player slots will be filled with bot companions. If you are the only player, you will have 3 bots following you around. Enemy difficulty will not scale with the number of players, but will be balanced towards 4 players.

If you want to be really hardcore and play without bot companions, you can do that by setting all extra player slots to "Closed".
Some in-game dialogue won't make sense with this option however.
3 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

winter hell
Fighter
Fighter
Title: just trying to live my life
SFD Account: SivvieSivv
SFD Alias: SivvieSivv
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.10.0

Post by winter hell » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:20 am

the story sorta make me think of that rockstar game manhunt
► Show Spoiler
ethier way get ready to spill some blood bones and guts cus were in for a treat

Hjarpe wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:57 pm
Beta testing of the first campaign is drawing near! One of the features listed in this topic, however, will not be implemented:
"Combat difficulty will scale with the number of players."

By default, empty "Open" player slots will be filled with bot companions. If you are the only player, you will have 3 bots following you around. Enemy difficulty will not scale with the number of players, but will be balanced towards 4 players.

If you want to be really hardcore and play without bot companions, you can do that by setting all extra player slots to "Closed".
Some in-game dialogue won't make sense with this option however.
well we be able to play it
Last edited by KliPeH on Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoiler'd a spoiler, merged a double post.
2 x
make it better

MrClownie
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: MrClownie

Post by MrClownie » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:39 am

Prime Time in Sunny City was a blast, I'll tell ya that! Had a good time playing it with other people.
4 x