Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

More GUI settings.

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

More GUI settings.

Post by hyper copter » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:03 pm

Can you make it so we can decide in which corner the health/stamina is and in which corner the equipment is?
0 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:35 pm

Hjarpe is the one in charge of the design and coding of the GUI. I guess the short answer is "No".
0 x
Gurt

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:45 pm

Gurt wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:35 pm
Hjarpe is the one in charge of the design and coding of the GUI. I guess the short answer is "No".
I think the question is more about GUI customizability on the player's end rather than about us deciding what the final design will look like; whether things like health, stamina, nickname, team, weapon slots or ammo can be moved around the UI from the settings menu, or even elements of it hidden for a better playing experience.
1 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:06 pm

The current design has all of a player's GUI elements (health bar + weapon slots and texts) grouped into a single box. But since I'm assuming that one local player will be the most common case, it might make sense to have a special layout for that, where the weapon slots are on the right side of the screen like now. We'll see :)
4 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.